CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='03 July 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1278203286' post='2359135']
How else are you going to send an army through the mountains? On camel?
[/quote]
I see...

Lets see, all we need is a big gaping hole in a elephant's head from a .50 caliber bullet, an AT mine, or other explosives. To inflict chaos, MDS would cause the elephants to lose control and tip over, crushing anyone who was in the way, bear traps would drive it insane, anti-infantry mines would cripple an elephant, getting hit with bullets and explosives in non-critical parts, and loud noise.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='03 July 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1278213694' post='2359222']
I see...

Lets see, all we need is a big gaping hole in a elephant's head from a .50 caliber bullet, an AT mine, or other explosives. To inflict chaos, MDS would cause the elephants to lose control and tip over, crushing anyone who was in the way, bear traps would drive it insane, anti-infantry mines would cripple an elephant, getting hit with bullets and explosives in non-critical parts, and loud noise.
[/quote]
You're going to shoot a poor, harmless zoo escapee? ANIMAL CRUELTY!

The point is it would learn about your defenses regardless of how you killed it. :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='05 July 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1278352577' post='2360373']
You're going to shoot a poor, harmless zoo escapee? ANIMAL CRUELTY!
[/quote]
If there is someone hitching a ride on it, suspected of spying, and refuses orders to leave, then the person will be considered a spy. Under GLP's military laws, that allows them to arrest the spy under any means without harming innocent lives or causing excessive damages.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='05 July 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1278363911' post='2360480']
If there is someone hitching a ride on it, suspected of spying, and refuses orders to leave, then the person will be considered a spy. Under GLP's military laws, that allows them to arrest the spy under any means without harming innocent lives or causing excessive damages.
[/quote]
[quote name='Vedran' date='05 July 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1278368415' post='2360520']
Approaching your mountain fortresses riding an elephant doesn't seem quite like how a spy would infiltrate a country, unless he wanted to infiltrate the loony bin.
[/quote]
This...and this is assuming the elaphant even [i]has[/i] a rider... :P

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='05 July 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1278372518' post='2360557']
Does anyone who has territory in North America willing to allow me to try out a crime based RP in one of their cities? I am planning out the RP now but don't have a location for it.
[/quote]
Mael has the open RP policy, remember?

[quote name='Vedran' date='05 July 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1278368415' post='2360520']
Approaching your mountain fortresses riding an elephant doesn't seem quite like how a spy would infiltrate a country, unless he wanted to infiltrate the loony bin.
[/quote]

It's not a spy; it's an invasion force. If HHAYD is building defenses in the Rockie Mountains he's obviously expecting either an army led by a mental patient or elephants. It's basic military strategy.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='05 July 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1278373591' post='2360566']
It's not a spy; it's an invasion force. If HHAYD is building defenses in the Rockie Mountains he's obviously expecting either an army led by a mental patient or elephants. It's basic military strategy.
[/quote]
Maybe he thinks he's the Romans facing the Carthaginians. :P

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='05 July 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1278372518' post='2360557']
Does anyone who has territory in North America willing to allow me to try out a crime based RP in one of their cities? I am planning out the RP now but don't have a location for it.
[/quote]

Send me a message about it. Manhattan is obviously a city perfect for this type of thing... though Mael does have Chicago.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='05 July 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1278376172' post='2360595']
Maybe he thinks he's the Romans facing the Carthaginians. :P
[/quote]
The Romans lacked tanks and other modern tech stuff, nor were they fighting a defensive war (until their empire is falling apart). In my case, I plan on fighting defensive war whenever I meet a tougher enemy unless if there is a chance to counter-invade.:v:
[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='05 July 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1278373591' post='2360566']
[/quote]
ICly, I am expecting the enemy to be logical and hurl lots of aircraft, missiles, artillery, snipers, light vehicles, and infantry. If the enemy was to deploy elephants, my defending army would be surprised and laughing at the same time.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='05 July 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1278385707' post='2360727']
I don't know. If I had a border on the Canadian Rockies, I just might be surprised and laughing if anyone thought of sending over what you seem to be expecting.
[/quote]
Aircraft and helicopters: They can fly over mountains, duh.

Infantry: Much slower, but they can climb through the rugged terrain. Snipers love area with large amount of cover, and the mountainous region has lots of rocky cover.

Light vehicles: Harder to transport though they do boost movement IF the paths aren't rigged with enough explosives to wipe it out or protected by enemies. Heavy transport helicopters can be used to move the light vehicles.

Artillery: Same transportation problems as the light vehicles but camp enough on mountain tops and those 120mm artillery guns soon end up with much longer range, very nasty for the enemies.

Missiles: Missile (ICBM, AA, AT, anti-infantry, bunker buster, incendiary, and other types) spamming is a legit tactic. The mountains aren't going to stop them from flying over and hitting something.

Damn, if only Tahoe knew how much of a cake walk sending an invading army over the Canadian Rockies would be before you lined it with bear traps. !@#$, they could have just placed artillery all over those mountain tops and be lobbing shells halfway to Saskatoon as I type this.

There's another idea, EM. Suspend paint cans over every staircase in the border installations. If the bases are compromised, you can use the paint cans to delay invading troops while the defenders call in reinforcements or evacuate.

Edited by Vedran

[quote name='Vedran' date='06 July 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1278440847' post='2361282']
There's another idea, EM. Suspend paint cans over every staircase in the border installations. If the bases are compromised, you can use the paint cans to delay invading troops while the defenders call in reinforcements or evacuate.
[/quote]
Don't forget to wire car batteries under the lawn chairs, just in case they sit down!

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='06 July 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1278442218' post='2361296']
Don't forget to wire car batteries under the lawn chairs, just in case they sit down!
[/quote]

If its cold, spray water on the stairs leading to your base, they wont be able to get in the door!

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='06 July 2010 - 05:09 AM' timestamp='1278418131' post='2361039']
Bear traps... honestly this isn't Home Alone man.
[/quote]
[quote name='Vedran' date='06 July 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1278440847' post='2361282']
[/quote]
[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='06 July 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1278442218' post='2361296']
[/quote]
[quote name='The Flying Scotsman' date='06 July 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1278442381' post='2361298']
If its cold, spray water on the stairs leading to your base, they wont be able to get in the door!
[/quote]
...and be sure to paint the steps with tar so they have to remove their shoes and socks...to step on the rusty nail you left lying there... :P