Building into space

Lynneth

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All construction is paused - but any attack on this project or any Saborian troops or civilians in the region is a declaration of war on the Republic.

Promised Land also endorses this statement as its own. Regardless of conflict, this project will be for the benefit of ALL mankind. As such attack on ANYONE in the area helping in any way with the project will be met with full retaliation in kind.

• 2 weeks later...

As we no longer are at war, construction has been resumed. The space station was at 9% completion 24 hours before the war and will now continue.

Most of the ground-based facilities had been finished even before the war, but the rest will soon be done.

U.R.P.R. continued producing cable and now has a stockpile 200,000 km long

OOC: Sorry, but no, you don't. The total we need is 5 times 100,000, and the last time I announced the amount of cable, we had a *total* of 5 times 23,000 km, which is 115,000 km in total. You couldn't possibly produce that much cable in that time.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Sorry, but no, you don't. The total we need is 5 times 100,000, and the last time I announced the amount of cable, we had a *total* of 5 times 23,000 km, which is 115,000 km in total. You couldn't possibly produce that much cable in that time.

ooc: extra zero my bad.

Oversight has allowed the Imperial stockpiles of cable to exceed 2,400 Kilometers. We would like to inquire as to the existence of any available transports; our own are completely dedicated to our quarantine down south.

We will send a few transports, but they will unfortunately be unable to take more than 400 kilometers with them, as most ships are currently on the was to the U.R.P.R.

Once they're back from there, we will send additional transports.

We would like to announce that the space station has reached 23% of completion. In theory, the first experiments could be run on it, though the scientists would have to be brought by shuttle.

76,000 kilometers of cable are done. 24,000 kilometers still have to be made.

Hella expensive to build

Hella expensive to maintain

You would have to keep this thing up for atleast a 100 years to get any kind of a profit.

I wonder why anyone would consider building this to begin with.

(not even mentioning the risks involved)

Scientific research, it will be very useful, and it is open for the international community.

• 4 weeks later...

Though we haven't reported for quite some time, construction and production have continued.

The cable is finished; 100,000 kilometers of 100,000 kilometers are available. Production of the cables will continue in the case that parts are damaged.

The space station itself has reached 51% completion. It can already be seen with an amateur telescope, currently hovering right above the equator at zero degrees north/south and zero degrees east/west.

Once again we thank all nations who have contributed; Without you, this project wouldn't have been possible.

OOC:zero degrees N/S, zero degrees E/W is off the coast of Africa, in some very deep Atlantic water.

IC:The nation of Altea exresses its intrest in this project, and offers any service it can to help wtih the completion of the space station.

We do, however, have a question: Have you manufactured the cars for the elevator yet? If not, Desator Industries would be glad to manufacture them.

Edited by Arkantos

The Dragon Empire is also a major raw materials provider with the abundance of mineral resources in Tasmania. (ooc: IRL 6th largest mineral deposits in the world). If we can get permission to use the elevator on the schedule for our research projects also, we would be happy to contribute anything Saboria needs to this purpose.

The Dragon Empire is also a major raw materials provider with the abundance of mineral resources in Tasmania. (ooc: IRL 6th largest mineral deposits in the world). If we can get permission to use the elevator on the schedule for our research projects also, we would be happy to contribute anything Saboria needs to this purpose.

OOC: Hey, I need to say, I've done some research, and Tasmania isn't really the powerhouse you make it up to be. RL Tasmania has a Gross State Product of 19 billion US dollars , compared to, say Pennsylvania's 530 billion, and California's 1 trillion. I am aware that you would have more infrastructure, and you do own more land outside of Tasmania, but stop trying to wave Tasmania in our faces :P

(Yah, that's been bothering e for a while)

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

OOC:zero degrees N/S, zero degrees E/W is off the coast of Africa, in some very deep Atlantic water.

IC:The nation of Altea exresses its intrest in this project, and offers any service it can to help wtih the completion of the space station.

We do, however, have a question: Have you manufactured the cars for the elevator yet? If not, Desator Industries would be glad to manufacture them.

OOC: I'm aware of that. But the spacestation is in earth's orbit, being assembled there, etc, like the ISS or MIR.

IC: The cars are currently being produced by a Saborian company and scheduled to be finished when the space station is at 90% completion. Even if that was not the case, would Desator Industries have the technological prowess to construct these cars?

OOC: I'm only capable of actually finishing that thing because I'm closing in to ~4k tech, 2024 equivalent. Had I staid at ~3300, the project would eventually have failed.

IC: We already are importing the necessary raw materials from various countries of the world, but if you can deliver them more quickly and cheaply, we would consider switching to you as importer.

OOC: You also don't have to say "Tasmania is this and that IRL". I just RP the resources I have Ingame and then some.