Building into space

Lynneth

Both the Vinilandese government and the Carbono & Aço corporation are glad to see construction nearly finished, and the latter is very content that some of its cables were of use in the construction.

We too are glad that the construction is finally nearing its last days. And, of course, our thanks go to the C&A corp., for their contribution to this project.

The Equatorial Star is a name very popular among the Western Republic population.

It is quite similar in Saboria.

As it seems, the station will be called the Equatorial Star.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Equatorial Star" sounds like a good name.

However, we wonder why only so few nations participate. Apparently, they are too busy destroying the world.

Construction has reached 84%.

You do realize that the very neighboring nation, GLS, is crippled from the flu epidemic, the mass burning of GLS that your buddies and you did and refusing to help repair the damages, and a civil war.

You do realize that the very neighboring nation, GLS, is crippled from the flu epidemic, the mass burning of GLS that your buddies and you did and refusing to help repair the damages, and a civil war.

This is not a problem, as it is being built not in Saboria, but in The Western Republic, which is in Africa.

We know that, but Saboria was complaining about not enough nations helping out.
It hardly looked like complaining to us, simply a simple observation that it would get done faster if more nations could and would contribute to the project.

We actually were wondering why so few nations participated in naming the space station.

It seems both Promised Land and the GLS misunderstood us slightly.

We actually were wondering why so few nations participated in naming the space station.

It seems both Promised Land and the GLS misunderstood us slightly.

Ah, we see.

On another notwe, would you still like a shipment of food every week until it is completed? Our reconstruction is nearly complete, and we have some to spare now.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Ah, we see.

On another notwe, would you still like a shipment of food every week until it is completed? Our reconstruction is nearly complete, and we have some to spare now.

The food would perhaps be more useful in south america, where plagues have hit, or for the civilians of our neighbour at the great lakes. Currently, no supplies are needed at the elevator's base.

The food would perhaps be more useful in south america, where plagues have hit, or for the civilians of our neighbour at the great lakes. Currently, no supplies are needed at the elevator's base.

Very well. We will see what we can send to those who need it.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you know, the base of the Space Elevator has been finished for quite some time

SpaceElevator04.jpg

We are proud to announce that the station in orbit has finally been finished, after long years of construction and a tragic accident. (The Columbus accident)

The Equatorial Star is now fully working, and scientists from all over the world will be able to do experiments within it.

SpaceElevator02.jpg

But not only are our scientists now able to work in space whenever they want, the elevator can also bring material into space at a fraction of the current costs. Bringing material into space with a modern rocket costs as much as $40,000 per kilogram, whereas with the elevator the same material will on average cost only $3,000 to be brought into space, with better power-generation methods even less.

A revolution for all kinds of space-exploration.

Quite a number of sceientists in Promised Land are eagerly awaiting their chance to make use of this glorious opportunity.

***Private, To the Chairman***

The previous chairman, before his descent into insanity, originally promised me a slot on the first group to use the station. While I realize you are not obligated to fulfill this promise, as you were not the one who made it, I would appreciate it if I could be given an opportunity to go up...

~Richard Anderson, Lord of Internal Affairs-Promised Land.

Quite a number of sceientists in Promised Land are eagerly awaiting their chance to make use of this glorious opportunity.

***Private, To the Chairman***

The previous chairman, before his descent into insanity, originally promised me a slot on the first group to use the station. While I realize you are not obligated to fulfill this promise, as you were not the one who made it, I would appreciate it if I could be given an opportunity to go up...

~Richard Anderson, Lord of Internal Affairs-Promised Land.

*Private response*

Dear Mr. Anderson,

I am quite aware that you were a good friend of the previous Chairman, and know of some of the things you've talked and done with him.

While I will not fulfill the promise, you and your scientists will be 'preferred' when it comes to bringing people up, so I'd suggest coming soon. However, you yourself will get a free ride into the station. (Normally, non-scientists would have to pay a small fee to finance the elevator)

Have fun.

Chairman Leclerc

OOC: I don't remember making that promise. lol.

O.o

*Private response*

Dear Mr. Anderson,

I am quite aware that you were a good friend of the previous Chairman, and know of some of the things you've talked and done with him.

While I will not fulfill the promise, you and your scientists will be 'preferred' when it comes to bringing people up, so I'd suggest coming soon. However, you yourself will get a free ride into the station. (Normally, non-scientists would have to pay a small fee to finance the elevator)

Have fun.

Chairman Leclerc

OOC: I don't remember making that promise. lol.

O.o

OOC: You don't remember giving him that pass? Well, I certainly didn't forget...

IC: Thank you. I will be on the next flight out.

~Richard Anderson

Indeed, he wouldn't miss the opportunity. He was flown in with eleven scientists who had been selected from among the numerous volunteers. They couldn't send everyone that wanted to go, only the best and brightest of each field.