CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average depth of the Atlantic Ocean is around 13,000 feet. You said you already planted 5 bombs. Where are you going to get 50,000 feet of chains assuming you're using 1 chain per bomb?

Well, the ones placed now aren't in the deepest areas, so it's a lot less chain, not to mention, the bombs would be deep enough that you couldn't see them from the surface. Chain will be a problem as I RP the development further, and you bet I'll have a few pop, and break as they're being placed :awesome:

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Your map shows that they're placed near where the Mid-Atlantic range begins to rise. The depth there is right around the average depth for the Atlantic Ocean. Also, how deep are you placing them? 3,000 feet (which would require 10,000 feet of chains) is fairly deep.

Edited by Raritan

Your map shows that they're placed near where the Mid-Atlantic range begins to rise. The depth there is right around the average depth for the Atlantic Ocean. Also, how deep are you placing them? 3,000 feet (which would require 10,000 feet of chains) is fairly deep.

True, hence why I'm going to do a nice long RP about building it, and failing. These ones are going to be much more simple, and not going to be around for the final array. I'm going to RP a load of fail as I get this thing built :lol:

Considering you have people building Rope, to go a further distance, and to serve as a placement for a Space Elevator, I think he is fine.

The difference: I have well over 3k tech and am using carbon nanotube-stuffs (modified a bit through RP to make them better). But still, the length of the space elevator cable is big.

Not to mention we're taking RL weeks and weeks of time to build the damn thing..

I think I started that damn thing in November...

Yeah, I made the thread on November 24th. And I RPd the cable and some other stuff well before that. So the entire thing's been going for easily 6 weeks.

And the space station *still* isn't 25% finished.

The space station doesn't quite have the same military implications that these underwater doodads seem to have either. I'm sure you could arm this space station, but who in their right mind would take the risk of having the cable severed? Think of the absolute destruction that would occur by having 300 miles or more of cable plummeting to the earth?

Ouch..

not pretty..

I'd say that would be a nation killer if not a continent screwer upper.

The space station doesn't quite have the same military implications that these underwater doodads seem to have either. I'm sure you could arm this space station, but who in their right mind would take the risk of having the cable severed? Think of the absolute destruction that would occur by having 300 miles or more of cable plummeting to the earth?

Ouch..

not pretty..

If you cut the cable the momentum would launch the entire elevator into space. The outer edge is bigger and moving faster than the rest of the elevator, hence it will keep moving, and so fqast that it can break the pull of earth's gravity :P

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Ouch..

not pretty..

OOC: The cables would burn up as they fall, but if they are designed to be ultra strong and fire resisted...

Ouch..

not pretty..

The entire cable is actually long enough to fit 2.5 times around the equator - 100,000 kilometers. However, most would burn up in the atmosphere.