CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='25 January 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1264458868' post='2129173']
I don't like all of the white, it hurts my eyes. >__<

The internet isn't paper, cool blues and soothing grays work better for online.
[/quote]

I could show you the skin I made for a friend's rp site, it's got grey and blue.

What is everyone's opinion on having gods or spirits in CNRP? I personally view it as absurd and that it should remain non-canon. Canon, I believe, is something that everyone can agree on, and thus something that only a group of people accepts, such as having a real god or zombies or vampires, is non-canon.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='11 February 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1265868866' post='2174174']
What is everyone's opinion on having gods or spirits in CNRP? I personally view it as absurd and that it should remain non-canon. Canon, I believe, is something that everyone can agree on, and thus something that only a group of people accepts, such as having a real god or zombies or vampires, is non-canon.
[/quote]

Ah Baron nice to see you are fully ready to ruin other people's roleplays even though they have zero, I repeat zero effect on you. I do hope you enjoy ruining other people's fun when there is no need for it.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='10 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1265869046' post='2174179']
Ah Baron nice to see you are fully ready to ruin other people's roleplays even though they have zero, I repeat zero effect on you. I do hope you enjoy ruining other people's fun when there is no need for it.
[/quote]
I'm against it being called canon. I don't care if you call it [b]non-canon[/b] like everyone else is doing with their supernatural RP's, but I refuse to have supernatural gods, spirits, and other such hogwash forced into CNRP canon. It's absurd to claim that one RP with supernatural elements is canon while another is not.

I'm not stopping anyone from Rping, I'm trying to stop things like Thor climbing down from the heavens and speaking to John Stewart in an interview from becoming canon.

It's the principle of the matter, if we allow gods to become canon, what's to stop me from having Zuul becoming my president and invading Norway with the Staypuft Marshmellow man?

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='11 February 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1265869215' post='2174181']
I'm against it being called canon. I don't care if you call it [b]non-canon[/b] like everyone else is doing with their supernatural RP's, but I refuse to have supernatural gods, spirits, and other such hogwash forced into CNRP canon. It's absurd to claim that one RP with supernatural elements is canon while another is not.

I'm not stopping anyone from Rping, I'm trying to stop things like Thor climbing down from the heavens and speaking to John Stewart in an interview from becoming canon.
[/quote]

And what gives you the right to decide that? I mean we had the Diberian zombie stuff but you didn't complain back then? I mean make up your mind decide whether you are going to complain about everything or nothing.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='10 February 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1265869366' post='2174185']
And what gives you the right to decide that? I mean we had the Diberian zombie stuff but you didn't complain back then? I mean make up your mind decide whether you are going to complain about everything or nothing.
[/quote]
I've never recognized any zombies in CNRP, as far as i'm concerned that entire thing was non-canon. I didn't complain about it back then because honestly I didn't pay attention to South America.

What gives you the right to claim that your authority trumps others and that your supernatural gods and spirits trump other people's supernatural RP? Why does yours get the right to be canon? What's wrong with making it non-canon, like everyone else when they do a supernatural/absurd RP?

Canon is the entire community, not a slice of it agreeing that suddenly god exists and talks to them. Unless you get the entire community to agree on it, it isn't canon.

Let's not forget the mod ruling that only human characters are allowed. Give me a few days and I can go back and find it. It's been a rule of the CN Rp forums for quite some time.

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='11 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1265869542' post='2174187']
I've never recognized any zombies in CNRP, as far as i'm concerned that entire thing was non-canon. I didn't complain about it back then because honestly I didn't pay attention to South America.

What gives you the right to claim that your authority trumps others and that your supernatural gods and spirits trump other people's supernatural RP? Why does yours get the right to be canon? What's wrong with making it non-canon, like everyone else when they do a supernatural/absurd RP?

Canon is the entire community, not a slice of it agreeing that suddenly god exists and talks to them. Unless you get the entire community to agree on it, it isn't canon.

Let's not forget the mod ruling that only human characters are allowed. Give me a few days and I can go back and find it. It's been a rule of the CN Rp forums for quite some time.
[/quote]

Becuase saying something isn't canon means that it didn't happened and that whoever, wants to make such an RP has to do so in their own world different to everyone else and that could cause any number of problems. However, putting that a side lets look at another thing.

1) Lynneth's robot leader/AI person thing. After a few comments and such I had no problem with it and accepted as happening and being canon but if we are going to go by your idea then I guess it will have to be non-canon as there is no working prototype or anything to show it could exsist except in stories and fiction.

Are you saying that lynneth's work is all non canon and that IC he no longer has a leader for his nation?

Quite frankly Uberstein if you want the community to remain dead, you can continue to hold like a stickler to your archaic, useless, and widely misinterpreted rules that does little but inhibit the creativity of the community. There are ways of being fair without being iron-fisted.

While I agree there is a need for a context. You do not dictate what is real and what is not. I believe in a God that very well could in reality come down and smite you at his choosing; he just doesn't and hasn't yet. Are you saying your belief trumps mine?

I also do not believe this God is "magical" like some unicorn Princess. I believe he defined the universe and knows how it works far better inside and out than any person could possibly come to understand. That isn't magic, that's technology that is misconstrued as magic. Knowledge.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='10 February 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1265869841' post='2174194']
Becuase saying something isn't canon means that it didn't happened and that whoever, wants to make such an RP has to do so in their own world different to everyone else and that could cause any number of problems. However, putting that a side lets look at another thing.

1) Lynneth's robot leader/AI person thing. After a few comments and such I had no problem with it and accepted as happening and being canon but if we are going to go by your idea then I guess it will have to be non-canon as there is no working prototype or anything to show it could exsist except in stories and fiction.

Are you saying that lynneth's work is all non canon and that IC he no longer has a leader for his nation?
[/quote]
Actually is a large amount of progress going towards much more intelligent computers, including meat-computers that can currently draw and other such things.

Add in Lynneth's technology and it's plausible, though I would have been happier had he put a bit more RP into developing the computer stuff. (If he did and I missed it, sorry)

But spirits, gods, werewolves, vampires, all that supernatural stuff falls directly into non-canon, UNLESS you get the ENTIRE community to accept it.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='10 February 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1265869960' post='2174196']
Quite frankly Uberstein if you want the community to remain dead, you can continue to hold like a stickler to your archaic and useless rules that does little but inhibit the creativity of the community. There are ways of being fair without being iron-fisted.

While I agree there is a need for a context. You do not dictate what is real and what is not. I believe in a God that very well could in reality come down and smite you at his choosing; he just doesn't and hasn't yet. Are you saying your belief trumps mine?
[/quote]
I'm saying it's non-canon unless the community as a whole approves it. There is a reason werewolves and vampires are non-canon. Why should gods get to be canon?

And the community has been doing quite well without spirits and magic, infact, the majority of RP'd are without it. I'm not against creativity, but there is a difference between CNRP and Dragons-Gods-Werewolves Happy Hour. I'm perfectly fine with you RPing whatever you want, but don't call it CNRP canon when it is supernatural and only a part of the community agreeing with it.

EDIT: I'm going to bed, night all.

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='11 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1265870042' post='2174199']
Actually is a large amount of progress going towards much more intelligent computers, including meat-computers that can currently draw and other such things.

Add in Lynneth's technology and it's plausible, though I would have been happier had he put a bit more RP into developing the computer stuff. (If he did and I missed it, sorry)

But spirits, gods, werewolves, vampires, all that supernatural stuff falls directly into non-canon, UNLESS you get the ENTIRE community to accept it.
[/quote]

Okay taking in the fact that we may have basic computers, and lynneth's technology it is still only possible who knows what problems or glitches might pop up. However, as you said earlier if there is a rule meaning their only has to be human characters then his RP has to be non-canon as his leader is a robot/AI not a human being.

"Because there is a real God."

Whoa whoa whoa! While I agree that there is a higher power, I also agree that CNRP Canon is things that only everyone can agree on, and really, 'Gods and Spirits being real' isn't something everyone can agree on.

Edit - Don't bring your god down upon us. That's forcing beliefs upon others, and it's what you're accusing Baron of doing... Hypocrisy much?

Edited by Arynar Ventys

[quote name='Arynar Ventys' date='11 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1265870338' post='2174210']
"Because there is a real God."

Whoa whoa whoa! While I agree that there is a higher power, I also agree that CNRP Canon is things that only everyone can agree on, and really, 'Gods and Spirits being real' isn't something everyone can agree on.

Edit - Don't bring your god down upon us. That's forcing beliefs upon others, and it's what you're accusing Baron of doing... Hypocrisy much?
[/quote]

So if I said and believed that Finland didn't exsist and it was made up being nothing more than a fairy tale then it doesn't exsist and thus Uberstein doesnt exsist.

He was never saying that you couldn't RP it. He was merely stating that he didn't want it being canon, meaning he didn't want it to affect the real CNRP. non-canon is like it's own little branch of reality, like you are trying to do here. By all means, go ahead and do that, just don't call it canon, because it's not something we can all agree on.

Give us some form of tech that is supported by the tech level of your nation, then we might consider it. Otherwise, don't call it canon.

Also : Kevin, what the hell? Why are you trying to be hostile with me? I'm not saying that he doesn't exist and you can't either, because it's canon, he does exist. He made his DoE, he's on the map. That's canon. What you're doing is disputed as to whether it's canon or not, and since not everyone can agree that it's canon it would be best to call it non-canon until it's resolved.

Sure, I built a Great Temple. I'm exploiting its benefits by having a cult and coming back as Patron Deity of my state having no more or no less than the powers of the state itself as it is embodied on Bob.

Tech is not necessary, I have the RP basis and a wonder to support it.

There is my justification. That is why it is acceptable as canon.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='10 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1265870709' post='2174217']
Sure, I built a Great Temple. I'm exploiting its benefits by having a cult and coming back as Patron Deity of my state having no more or no less than the powers of the state itself as it is embodied on Bob.

Tech is not necessary, I have the RP basis and a wonder to support it.
[/quote]

Great temple does not equal Gods and Spirits existing. Great Temple equals 'I have a religion, and my people believe in that religion.' Religion is a belief, which allows you to percieve things a certain way. That doesn't mean that said perception is the true reality.

[quote name='Arynar Ventys' date='11 February 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1265870639' post='2174216']
He was never saying that you couldn't RP it. He was merely stating that he didn't want it being canon, meaning he didn't want it to affect the real CNRP. non-canon is like it's own little branch of reality, like you are trying to do here. By all means, go ahead and do that, just don't call it canon, because it's not something we can all agree on.

Give us some form of tech that is supported by the tech level of your nation, then we might consider it. Otherwise, don't call it canon.

Also : Kevin, what the hell? Why are you trying to be hostile with me? I'm not saying that he doesn't exist and you can't either, because it's canon, he does exist. He made his DoE, he's on the map. That's canon. What you're doing is disputed as to whether it's canon or not, and since not everyone can agree that it's canon it would be best to call it non-canon until it's resolved.
[/quote]

Im not being hsotile with you or id be swearing and shouting. What I was trying to say was that just because someone doesnt believe some thing exsists doesnt mean it doesnt. Maybe God doesnt exsist or maybe he does but becuase we dont know for sure there is nothing to stop someone rping it if it only involves them or the people they are rping with.