What is Wrong with You People?

BamaBuc

The entirety of this post is OOC.

Well, what is wrong with you? Over the last few days I've seen people taking TE WAY too seriously. I can understand when people overreact in Standard, I've done it myself... people put a lot of time into it. TE, however, was made to be fun and completely non-personal. It's basically made to be "LOL WAAAAR" for 90 days. But now I see cries of "OMG I R GUNNA MAK U PAY 4 THS N CN STANDERD CUZ U ATTAKED ME N TE!!!!!!1111one", both on this forum and on IRC. To those people, I have one thing to say: GET A GRIP! Maybe sit back and have a little fun for once? I see a CN-style "angry log dump" about SF's plans for ZOMGWORLDDOMINATION. So what? Let them try to take over! They're having FUN doing it. Organize a resistance or something. Stuff like that is fun! Hell, if I had an alliance the size of SF, I'd try world domination myself. As it is, I've thought about taking UW on a "White Domination" crusade or something, since I've heard of a "White Resistance" being developed against us. We'll crush them mercilessly, but at the end of the day, I'm still good friends and even allies with half of them in Standard.

That's the point of TE... blow stuff up, scheme against people for lulz, maybe even spy a bit... and laugh with your enemies all the while. Fact is, when people start getting their blood pressure up over TE, it's not fun anymore. I'm sure not having fun making this rant, but I feel it's necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if Admin takes TE away again if this keeps up... I don't claim to know every bit of his intentions for TE, but I doubt he meant for it to become a place where people make CN Standard enemies.

So I ask you all... Please, for the love of Admin, just relax and blow stuff up, okay?

This has been my 5th and hopefully last serious post in this forum.

-Bama

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TE is the place where you're supposed to do all the things that would make you a total dick in CN because none of this lasts and everyone's "hard work" is going to be completely destroyed a couple months from now anyway.

Think of it as if the world is ending 3 months from now and we're all the looters and partiers and last minute dare devils on their way out. This is CN: Groundhog's Day!

TE is the place where you're supposed to do all the things that would make you a total dick in CN because none of this lasts and everyone's "hard work" is going to be completely destroyed a couple months from now anyway.

Think of it as if the world is ending 3 months from now and we're all the looters and partiers and last minute dare devils on their way out. This is CN: Groundhog's Day!

My point exactly... people are taking grudges to CN Standard over a completely unserious game.

-Bama

Well said sir,

TE, from my understanding, was meant to just let loose and enjoy the warfare.

Brining in CN:S is a good way to ruin the fun. "I'll find you on CN:S"

yes, the well-established, 400day old nation on CN:S might be impressive.

but i think the 1,000s of <2,000 NS nations duking it out is even more impressive ;)

I think it's great that everyone starts off fresh in TE, and it definitely takes away from the seriousness in CN:S that can really drive someone insane.

Edited by BadHorse

Well said Bama.

My motto, similar to Arctic's is: If you aren't having fun your doin it rong.

Seriously, IDIOT is a conglomeration of people some of whom I consider "mortal enemies" in CN:S, I've spent nearly 2.5 years fighting against them and their cause, but in CN:TE we are working together and having fun.

Likewise, the alliance I plan for IDIOT to attack next has a lot of great friends of mine in it (no, don't worry Arctic, curbstomps is so NOT cool in CN:TE so it's not u), and that is WHY I will attack them... because at the end of the day if I end up anarchying them I can spend the next few days teasing them in IRC/Messenger, if my attack fails, then I can spend the next few days claiming how I will send down vengeance upon their heads... either way it will be great!

I kinda wish that CN:S alliance names weren't even allowed in CN:TE. Check em at the door, use this as an opportunity to get to know others in this larger community that we share. Take on a different RP role. If you are the evil oppressor in CN:S, try fighting as the outgunned underdog in CN:TE and make ridiculously long posts about honor and friendship and never surrendering. If you are one of the "Friends > Infra" in CN:S, backstab, betray and be a supreme evildoer in CN:TE... it doesn't matter, it all goes away in 90 days!

The point is have fun and introduce yourselves to more of the community. Expand beyond your CN:S horizons and get to know others, I promise if you do that alone, everything else will fall in to place.

/rant

If you are one of the "Friends > Infra" in CN:S, backstab, betray and be a supreme evildoer in CN:TE... it doesn't matter, it all goes away in 90 days!

I'm one of those in CN:S

and I quickly learned what this CN:TE is about. Now I'm actually having fun.

I'm waiting for the first person to actually do a $20 donation in the name of their TE nation. <_<

:blink:

I honestly didn't know TE nations could even be donated for.

Wow...learn something new every day I suppose.

francis.jpg

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

I'd like to see you try to kill La Resistance! XP Anyways, the elepjhant speaks the truth. Someone blows you up... Blow them up right back. :P Who gives a rat's $@! if you die, you can remake if you need, and everything resets in a couple months. XP But for all you treaty nay-sayers out there. Treaties are fine, even if we get a messed up treaty web. The more confusing the better, I say. :P

Heck, lately I barely pay attention to my CN:S nation. I've actually been considering just letting it inactivity delete. Doesn't really seem like there's much worthwhile there. So I guess I, for one, am a little more interested in Planet Carl than Planet Bob at present.