Ragnarok Questions and Answers Session

TailsK

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions about mergers.

I joined Rok in a merger.

1. How did you keep your original identity without alienating those who merged into Rok?

Alliance "identity" is a myth designed to control the masses. ;)

Providing you don't choose to merge with an alliance that has a radically different self image, basic human factors will go a long way to making the merger successful.

2. How have the mergers changed Rok other than improving stats?

Every alliance has its strengths and weaknesses. Each time you bring in new people, you bring in new ideas, and it's difficult not to hold the mirror up to yourself and see what's ugly and what's beautiful. We've been lucky in that respect as we've had several mergers to keep us honest.

3. Do you think you will have any more mergers?

Yes.

4. With all your expertise on mergers what advice would you give other alliances thinking of doing the same?

There are alliances that don't really give a feck and there are alliances that take themselves much too seriously. If your alliance falls into one of these two categories, I don't recommend mergers. If your alliance is relatively "well-adjusted", find some guys you like and merge with them. If you don't know many people, start talking to them on IRC.

This one is for Tails only!!

Ok, which is cuter, a wombat or a koala?

Hmm... hard to say really. They're both slow moving little critters, but I think I would have to go with the Koala. And no, I wouldn't yiff it :P

Way too many joke questions here. I guess its because the serious ones cant be answered yet...

OOC: Also arent these things usually in the OWF for a reason? The amount of OOC here is insane

Some people have asked some more serious questions. It's more a chance to get to know Ragnarok than resolve diplomatic differences/situations. Anyone is, of course, free to contact us privately if they have something they would like to discuss with us in private.

As for the reason for this thread, it's something Ragnarok has been doing for a long time. :)

Who is your favorite pirate?

My favourite pirates were those aboard Queen Anne's Revenge - especially their captain. But unfortunately, their captain drifted out to see in the wrong direction and ended up in FARK!

OOC: Is it true the Majority of the RoK members enjoy the furry fandom?

What are RoK's goals in the next few (possibly brutal) months

Haha, no, a majority of RoK members are not furry, but we do have quite a few. In fact, we think we may have the most furries out of any alliance (we've never really done a full head count). Hell, even one of the Tris is one... *watches his back* :lol:

RoK's major goal over the coming months is trying to keep our membership numbers up and try and have a bit more fun... The game's been a little boring lately :P

Edit: Thanks for reminding me to update my avatar ;)

Edited by TailsK

What happened to Hoo?

We couped him ;) Naw, he just decided to take a break from it all. He was a great leader who put a lot of time and effort into Ragnarok. He's still around on IRC and what not, just not as much as before. :)

We could always hold a 20-20 series, call it the Mostly Rokking Cup.

Haha, done. But we'll have to make it IPL style since Australia's team sucks atm :(

Here's an actual question:

If RoK was approached to aim for a "Aqua Unity, Take Two" treaty that included a binding military agreement, what would their position be?

Are you guys still going to follow his plans?

Yes in the sense that Ragnarok is continuing to uphold the values and vision that Hoo instilled in the alliance since its inception. :)

Edited by TailsK

Cool, I always admired Hoo's ambition. I look forward to the coming months.

148 to 133 with 46 neutral

17 days inactive, in Peace Mode, no trades or any indication of activity with your nation ever, Droopy. Yet you seem to have a lot of knowledge about Planet Bob. <_<

You don't think he's...someone's multi do you? :o

I'm pretty sure our Chicago-based members do...kind of a requirement out there I understand. ;)

OOC: 16 inch softballs are pretty hard to find. I think there are only 2 or 3 manufacturers that make them anymore. Yes it is a requirement though. I think the furthest I have seen a 16 inch softball go is like 150 feet. lol

IC: Did you know that I secretly love you for your statements about the Cubs when you said that \m/ reforming was a possibility (I wont quote the whole thing I'm sure you remember what you said :P)

Haha, done. But we'll have to make it IPL style since Australia's team sucks atm :(

If RoK was approached to aim for a "Aqua Unity, Take Two" treaty that included a binding military agreement, what would their position be?

)): Aus )):

We are always looking to improve Aqua relations, and we would be open to the idea of such an agreement.

We were, and still are all for Aqua unity. Ragnarok already holds military treaties with many Aqua alliance, so there is no reason why we would be against a military binding treaty to help unify Aqua further.