The Pan-African Coalition

Sargun II

OOC: Also Transvaal RP's strictly with in-game stats, so yes you have nukes as far as we are concerned. Also having such a powerful neighbour suddenly appear on the scene is going to have an interesting effect on the current domestic conflict going on inside the Federal Republic.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Which conflict would that be? I'm new to this whole CNRP thing so I have no knowledge of the political scene or history. :P

OOC: Let's just say Transvaal is by far the nation that sticks to in-game stats the most. You won't get a war with him in CNRP without a war in-game, or visa versa. We try to leave him in his own world, and you'd be disturbing that.

OOC: Let's just say Transvaal is by far the nation that sticks to in-game stats the most. You won't get a war with him in CNRP without a war in-game, or visa versa. We try to leave him in his own world, and you'd be disturbing that.

OOC: Seriously? That seems like it'd be taking RP a bit too far. :unsure:

Also, could you guys maybe give me a decision on this so I can figure out if I can RP or if I should find a new home? :P

Edited by mastab

Also, could you guys maybe give me a decision on this so I can figure out if I can RP or if I should find a new home?

OOC: Mastab, don't find a new home.

Despite all my IC rhetoric - Transvaal is staunchly anti-communist and pretty much your opposite in most social issues - I'm actually looking forward OOC to having an ideological 'opponent' again in my region. It' been over a year, almost two, since Transvaal had a 'hostile' neighbour breathing down on its borders.

The others are right, I RP around my in-game stats and situations so I don't involve myself in RP wars (unless the outcome has already been pre-arranged and agreed).

Welcome to CNRP!

Of course, I revolted against his puppet state at 4am, but, meh. :/

OOC: Whether it was intentional or coincidental, that was an awesome move on your part Ranathar.

I just remember when I woke up in the morning and found I had a revolution in one of my 'colonies' which had been going on while I slept RL, I nearly crapped my pants. Then I laughed hard, because it was also just funny too.

OOC: Which conflict would that be?

OOC: To give you some background, Transvaal used to control parts of Angola but ended up leaving last summer. It's pretty much known throughout the world that we were a terrible, neglectful colonial master so anyone living in Angolan territory probably won't like us either.

Read my Wiki page (link is in my signature name) if you want more background on Transvaler history in the region. It contains some snippets regarding Angola where your nation is now located.

OOC: Whether it was intentional or coincidental, that was an awesome move on your part Ranathar.

I just remember when I woke up in the morning and found I had a revolution in one of my 'colonies' which had been going on while I slept RL, I nearly crapped my pants. Then I laughed hard, because it was also just funny too.

OOC: Martens just kinda said to me that morning 'You want your country back naw? I'll bring the Kaiser.' I was going to wait till morning, but we just kinda rolled with it.

"Gebiv still stands firm in our uneasiness of letting KAAT into Africa. They are not PAC allied, and we do not agree with how the nation runs its affairs. I have a feeling they would join the bloc revolving around the UFE. Our vote will still remain nay when the time comes for voting.

Edited by Gebiv

All OOC:

OOC: Mastab, don't find a new home.

Despite all my IC rhetoric - Transvaal is staunchly anti-communist and pretty much your opposite in most social issues - I'm actually looking forward OOC to having an ideological 'opponent' again in my region. It' been over a year, almost two, since Transvaal had a 'hostile' neighbour breathing down on its borders.

The others are right, I RP around my in-game stats and situations so I don't involve myself in RP wars (unless the outcome has already been pre-arranged and agreed).

Welcome to CNRP!

I meant a new home on the planet (as in another unclaimed territory) not another forum, in case there was any confusion over that. I too look forward to a fun RP rivalry with you. :D

Thanks.

OOC: To give you some background, Transvaal used to control parts of Angola but ended up leaving last summer. It's pretty much known throughout the world that we were a terrible, neglectful colonial master so anyone living in Angolan territory probably won't like us either.

Read my Wiki page (link is in my signature name) if you want more background on Transvaler history in the region. It contains some snippets regarding Angola where your nation is now located.

I'll read up on that. Thanks.

"Gebiv still stands firm in our uneasiness of letting KAAT into Africa. They are not PAC allied, and we do not agree with how the nation runs its affairs. I have a feeling they would join the bloc revolving around the UFE. Our vote will still remain nay when the time comes for voting.

Considering I don't know what UFE is, I find that unlikely. :P

Edited by mastab

All OOC:

I meant a new home on the planet (as in another unclaimed territory) not another forum, in case there was any confusion over that. I too look forward to a fun RP rivalry with you. :D

Thanks.

I'll read up on that. Thanks.

Considering I don't know what UFE is, I find that unlikely. :P

OOC: I don't find it unlikely.

Hello Members of the PAC.

I am a new player in the global political scene, but I would like an opportunity to establish myself within the PAC, particularly in the West African PAC protectorate, as Mr. Brian Reimer has led me to believe such a move would be in my best interests.

Please consider my request,

Sincerely,

Ian Steele

Hello Members of the PAC.

I am a new player in the global political scene, but I would like an opportunity to establish myself within the PAC, particularly in the West African PAC protectorate, as Mr. Brian Reimer has led me to believe such a move would be in my best interests.

Please consider my request,

Sincerely,

Ian Steele

OOC:

Do you mean the Angola one? If so, would anybody mind if I transfered my claims to a portion of the Tanzania/Ethiopia/Kenya/other Eastern nations protectorate? Now that I look at the map again, that one seems to be in a bit of a better strategic position. Would all of it be fitting for a 39k NS nation?

OOC:

Do you mean the Angola one? If so, would anybody mind if I transfered my claims to a portion of the Tanzania/Ethiopia/Kenya/other Eastern nations protectorate? Now that I look at the map again, that one seems to be in a bit of a better strategic position. Would all of it be fitting for a 39k NS nation?

OOC: It's generally accepted that you can claim as far as your ingame sphere of influence allows. Exceptions are numerous though, some people have more and a lot of people have less. Up to you.

OOC: It's generally accepted that you can claim as far as your ingame sphere of influence allows. Exceptions are numerous though, some people have more and a lot of people have less. Up to you.

OOC: Alright. If my geometry skills are still intact, then my 1,820 mile diameter sphere of influence has an area of 2,600,234 square miles. The large countries in that protectorate are Tanzania (364,898 sq. mi.), Kenya (224,080 sq. mi.), Somalia (246,201 sq. mi.), and Ethiopia (426,371 sq. mi.). So that's only 1,.26 million square miles out of the 2.6 million I have. I can claim the protectorate, then?

OOC: Alright. If my geometry skills are still intact, then my 1,820 mile diameter sphere of influence has an area of 2,600,234 square miles. The large countries in that protectorate are Tanzania (364,898 sq. mi.), Kenya (224,080 sq. mi.), Somalia (246,201 sq. mi.), and Ethiopia (426,371 sq. mi.). So that's only 1,.26 million square miles out of the 2.6 million I have. I can claim the protectorate, then?

OOC: Sure. Just have your character clear it with the PAC first.

OOC: mastab, it's not about how much land you can have. It's about how far reaching your influence is from your capital city. It's a SPHERE of influence, not influence. Also, that was 3 CNRP nations worth of land. It's an awful lot for us to let you have, especially considering it's strategic and I don't think you're joining the PAC

OOC: Kaeva - personally I'd really like it if you stayed in Angola. I've been wanting a nemesis on my borders for awhile. Even if you don't join the PAC, I'd support OOC your land claim over Angola even though IC I would oppose it due to ideological issues.

or, if Angola isn't up your alley... as an alternative, I would be willing to hand over to you Zambia, Malawi, and Northern Mozambique from my own territorial claim. My nation has been engulfed in a civil war and it would fit in perfectly if those territories would break off from the Federal Republic of Transvaal. Send me a private message if you wish to discuss this further.

Edited by Botha

OOC:

OOC: mastab, it's not about how much land you can have. It's about how far reaching your influence is from your capital city. It's a SPHERE of influence, not influence. Also, that was 3 CNRP nations worth of land. It's an awful lot for us to let you have, especially considering it's strategic and I don't think you're joining the PAC

Ah. Alright then - Angola it is.

OOC: It's a PAC protectorate. Taking it = joining the PAC, silly goose

It does? So... no matter which unclaimed land I take I have to join somebody's bloc?

OOC: Kaeva - personally I'd really like it if you stayed in Angola. I've been wanting a nemesis on my borders for awhile. Even if you don't join the PAC, I'd support OOC your land claim over Angola even though IC I would oppose it due to ideological issues.

or, if Angola isn't up your alley... as an alternative, I would be willing to hand over to you Zambia, Malawi, and Northern Mozambique from my own territorial claim. My nation has been engulfed in a civil war and it would fit in perfectly if those territories would break off from the Federal Republic of Transvaal. Send me a private message if you wish to discuss this further.

Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll go back to my original claim of Angola. From what I've read in your thread, the civil war seems to be over a sort of race-hated/apartheid thing which isn't something I'd like to start my nation with. Maybe KAAT could have some involvement, though... maybe it could support a leftist group within the civil war and supply it through your border with Angola, or something?

Edited by mastab

It does? So... no matter which unclaimed land I take I have to join somebody's bloc?

OOC: It's not unclaimed. (except for some bits in NA I'm not sure about.) It's a piece of land someone owns that they would prefer someone else to have. However, they just don't want to throw it away. It has to somehow be useful. No matter what land you take, you'll be allied to someone.

OOC: It's not unclaimed. (except for some bits in NA I'm not sure about.) It's a piece of land someone owns that they would prefer someone else to have. However, they just don't want to throw it away. It has to somehow be useful. No matter what land you take, you'll be allied to someone.

OOC: Well, $%&@. I guess this is also my application to PAC, then.