CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1326989848' post='2902882']
Applying economies are stupid. If people are actually creating storylines through conflict they shouldn't be penny pinching bullets. This is fiction after all. The sole problem is people RPing unrealistic military infrastructure (like say someone without a fall out shelter claiming the entire country has huge underground nuke proof tunnels). That is because that isn't reflected in game at all. We should never vote to restrict someones right to RP when there is absolutely zero reason to do so other than one player's political convenience. We need more activity not less.
[/quote]
I think someone hasn't been reading.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1326991341' post='2902891']
Well, I can agree with Triyun, altough I'll still not acknowledge it if anyone RP's a military without considering the economy. Because even if something isn't limited by ingame things, there should be a common sense rule.
[/quote]
What do you mean by this?

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1327000686' post='2902956']
What do you mean by this?
[/quote]
My nation is by no means an economic power. I have 1 export, and have never RPed increasing taxes or income or anything like that. If I suddenly spend tens of billions of dollars in a single go buying everything under the sun and never RP any negative effects from that, it would highly go against common sense.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1327001155' post='2902957']
My nation is by no means an economic power. I have 1 export, and have never RPed increasing taxes or income or anything like that. If I suddenly spend tens of billions of dollars in a single go buying everything under the sun and never RP any negative effects from that, it would highly go against common sense.
[/quote]
This.

Triyun, that is in essence what's being proposed. Not some rule we can bring down to hammer everyone...a guideline that can be used to curb the most ridiculous stuff. Your RP is fine, though you might want to RP some internal effects of your near-constant warfare. Not saying an economy collapse, far from it--in fact, it could be an economy boom--war is a big business, after all.

If you have already, I apologize for even bringing it up.

No. There are vastly more economically dubious policies people constantly enact here. Picking out on this one issue is solely politically motivated by those who are politically marginalized due to their own failures. Its both ridiculous and blatantly obvious.

Edited by Triyun

So, do we do any actual RP around here anymore, or just invite people over to sign treaties? Almost all of the threads on the front page are two people who have no reason to be having relations signing some defense treaty, and news threads. Now I remember why I quit.

[size=2]Triyun, I think you missed the part where he said he quit :P[/size]
[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1327189509' post='2904391']
So, do we do any actual RP around here anymore, or just invite people over to sign treaties? Almost all of the threads on the front page are two people who have no reason to be having relations signing some defense treaty, and news threads. [b][color="#ff0000"]Now I remember why I quit.[/color][/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1327176208' post='2904303']
S-1 Space Plane is reusable single stage to orbit space plane. An S-2 Carrier are larger space craft which can carry multiple probes.
[/quote]

Was hoping for a little more detail, like factbook or build links?