CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Its a perimeter. And given they are ICBMs or at least cruise missiles, you don't need a lot of them to make a perimeter

The issue isn't the ICBMs and cruise missiles, it's anti ship missiles and torpedoes, which it appears he claims to have a world wide range. Torpedoes have a lot shorter of a range, and hence their launchers have to be closer...

The issue isn't the ICBMs and cruise missiles, it's anti ship missiles and torpedoes, which it appears he claims to have a world wide range. Torpedoes have a lot shorter of a range, and hence their launchers have to be closer...

yeah, torpedoes have a max range of about 50km, so the launcher must be closer.

I was just looking at MV's database a short while ago, and he has the crawlers' missiles as having a 1000NM range. I'm not sure if that knowledge is public or not, I haven't finished reading all of his stuff yet, but if it is public then all the more reason to not want these things anywhere near your land. This is just like the Cuban Missile Crisis, only he is doing it to the entire world, and all at the same time. :P

I was just looking at MV's database a short while ago, and he has the crawlers' missiles as having a 1000NM range. I'm not sure if that knowledge is public or not, I haven't finished reading all of his stuff yet, but if it is public then all the more reason to not want these things anywhere near your land. This is just like the Cuban Missile Crisis, only he is doing it to the entire world, and all at the same time. :P

Basically one of these things sitting off the coast of New York could blast away St.Louis.

Maybe even Kansas City

Edited by Tahsir Re

However, a formal ruling on character killing in general needs to be done for the sake of players.
Killing characters is just unseemly and unnecessary. If it comes to that what happens when all our characters are dead? We will all be dead when there are no characters left.
Very Simply Put

Can I RP a Chinese Nation in India

Some say I can't. But shouldn't I be able to control my demographics?

Why not? For an in character solution place the Indians elsewhere, alternatively move more Chinese in (there’s enough chaos in Asia, why not?), or like Transvaal make the Chinese a favored (ruling) minority. If you’re not into the convoluted CNRP-ing just go with a Chinese India. Edited by Generalissimo

I have noticed use of percents such as with spying, is that 90% of every thing successfully discovered or 90% percent chance of successful operation?

And if the former, how do you decide what is kept hidden? And if the latter how do you do it? Roll a pair of dice and if the some is 2-10 its successful, 11 it failed and 12 re-roll?

I have noticed use of percents such as with spying, is that 90% of every thing successfully discovered or 90% percent chance of successful operation?

And if the former, how do you decide what is kept hidden? And if the latter how do you do it? Roll a pair of dice and if the some is 2-10 its successful, 11 it failed and 12 re-roll?

I recommend you don't decide this with a pair of dice, since the distribution of rolling each number is not even (for example, it's far less likely to roll a 11 than it is to roll a 7).

Try using a random number generator like random.org.

This is the link: http://random.org/integers/

Generate 1 number between 1 and 100.

Let's say your chances was 90%. If the number turns up between 1-90 inclusive, it works. From 91-100, it doesn't work.

Edited by XRCatD

Let it be known, that activity is measured in days, not how many posts you make. I dont have time to do that, but when I do, I will have multiple RPs running.

Sorry, but college, two jobs, a girlfriend and running my own alliance gets in the way of running daily CNRP "operations." I'll attempt to work on it.

Also Demut, the 90% chance is the chance of success on spying one thing. For the most part, just use common sense. If you're spying on 10 different headquarters of the enemy, then it should be treated as 10 separate spy attempts (so on average 1 of them will fail).

Something completely different:

I'm still confused about what GDP-formula we should use (if we actually want to calculate the GDP).

Maelstrom uses a weird one in comparison to the one of LVN and Sumer.

>>Average IG Daily Collection * 365

With that, he gets

>>The State of Dragonisia GDP: 1,095,000,000 Talons

>>The State of Cholan GDP: 1,700,000,000 Talons

>>The State of Indochina GDP: 1,079,068,480 Talons

and a total of >>Estimated Imperial GDP: 3,874,000,000 Talons

When I want to use that formula, I don't know if I should use the collection or the collection after subtracting bills.

>>For IRL Dollars * 1000

He also multiplies that by 1000, for whatever reason (I don't get that reason, really. Because according to the factbook: )

>>Estimated Currency Strength: 1.00 = 1.00 International Currency Units (Government mandated.)

Now, depending on what I use there - full collection, or collection with subtracted bills - I get either

>>Full: 5,407,801,361,100 which is 5 billion

>>Coll with subtr. bills: 2,899,703,733,350 or 2.9 billion.

With LVN/Sumer's formula, I get 467.69*105,594*36500 = 1,802,561,911,890 or 1.8 billion, which kind of makes a lot more sense to me than just multiplying by 1000.

Should I just use what I want? What of those does actually make the most sense?

emot-nyoron.gif

Tech Question:

I have the F-35 Lightning II Aircraft In-Game, but a little research shows an Initial Production Date of 2003, well beyond my Base Tech Year Before Treaties of 1984.

So my question is, which supercedes which in this case? Having them IG, or their RL Year of Production as it relates to my Tech Year Equivalent?

Tech Question:

I have the F-35 Lightning II Aircraft In-Game, but a little research shows an Initial Production Date of 2003, well beyond my Base Tech Year Before Treaties of 1984.

So my question is, which supercedes which in this case? Having them IG, or their RL Year of Production as it relates to my Tech Year Equivalent?

Tech year. The game has modern helicopters before WWII planes in the bomber list, or more concisely, admin has no good tech scale.