CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shatner' timestamp='1298957094' post='2647638']
[b]How would a conventional strike warrant a nuclear reprisal? [/b]In addition, whether he does or not, what's the point of posting that here?
[/quote]

You have pretty much answered the second question by issuing your first question. If you mean to tell me during the Cold war, or even in these times, Detection of a Russian [i]conventional[/i] ICBM barrage wouldn't elicit a nuclear American or NATO nuclear barrage, or at least have the strong chance of such a reprisal, then think of my reasons as being a public service announcement to CNRP.

EDIT: Detection of a Russian....

Edited by Executive Minister

This is a little different considering my nation does not nor has ever had nuclear weapons. Yes he could nuke me, but if we are operating on an assumption basis for IC based on real life politics, he could expect a massive backlash for nuking a non-nuclear state.

[quote name='Shatner' timestamp='1298957576' post='2647661']
This is a little different considering my nation does not nor has ever had nuclear weapons. Yes he could nuke me, but if we are operating on an assumption basis for IC based on real life politics, he could expect a massive backlash for nuking a non-nuclear state.
[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1298957366' post='2647649']
then think of my reasons as being a public service announcement to CNRP.

[/quote]

so essentially you're hoping someone will use your OOC broadcast to influence their IC actions

Well done, sir.

He's just offering...a different perspective.

By the way, there's no way of knowing if the missiles have nuclear warheads while they're in flight, he would be justified in retaliating if he does so before they hit. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

I want to compliment Cochin on the work of detailing his IC defenses. It is remarkable and I'm amazed he has enough time in the day to come up with some of the content he does, especially in detailing his radar and sonar grids to such great levels of detail. Truly remarkable.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1298960396' post='2647737']
He's just offering...a different perspective.

By the way, there's no way of knowing if the missiles have nuclear warheads while they're in flight, he would be justified in retaliating if he does so before they hit. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.
[/quote]

We should listen to this man, for he is wise.

ICBMs CAN carry nuclear missiles, and that would be enough reason, for my nation at least, to launch nukes back. Of course, Harland is also trigger happy.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299012387' post='2648447']
Of course, I don't HAVE nukes as I never RP'd the construction of more than two, both of which have already exploded. One in a test, and one 100 leagues beneath the sea.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure nukes fall under the hallowed IG=RP clause.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1299012876' post='2648460']OOC: Fizzy you need to respond to the following attacks:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99257&view=findpost&p=2647448
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99257&view=findpost&p=2647478
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99257&view=findpost&p=2647460
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99257&view=findpost&p=2648023

If you are not going to respond to our attacks please let us know.[/quote]Please give the man some time to reply, until then you're just cluttering the thread with OOC. I'm fighting a war with Yawoo and I don't consistently bother that player with OOC spam in his thread when I want an update. Please try to keep this sort of conversation restricted to appropriate Out of Character threads or our forum messenger.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299014248' post='2648497']
War against absurdly stronger opponents is more fun when you just fight with words.
[/quote]

The best part is when they rage or if you ask them what is the cause of the war.

You usually get this response:
[img]http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/083/073/original/1289839513909.png?1289839679[/img]

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299014248' post='2648497']
War against absurdly stronger opponents is more fun when you just fight with words.
[/quote]

I, on the other hand, find the potential of RPing my military fighting against a vastly stronger opponent fun, since you could go wild depicting the amount of dread on my soldiers as they face off against a technologically and numerically superior foe.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299015172' post='2648533']
Check again and learn to read. I replied.
[/quote]

As far as I'm concerned what you said could apply to future actions, not present ones. My statement still stands. If you intend to stop at any time in the future I will continue with my threat.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1299016178' post='2648561']
As far as I'm concerned what you said could apply to future actions, not present ones. My statement still stands. If you intend to stop at any time in the future I will continue with my threat.
[/quote]

Aww Sargun is thinking he has GM powers in CNRP Again. How cute :wub: