The Pan-African Coalition

Sargun II

Can someone please explain the entire process of claiming land on Africa? I was told to merely post here but it's starting to apear to be a bit more complicated than that. If someone would be so kind as to explaining the process, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Shukrun

Edited by Neuro

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir Dagon, Count of Aries and Representative of His Excellency, Lord Ammon, son of Ammon, stood before the Assembly in his finest garb, having spent the last weeks riding across the continent to make his case here in Realm.

"Gentlemen of the Assembly, I stand here before you as a representative of the newly confederated Realm of Magenta. His Excellency Lord Ammon has sent me here to make a case for Magentian membership in the Pan-African Coalition." Taking a breath, the Count continued.

"In order to show how important this is to our Realm, His Excellency chose not to send a common diplomat, but rather sent myself, the second most powerful man in the Realm. We are truly dedicated to the concept of African unity, and African stability is one of our highest goals. We may not have enough of a military today to make us a powerful player on the world stage, but rest assured that this will not be the case for long.

"I implore you, my African brothers. Accept the Realm of Magenta into your Coalition, and you will not regret it."

Edited by New Frontier

OOC: If it's because of the business with RV, that happened after I presumably gained land somewhere. For this thread, I have no nation.

OOC: It's more of your support for nations we dislike and that we think you'll be trouble in Africa (IC of course). OOC, I'd love to have you as a neighbor, but I'm trying to keep Africa boring so we can survive and whatnot

OOC: It's more of your support for nations we dislike and that we think you'll be trouble in Africa (IC of course). OOC, I'd love to have you as a neighbor, but I'm trying to keep Africa boring so we can survive and whatnot

OOC: But any support I gave took place after I had a nation... >_>

Eh, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm withdrawing my claims. This is taking a bit too long. :P

VOTE FOR GIVING KAAT PAC PROTECTORATE LAND

Realm:

The Western Republic: No

Rebel Army: Tiebreaker

Arctica: Yes

Wighton:

Novak:

The Imperium:

OOC: If there are any votes I missed, please tell me. I'm going to try and get mastab's thing done.

Edited by Lavo_2

VOTE FOR GIVING KAAT PAC PROTECTORATE LAND

Realm:

The Western Republic: No

Rebel Army: Tiebreaker

Arctica: Yes

Wighton:

Novak:

The Imperium:

OOC: If there are any votes I missed, please tell me. I'm going to try and get mastab's thing done.

OOC: He's withdrawing. :awesome:

OOC: I was thinking that it'd be simplest if I just RPed some sort of revolution in the protectorate. What do you guys think? It seems to me that since nobody has yet had any OOC problems with me taking it, it would avoid the problem of waiting for inactive PAC members, it fits with my nation RP stuff, and the middle of a nuclear war seems like a good revolution time it'd be the best option.

OOC: I was thinking that it'd be simplest if I just RPed some sort of revolution in the protectorate. What do you guys think? It seems to me that since nobody has yet had any OOC problems with me taking it, it would avoid the problem of waiting for inactive PAC members, it fits with my nation RP stuff, and the middle of a nuclear war seems like a good revolution time it'd be the best option.

OOC: The problem is that you'd get a lot of IC enemies (see: the PAC) really fast.

OOC: The problem is that you'd get a lot of IC enemies (see: the PAC) really fast.

OOC: I did give him the option to take over some territory in the north of Transvaal but he declined. But it would have allowed him to avoid having to deal with the PAC to acquire a claim. But his revolution would have coincided perfectly with my civil war at the time (minus the nukes).

Also, land claims should be treated at as being quasi-OOC. Because who says that former PAC protectorates are obligated to join the PAC? I think the idea of setting up the protectorates in the first place was to eliminate colonialism. It really should not have to go to an IC vote if colonialism is not a factor in the claim.

Edited by Botha

OOC:

During a nuclear war doesn't seem like a good time to be worrying about rebels. Especially if those rebels have nukes.

OOC: I did give him the option to take over some territory in the north of Transvaal but he declined. But it would have allowed him to avoid having to deal with the PAC to acquire a claim. But his revolution would have coincided perfectly with my civil war at the time (minus the nukes).

Also, land claims should be treated at as being quasi-OOC. Because who says that former PAC protectorates are obligated to join the PAC? I think the idea of setting up the protectorates in the first place was to eliminate colonialism. It really should not have to go to an IC vote if colonialism is not a factor in the claim.

Thanks for that offer, but I'd still prefer to start clean in the protectorate.