CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='LBT88' timestamp='1328675753' post='2916539']
Yeah, hasn't he seen what happened when Cochin thought RA was inactive past the 25-day limit? :P
[/quote]

Difference being some folks has a bit of a boner for getting into Cochin's pants for a little party.

Waffles on the other hand, not so much, a bit but not as nearly as much. Besides, everything ended well, Sud Italia is now another blissful Protectorate, which stinks coz that Sud Italia guy had some promise. I hope he comes back and sticks around for a while next time.

If I'm not mistaken it's also about where Sands wants to do some RP. I should contact him and see if he needs access to the area.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1328603726' post='2916047']
Axolotlia's actions are not grounds for a wipe, they're grounds for an IC 'You just invaded Sud Italia, prepare to face the consequences!'
[/quote]
You used to be right about this. However functionally speaking, you need to PM an active member (even a 25 dayer) to plan a war.

OK, Isaac, your F/A-37 Talons and BrahMos missiles both came from the Solar Kingdom. Since the Solar Kingdom fell, there has been no one to keep maintain those two. You need to have someone with the right amount of tech to help maintain them. Like I said, the Solar Kingdom cannot anymore, since it does not exist, so you cannot use either F/A-37 Talons or BrahMos missiles anymore.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1329083990' post='2919191']
IF he has the tech he can maintain them himself. Neither is particularly an advanced piece of machinery.
[/quote]
You're saying the fictional F/A-37 Talon from the crap movie [i]Stealth[/i] is not an advanced piece of machinery with its Pulse Detonation/Scramjet engines and Common Integrated Processor (a central "brain" capable of making damage assessments)? I suggest reading a bit deeper than coming to immediate conclusions.

I'm suggesting that if you don't have the in game tech to make something like that operational at that level, which nobody here does, no it is not. KK (who I believe has the lowest NS) can make an X-wing shaped aircraft, it still can't fly up to the Moon and destroy the Death Star.

Also, as you want it out of your thread, Isaac, what illegal immigrants are you talking about? I don't think Elrich, Lynneth or I ever tried to immigrate into your country, and there aren't many boats making it over the Atlantic like this. Can I assume that this is Gallifreyan propaganda?

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1329086222' post='2919216']
I thought Rota is in a worse shape. But well, I don't think Isaac has the tech for a better aircraft than 5th generation. Maybe he even is only 4th.
[/quote]

You should see me, my most advanced aircraft is from the early 70's, with most of my stuff hailing from the 50's and 60's.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1329085151' post='2919203']
I'm suggesting that if you don't have the in game tech to make something like that operational at that level, which nobody here does, no it is not. KK (who I believe has the lowest NS) can make an X-wing shaped aircraft, it still can't fly up to the Moon and destroy the Death Star.
[/quote]

Designs like the F/A-37 aren't really hard to build and to even fly. Certain technologies surrounding certain components would have to be replaced due to their more "advanced" nature. Certain technologies that exist even today in terms of stealth aircraft that been designed for 5th Generation aircraft like the F-22 were the influences of technology in stealth development during the 1980s incorporated on the F-117. Any proper aerospace engineer could say that a plane like the F/A-37 can be designed, but not because the tech doesn't exist, it's just expensive to build. Most of the things you take as "advanced" are just really improvements on existing technology, in which, engineers have refined the building process, made the production more cost-effective, and better materials science.

The only reasons why like aircraft like the F-22 should have been out in during the 1990s, is due to red tape, safety checks, building parts spread out in 46 different states and design changes. The ATF competition which spawned the F-22 started in 1981, with the final production model in 1997. From an engineering standpoint (in which my field of growing expertise is, plus knowledge from the engineering community here in Washington State (aka Boeing) and college engineering teachers). Most of the tech for fifth and the sixth generation aircraft is the improvement of existing aerospace technology and production processing with the knowledge of what has been built and engineers pushing the limits of such technology.

tl;dr: Technology isn't the problem in regards to making new planes. It's cost of materials, strength of the refined materials against external stresses, production techniques (if new), political red tape, and huge push for safety.

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1329108170' post='2919391']
tl;dr: Technology isn't the problem in regards to making new planes. It's cost of materials, strength of the refined materials against external stresses, production techniques (if new), political red tape, and huge push for safety.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that the Common Integrated Processor is a bit into the future even for today's technology, and a pulse detonation engine is still in development, with both not having much to do with red tape. The aerodynamic parts might be within our grasp, but the two parts I mentioned aren't.

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1329108170' post='2919391']
Designs like the F/A-37 aren't really hard to build and to even fly. Certain technologies surrounding certain components would have to be replaced due to their more "advanced" nature. Certain technologies that exist even today in terms of stealth aircraft that been designed for 5th Generation aircraft like the F-22 were the influences of technology in stealth development during the 1980s incorporated on the F-117. Any proper aerospace engineer could say that a plane like the F/A-37 can be designed, but not because the tech doesn't exist, it's just expensive to build. Most of the things you take as "advanced" are just really improvements on existing technology, in which, engineers have refined the building process, made the production more cost-effective, and better materials science.

The only reasons why like aircraft like the F-22 should have been out in during the 1990s, is due to red tape, safety checks, building parts spread out in 46 different states and design changes. The ATF competition which spawned the F-22 started in 1981, with the final production model in 1997. From an engineering standpoint (in which my field of growing expertise is, plus knowledge from the engineering community here in Washington State (aka Boeing) and college engineering teachers). Most of the tech for fifth and the sixth generation aircraft is the improvement of existing aerospace technology and production processing with the knowledge of what has been built and engineers pushing the limits of such technology.

[/quote]

CN RP tech isn't based on highly specialized conditions and low scale prototype building. It is based on whats mass producing available. Its simply not available today. My growing field of expertise is national security. As such I follow the current new ATF program and other nations capability. There simply isn't broad scale capability atm. If you can show me people actually do anticipate hypersonic with IR masking features then I'd be interested in seeing them. I haven't seen it.

Further the F-22 that would be available in the 90s wouldn't be the same plane. There is a lot of innovation that occured in the 2000s, 5th and 6 gen is a lot more than just the shaping.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1329112482' post='2919410']
I'm pretty sure that the Common Integrated Processor is a bit into the future even for today's technology, and a pulse detonation engine is still in development, with both not having much to do with red tape. The aerodynamic parts might be within our grasp, but the two parts I mentioned aren't.
[/quote]

Indeed, most of the upgrades that make 5th Gen, 5th Gen is software updates and upgraded processors, 4th Gen perfected what we know of the physical limits of materials and technologies like Fly-by-wire, etc. What really sets 5th Generation aircraft apart is that upgrades are through software updates, giving an F-22 unparalleled situational awareness. This is the limits of physical engineering, outside of tail less aircraft which is the next step. The only reason preventing this is the nature of Fly-by-wire technology depends on the computer controlling the feature and it being powerful enough to deal with all the calculations.

Mass production is only relative if the company IRL want to do so. I'm not advocating the F/A-37 in it's fictional state; however, I do advocate that the airframe is possible to be constructed. Mass production of most materials and construction techniques for the current generation of aircraft is pretty much the same as from the 1990's. Things like the PDE and CIP are still in development obviously. The pillars of stealth: shape, composite airframe, RAM, low visibility, reduced IR signature, and low internal RF emissions are pretty much common knowledge and for the most part easily engineered from the early-90s onward as costs lowered enough to be mass producible.

I'd question how stealthy something with that many moving parts is. Further I'd question how low emissions the radar is. Lastly I'd question how low IR emission the engines are, considering only one plane has the reduce IR capability, the F-22. The T-50, J-20, Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen, Super Hornet, Lightning II are all without or substantially less.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1329119897' post='2919450']
I'd question how stealthy something with that many moving parts is. Further I'd question how low emissions the radar is. Lastly I'd question how low IR emission the engines are, considering only one plane has the reduce IR capability, the F-22. The T-50, J-20, Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen, Super Hornet, Lightning II are all without or substantially less.
[/quote]

If your talking about an F/A-37, I assume you are. It's not my first choice to build a variable-swept wing design, it's probably not really stealthy when switching wing modes. The other key piece is materials used, if composite, it will be better. The radar in the F/A-37 depends on what the RP uses. And engine IR signature also depends on how the RPer develops said engine.

Like I said, before, I've stated what the requirements of stealth are for an airplane. For the most part, the F/A-37 has followed the rules. Some reworking is obviously needed to make it better, but the overall design is fine. The area beneath the cockpit may be weird aerodynamically, since I've never seen such a front end design before. Engineers at Northrop did design a plane similar, but never built it. See Northrop Switchblade.

If I had to work with an F/A-37 at my tech level, I would redesign the wings to be more triangle-shaped, fixed. Engines would be reworked to have exhaust out towards the top, much like an F-22. Round/jag out the bottom of the plane so that the area beneath the cockpit isn't so flat. It would have RAM, composite airframe of maybe 30% due to limitation of composite construction techniques during the 1990s.

Radar would vary depending on the person's tech, I mean for myself, I probably won't have "modern" ASEA, but an older form of it. I probably won't be changing frequencies as much (thus easier detection) along with passive radar for detecting others radar. As I said, when it's done, the F/A-37 won't be looking like the F/A-37 seen in the movies.

EDIT: A forward-swept swing wing design has many potential headaches to an aerospace engineer. Northrop Grumman is considered in expert in the field of innovative aircraft designs. The X-29 and F-14 are part of their handy work in this department.

I vouch against the forward-swept swing wing design due to added weight. It would take up valuable space for internal missile bays, since the mechanism for the wings need to be near the center of the aircraft for center of gravity. Also, forward-swept wings are suspect to "twisting" upward which is countered with added weight on the wings, as seen in flights of the X-29. I just think they would be too many structural stresses to the plane, especially the wing for practical flight in military operations. Half the time would be spent maintaining the planes.

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1329161311' post='2919610']
Could anyone tell me how to register for the cnrp channel on Mibbit please?
[/quote]
Here's the process for coldfront:

1. Be at the nick you want

2. /ns register PASSWORD EMAIL

3. Go to your email and follow directions.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1329161461' post='2919612']
Here's the process for coldfront:

1. Be at the nick you want

2. /ns register PASSWORD EMAIL

3. Go to your email and follow directions.
[/quote]

Thank you.

Kankou can you talk me through it please. What do you mean be at the nick I want and where do I type in part 2?

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1329365742' post='2921480']
Hm. Finally Africa goes to war. I am sorry I don't remember Subtle, but what is your nation again? I want to say it's in Africa but I'm not sure.
[/quote]
Hahah, no.

I'm not on any continent that, in the real world, is truly inhabited.