American Treaty Organization

USNA

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would like to discuss the feasibility and interest in establishing a standardized currency for the signatories of the American Treaty Organization. We'd like to see the views of the other signatories about this matter.

OOC: Nobody else is putting forth any suggestions?

Edited by USNA

The entrance of the Sarnian Empire and Amerikanisches Reich shall be put on the table. In this respect the United States of North America votes yes on both accounts.

Now, we would like to get discussion back to the establishment of a common monetary tender to simplify economics for the Americas and, in effect, the whole world.

OOC: Are pending-applicants allowed to weigh in?

OOC: I'm not really sure. I'd suppose that until you're a member you aren't really privy to the discussions we have though so I'd say no. Unless of course you have spies :o

We are unhappy that every member does not have the right to vote. In recent studies, this generally results in several nations monopolizing the organization to do their specific interests. We would therefore like to propose that every nation in the ATO, regardless of Founding Status or not, is given the right to vote.

(OOC: I HATE the UN's way of doing things. HATE HATE HATE!)

We are unhappy that every member does not have the right to vote. In recent studies, this generally results in several nations monopolizing the organization to do their specific interests. We would therefore like to propose that every nation in the ATO, regardless of Founding Status or not, is given the right to vote.

(OOC: I HATE the UN's way of doing things. HATE HATE HATE!)

We do concur with this motion. The clause was initially instituted because it was believed that the American Treaty Organization would stay as a small regional bloc and not into the multi-national continental organization it is. There is the concern however that some urgent matters would not be able to be decided upon quickly enough. We propose that if a nation does not vote on an issue within an established time limit then they shall be marked as abstained and not factor into a majority vote.

OOC: I really don't like the security council either. At least make it majority vote if nothing else but yeah. But there are some problems here. Sometimes people just aren't on and sometimes stuff has to be decided upon quickly. Unlike real life we don't get alerts from an aide if something happens here so sometimes people don't know or just aren't on. It's a problem even in ingame CN alliances sometimes although less so as most have enough active members.

We are waiting upon other members for their input into the acceptance of the Sarnian Empire and Amerikanisches Reich. We also propose an alteration of article VII to allow all member nations a vote but having a time limit on the voting depending on it's urgency and the majority vote is what's taken at the end of that period.

The Wilson Empire votes aye on the Sarnian Empire. We are un-certain on the Reich as we do not know much about them.

As for the IoA's un-happiness towards the current voting system, we see it as impossible to let every member vote. If that were the case, nothing would ever be accomplished in a good amount of time. The two elected members, are to ensure that their is always a different voice on the council. The founding members should have the privilege of being permanent members, because with out them, the ATO wouldn't exist.

We believe that time limits should be given for issues depending on the situation. All can vote during that time and after, the majority of the votes that were given on that matter shall be taken.

OOC: The concern was that some things would be too slow if everyone had to vote on something but I believe a time limit would be the best option at allowing everyone a voice.

The Wilson Empire votes aye on the Sarnian Empire. We are un-certain on the Reich as we do not know much about them.

As for the IoA's un-happiness towards the current voting system, we see it as impossible to let every member vote. If that were the case, nothing would ever be accomplished in a good amount of time. The two elected members, are to ensure that their is always a different voice on the council. The founding members should have the privilege of being permanent members, because with out them, the ATO wouldn't exist.

What do wish to know?

OOC: SI lets every member vote. In fact, on the memberships, if one person votes no the applicant is denied. Yet it's somehow working out, just something to consider.

The Tennessee Federation does hereby wish to join the American Treaty Organization. We call that the Organization recognizes the new treaty (MDoAP) between Tennessee and the Sarnian Empire. We are pretty developed and looking to expand our relations with the American Nations.

OOC: I'm new in the RP, but my nation has been on CN for a long time. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.

OOC: I'd like to have everyone get a vote too as I try to be a fair person. But I still say we should have a time limit cause look. Only me and Wilson have voted on the entrance of nations. Everyone is allowed to vote for new members as it's in the charter.

IC:

"I'd like to propose a revision of Article VII to allow all members a vote but have a time limit attached to most issues. When the time is up then the majority vote succeeds on that matter."