How to keep a warchest?

weakestlink33

A lot of people suggest keeping a large warchest (like 100 days worth of bills) incase of a war... However, I don't understand how this works... It has been my experience that a large portion of your money get stolen when you lose a battle, so wouldn't you essientally be just handing the first few people who attack you like 30 mill and then be just as screwed as if you had never had a warchest in the first place?

only up to 1 million can be stolen per ground battle. For instance you are attacked by 3 nations and in the worst possible situation they loot 1 million per battle, that comes to 6 million. Now say you attacked all 3 nations back and you lost all your ground battles to each of the 3 nations and you dropped 1 million for each battle. That is another 6 million. So in one night you've lost 12 million dollars.

A lot of people suggest keeping a large warchest (like 100 days worth of bills) incase of a war... However, I don't understand how this works... It has been my experience that a large portion of your money get stolen when you lose a battle, so wouldn't you essientally be just handing the first few people who attack you like 30 mill and then be just as screwed as if you had never had a warchest in the first place?

In a long war, you need to pay bills, repurchase military, etc. If you don't have a warchest, the battle is over before first round of battles has ended. A lack of a warchest ensures you won't do any damage to those attacking you thereby making them more effective against others in your alliance. Congrats, your poor planning has cost the members in your alliance by allowing those attacking you to effectively attack more than one target.

Doesn't a defeat alert cost you up to $5m?
No.

Well, yes it does. This is from the Game's Information Index:

If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen).

one needs to keep a war chest to prevent collecting during anarchy or nuclear anarchy...

but 100 days of bills are excessive...

i.e. you are screwed anyway if the fight lasts over 20 days and there are no relief, no matter now big your war chest is :P

one needs to keep a war chest to prevent collecting during anarchy or nuclear anarchy...

i.e. you are screwed anyway if the fight lasts over 20 days and there are no relief, no matter now big your war chest is :P

Lots of days bills + MP + WRC --> :awesome: + :jihad: + :nuke:

by a certain day << than day 100...you have no nation and a large war chest...congrats ;)

I am not saying not to have a war chest, but do you ever fathom a 100 day nuclear war?

It's about 150M or so to go from 0 infra to 4999 infra.

;)

Probably 60-70M to get to 3999 infra.

another great thing about a very large warchest, you can sled for 19 days buy a crapload of infra then collect and still have a large warchest, i did this in my last war and managed to grow 15k NS really worries your attackers, also no one is ruining my wonder clock.

I heard some alliances like their members to have massive warchests of up to and over $2 billion.