CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1301460110' post='2680443']
Attack helicopters in reasonable moderation is what I support. Already too many damn rules in CNRP.

More RP.. less blithering on the forums about needing more rules. Soon it's gonna be like playing the forum version of monopoly if we keep this tripe up.
[/quote]

This

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1301460110' post='2680443']
Attack helicopters in reasonable moderation is what I support. Already too many damn rules in CNRP.

More RP.. less blithering on the forums about needing more rules. Soon it's gonna be like playing the forum version of monopoly if we keep this tripe up.
[/quote]
Not this. Reason is dead in CNRP because people don't like to do a little math. Let me give you an example. Marscurian Siberia is the size of Taiwan, has a population of just over 1 million, and has never really experienced any major events that would call for major military stockpiling. However, nobody would complain if I developed a thousand cruise missiles, a few hundred helicopters, and a vast army of APCs to transport my 50,000 man army (because why shouldn't every soldier get a place to call his own), and so on and so forth. The fact of the matter is that "within reason" means nothing. When you have cruise missiles, attack helicopters, things that can turn the tide in a war, we really do need set forth rules. The vast majority of CNRPers are high school graduates or soon to be. I find no reason why we can't do some simple algebra to make things a little less stupid.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1301465431' post='2680505']
As in paint patterns? Or active-camo or something?
[/quote]
as in a pattern on a physical uniform

EDIT: simpler - Can i have digital camouflage even though I'm third world?

Edited by Chernarussia

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301466027' post='2680511']
as in a pattern on a physical uniform

EDIT: simpler - Can i have digital camouflage even though I'm third world?
[/quote]

Just keep in mind you are limited to cold war tech.... however for something as trivial as that, I'd be willing to waive it... its up to the community i guess.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1301462424' post='2680478']
The vast majority of CNRPers are high school graduates or soon to be. I find no reason why we can't do some simple algebra to make things a little less stupid.
[/quote]

The vast majority of CNRPers are also high school graduates or soon to be. I find no reason why we can't use a little common !@#$@#$ sense.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1301498259' post='2680661']
The vast majority of CNRPers are also high school graduates or soon to be. I find no reason why we can't use a little common !@#$@#$ sense.
[/quote]

For the record I finished School 3 years ago ;)

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1301456159' post='2680388']
I've been under the impression that attack helicopters are under the 'common sense' rule. Who has stated they were actually counted under IG aircraft numbers? If anything, (ie: if we must codify this) i'd accept some sort of multiplier on IG tanks.

Example: IC Attack Helicopters (Tank-killers, armed scouts etc etc) = 0.8 x IG tank numbers.

Why tanks? Because Helicopters (at least in my recollection) usually fall under the Army's usage.
[/quote]

Depends on the country. But I would agree with this formula as being a good one. This does not apply to other helicopters such as medical evac, transport, and such correct?

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1301512366' post='2680793']
Depends on the country. But I would agree with this formula as being a good one. This does not apply to other helicopters such as medical evac, transport, and such correct?
[/quote]

I'd say this number would be similar to the current convention with aircraft - if it has something that can actively shoot at something else, then it would need to be accounted for. Now, would a Huey with an M-60 door mount count? Not really, I'd surmise. Would people be allowed to field entire air wings of these Huey's as ghetto gunships? No.

Repeating...

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1301452825' post='2680355']
Am I allow to RP ten squadrons of ultra-small/short range dumb UAVs (programmed to fly a preset flight path) with extremely basic equipments as one IG aircraft instead of 10 IG aircraft? I seriously doubt an aircraft that cost about $10,000 per unit would be as same as an aircraft that cost over $100 million per unit.
[/quote]

To get an idea of how cheap the aircraft would be, their on-board computers would consist of late 1990's and early 2000's computer systems, consisting processors such as Pentium II/III and Duron/Athlon XP/MP processors or any other cheap processors. Their skin would consist of low quality cast iron, aluminum, plastic, or iron mixed with slag. The engines would only have about 60 to 180 of operating hours before needing service or replacement. Flight control systems would be cheap and crappy at best, the aircraft would fly very erratically though still capable of flying through severe storms without being knocked out of the sky. There will also be minimal sensors as there's no need due to their lack of ability to change courses. Stealth is non-existent.

They are expected to be easily mass produced with minimal costs and to be disposable.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301498520' post='2680664']
For the record I finished School 3 years ago ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1301498755' post='2680666']
I am a 25 yr old engineer, :P
[/quote]
[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1301503583' post='2680707']
I'm 20, in college, and am a research assistant in a lab. :)
[/quote]
[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1301509751' post='2680769']
I'm a 23 year old Masters student studying Electronics and Software Engineering :)
[/quote]
And I'm a senior in college who got a 790 on my GRE in math. There is no reason we can't spend 12 seconds doing one calculation to see how many damn helicopters we get.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1301519865' post='2680869']
And I'm a senior in college who got a 790 on my GRE in math. There is no reason we can't spend 12 seconds doing one calculation to see how many damn helicopters we get.
[/quote]

But... what if we are math retarded?! D=

God forbid we need to get out a calculator which does a bunch of buttony things to solve all of my mathematical needs!

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1301520383' post='2680873']
But... what if we are math retarded?! D=

God forbid we need to get out a calculator which does a bunch of buttony things to solve all of my mathematical needs!
[/quote]
Someone should program a calculator for CNRP.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301513192' post='2680805']
It was ruled by one of the previous GMs(I think Sargun but not sure). But I'm all for putting it under a common sense rule.
[/quote]

Even if I didn't rule on something, in general I'm good at remembering most past GM rulings anyway. What's the problem?

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1301528895' post='2680959']
Even if I didn't rule on something, in general I'm good at remembering most past GM rulings anyway. What's the problem?
[/quote]

The current issue is in what category attack helicopters are counted and/or should be counted.