CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1298263129' post='2640219']
Normally RPers around here would spam CMs until the wall topples over and toss in air support to mop up any leftovers, but brownie points for whoever uses medieval tactics.
[/quote]
What have I ever done to make you assume I was normal?

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' timestamp='1298264082' post='2640239']
I also hope you realize that there is a thing called aeroplanes that makes walls highly useless.

[b]Build a wall high enough to keep out airplanes and I'll be impressed.[/b] Until then, people would just make the inside of the walled off area turn into dust and ignore the wall.
[/quote]
I will make this a priority. It will take four RL years to complete, will have missile and radar stations hidden in every outpost, it will be NIGH UNSTOPPABLE.

(until some !@#$% comes in with the nukes).

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298263408' post='2640223']
It would take a ton of air support and CMs to knock down [b]a mile thick 5 story wall[/b].You'd have to work from the edges inward, anything else would just put craters on the top.
[/quote]

a mile thick? really? :huh:

If its 1 mile thick you would just land heliborne troops on it

Edited by Chernarussia

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1298296745' post='2640589']
A canal.
One mile thick about 50 meters deep
[/quote]

Such a canal would not be difficult at all. I myself have Rpd construction of a shipping channel into the rocky terrain of [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=63423"]Balochistan[/url]which is 12 kms long, 500 mts wide and 250 mts deep. Building such a canal is only excavation and reinforcing.

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1298272265' post='2640392']
a mile thick? really? :huh:

If its 1 mile thick you would just land heliborne troops on it
[/quote]

Of course, the mobile anti air I have there would knock those out. Assuming I still have an air force by then, any bombers and fighters will be intercepted to protect the city. I also have plans for placing a nuclear missile silo underneath a "public park." In times of emergency, it will have on missile ready to go. Of course, any citizens stupid enough to be jumping around in the park or anywhere nearby will be obliterated or deafened, but its a price to pay.

Of course, other than cochin, if any wants to assist in building this... :3

Anyway, you would have to be a joykill to just blow it up. We all know medieval sieges are much more fun. :awesome:

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298306160' post='2640667']
Of course, the mobile anti air I have there would knock those out. Assuming I still have an air force by then, any bombers and fighters will be intercepted to protect the city. I also have plans for placing a nuclear missile silo underneath a "public park." In times of emergency, it will have on missile ready to go. Of course, any citizens stupid enough to be jumping around in the park or anywhere nearby will be obliterated or deafened, but its a price to pay.

Anyway, you would have to be a joykill to just blow it up. We all know medieval sieges are much more fun. :awesome:
[/quote]

The defenses you are saying using the mobile anti air and the bombers/fighters is actually applicable without this gargantuan wall itself. Also nuclear missile on a public park? Why? Wont it be much easier to have a camouflaged missile launcher hid inside some random building? If I would be attacking your wall, I would first engage your wall mounted (LOL) defense systems first and then use your own wall against you. The high wall would also prevent limit the angle of attack for your own defense forces on lower ground if at all my forces are stationed on top of the wall or beyond enabling to shoot and scoot using the wall as an effective cover!

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298306750' post='2640675']
I was planning for some random building, but I didn't think of it to be very practical. Of course, I could always try.
[/quote]

Dont worry about the defense aspects, mate! Have fun building it.

A canal could make a battle great scene, plus it can't collapse and wipe out the entire city.

Of course, they could just fly over it, but if I put anti air on the other side there's nothing they can do nuless they wip it out, and even then I can just keep my AA moving constantly.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298308634' post='2640716']
A canal could make a battle great scene, plus it can't collapse and wipe out the entire city.

Of course, they could just fly over it, but if I put anti air on the other side there's nothing they can do nuless they wip it out, and even then I can just keep my AA moving constantly.
[/quote]

Or they just keep firing hypersonic cruise missiles until your people beg to come out.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298313127' post='2640777']
Hmm, well, since Abidjan is (much) more commercial than industrial, attacking it with biological weapons not only kills the chance of you making it in there, but kills many more civilians than soldiers. Not a very good idea.
[/quote]
There are some people who ICly don't give a darn about other countries' civilians. They don't care if they level the entire world (except for their allies) as long as they win the war.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298310979' post='2640751']
Of course they could. But eventually you run out of cruise missiles, right?

After 9/10 of the city has been leveled we'll finally be safe from those darn missiles.
[/quote]

Not before the city is utterly destroyed. At which point dropping paratroopers is a lot easier.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1298306160' post='2640667']

[/quote]

Fair enough, and yes medieval tactics would be sweet :awesome: