The war that keeps getting bigger

Varianz

This war just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Both sides have valid arguments, and it would be almost impossible to go back and sort through them to find who is "right". Anyways, it's gotten beyond that now. Alliances are going to war to help their allies, as we have seen with GDA's entry into the conflict. With the entry of GDA, it's starting to get out of control. It can only get worse. The Roman Empire has an official obligation to the GDA, through treaty, to protect them. Let me make clear, any alliances that declare war on them after this post, we will go to war with. They are our friends, and we owe them. GDA asked us to post this, to prevent needless escalation, but I also want to ask both sides to please reconcile. White peace for both sides is the best option at this point. Put aside your pride, and end this. Get on IRC and talk this over. We offer the use of our channel, #RomanEmpire, if you want to use it. Talk this over, and agree to a deal. Further conflict serves no one. We hope to see you there, for an end to this war.

Consul Caesar43 of the Roman Empire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This war just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Both sides have valid arguments, and it would be almost impossible to go back and sort through them to find who is "right". Anyways, it's gotten beyond that now. Alliances are going to war to help their allies, as we have seen with GDA's entry into the conflict. With the entry of GDA, it's starting to get out of control. It can only get worse. The Roman Empire has an official obligation to the GDA, through treaty, to protect them. Let me make clear, any alliances that declare war on them after this post, we will go to war with. They are our friends, and we owe them. GDA asked us to post this, to prevent needless escalation, but I also want to ask both sides to please reconcile. White peace for both sides is the best option at this point. Put aside your pride, and end this. Get on IRC and talk this over. We offer the use of our channel, #RomanEmpire, if you want to use it. Talk this over, and agree to a deal. Further conflict serves no one. We hope to see you there, for an end to this war.

Consul Caesar43 of the Roman Empire

Fantastic post, and I agree whole heartedly. To my knowledge leaders were speaking but *shrugs*

One quick question im confused about though:

GDA asked us to post this, to prevent needless escalation

After escalating the war, they asked you to post this, to prevent escalation? Maybe I'm reading wrong or something is miss-worded there.

Boy I have to agree with Metal here. GDA enters a war that is pretty evenly matched number wise. They enter because their treaty partner who started it all is getting beat. Now we get to hear a lesson in do not escalate upon the alliance that escalated.

That's funny right there!

You guys amaze me.

Just to be clear, our side has always had a set of terms for Naaw which many considered reasonable.

1. remove all sanctions on the black team.

2. Do not tech raid Blackwater or its allies

3. Sign an NAP with Blackwater and its allies

These terms have always been available to Naaw. I do not know why Naaw's allies would enter this war for "peace," when it is clear that Naaw have rejected all our peace offers.

If they truly want peace I suggest they come by #romanempire to discuss a better set of terms.

Cheers towards looking for peace. We want peace as soon as possible. Thank you Roman Empire for having our backs. Much love :)

<S>

This is difficult to believe. Surely, GDA could have used it's influence with NAAW to settle the war before your attack on LE. This war can end once an apology is made.

I mean this with no disrespect, but only because I'm a relative new person that I will ask anyways. Is there a point where the mega-sized alliances simply feel that maybe they have gone too far against comparably small alliances?

This is going to sting, but Roman Empire, GDA, and NAAW, you have turned into the exact virtual tyrant that y'all fought against MI for. I suppose Judgment was short lived and has been replaced by absolutism.

<S>

This is difficult to believe. Surely, GDA could have used it's influence with NAAW to settle the war before your attack on LE. This war can end once an apology is made.

I mean this with no disrespect, but only because I'm a relative new person that I will ask anyways. Is there a point where the mega-sized alliances simply feel that maybe they have gone too far against comparably small alliances?

This is going to sting, but Roman Empire, GDA, and NAAW, you have turned into the exact virtual tyrant that y'all fought against MI for. I suppose Judgment was short lived and has been replaced by absolutism.

If we were MI, then we would not even bother to offer you peace. We want peace, and are willing to work for it. Roman Empire hasn't even entered the war, we're just watching an allies back. If staying faithful to friends and allies is tyranny, then we are tyrants.

Boy I have to agree with Metal here. GDA enters a war that is pretty evenly matched number wise. They enter because their treaty partner who started it all is getting beat. Now we get to hear a lesson in do not escalate upon the alliance that escalated.

That's funny right there!

You guys amaze me.

NAAW's side totals:

Members: 167 (-5)

Strength: 270,177(-47,261)

Nukes: 17 (no change)

Anarchy: 91 (+3)

Blackwater's sides total:

Members: 206 (-2)

Strength: 533,036(-1,636)

Nukes: 71 (+7)

Anarchy: 32(+8)

what about those numbers seem remotely even? almost 40 more nations on BWs side. and more than double the NS. not to mention the number of nukes BW's side has vs NAAW's. sorry but i am not seeing anything remotely even about this....

now with GDA's entrance, NAAW's side has more nations, a slight edge in NS but BW still has more nukes. so that looks far more even than the above stats.

daddyAGW, You will receive no apology from neither myself nor the GDA. As you may know i like you guys and it does strike a sensitive spot to be in this situation im sorry it has come to all this but that is the only sorry. We wont apologize for for keeping our word. Because in this games and on the internet the only one true thing you have and can establish yourself by is your word and the pursuit to carry it out or its accuracy. So please understand this when i tell you that we wont apologize. After all wouldn't you expect someone to keep their word to you?

Hey, GDA dosent get added to the war stats because they arent in the war. they started their own little war on the side with LE. That does not put them in those stats. If they wanted to be added to those stats then they would have to DoW on the others like MASH, CDT, Blackwater and Genesis.

Hey, GDA dosent get added to the war stats because they arent in the war. they started their own little war on the side with LE. That does not put them in those stats. If they wanted to be added to those stats then they would have to DoW on the others like MASH, CDT, Blackwater and Genesis.

Attacking LE clearly supports and assists NAAW in this conflict. If GDA were truly interested in having their own little war with LE, well, they would have waited until this current conflict was over, wouldn't they?

Edited by Azhrarn

LAvsBA War

Little Alliance Vs Big Alliance War

How's that for this war's name? Other people will probably find better names though.

Anyways if GDA wanted real peace they would never have joined the war even if they have a treaty with NAAW. They would've said that if the war isn't resolved they would enter the war. They would pretty much do what the Roman Empire is doing currently. By doing so they could probably have isolated the war, and little by little reduced it and the result would have been them helping their alliance stopping the war and bringing peace.

On a side note I agree with some other points that Daddy points out.

Wars have different fronts, Different Theaters of Operations.

We are in the GDA vs LE Theater of operations of the NAAW vs Blackwater war (The Black theater).

Edited by Emperor Tiberius

Fantastic post, and I agree whole heartedly. To my knowledge leaders were speaking but *shrugs*

One quick question im confused about though:

After escalating the war, they asked you to post this, to prevent escalation? Maybe I'm reading wrong or something is miss-worded there.

Is that like denying peace then escalating it just to offer it ?

Is that like denying peace then escalating it just to offer it ?

Or like offering peace only because you know the hammer is falling?

We could go around and round. We already did. The facts are there. I'd rather not do it again. I was just looking for an answer to maybe if that was worded wrong or something