So how do you

Master Hakai

So I was sitting watching a show on TV trying to figure out how to word a proposal I am writing. The show was one my sister raved about, but I was less enthusiastic about. Suddenly I heard a song and my head whipped around toward the television. The Kinks... Last of the Steam-Powered Trains.

Suddenly I was up, running to the bedroom door to shut Stevie Wonder into a cocoon of silence and skidding back into the living room to shout at Google Mini to “PLAY LAST OF THE STEAM POWERED TRAINS BY THE KINKS”. As the music wound it’s magic in my ears and around my body, I started dancing. Even though I am now 35 (!), I can still sling myself around. I stomped, twisted, lunged and did some weird foot work all over the room.

As I was dancing, wrapped up in Kinks vibrations, I glanced down. My eyes bulged as I came to a grinding, shuddering halt... toe to nose with... a slug... I thought it was a twig or something the cats had dragged in from another room, until I looked closer. It was moving... slowly... but moving. It was a slug.

Nothing kills a dancing mood faster than bumping into and almost squashing a slimy slug underfoot. 

The magic was over.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, SirWilliam said:

So I was sitting watching a show on TV trying to figure out how to word a proposal I am writing. The show was one my sister raved about, but I was less enthusiastic about. Suddenly I heard a song and my head whipped around toward the television. The Kinks... Last of the Steam-Powered Trains.

Suddenly I was up, running to the bedroom door to shut Stevie Wonder into a cocoon of silence and skidding back into the living room to shout at Google Mini to “PLAY LAST OF THE STEAM POWERED TRAINS BY THE KINKS”. As the music wound it’s magic in my ears and around my body, I started dancing. Even though I am now 35 (!), I can still sling myself around. I stomped, twisted, lunged and did some weird foot work all over the room.

As I was dancing, wrapped up in Kinks vibrations, I glanced down. My eyes bulged as I came to a grinding, shuddering halt... toe to nose with... a slug... I thought it was a twig or something the cats had dragged in from another room, until I looked closer. It was moving... slowly... but moving. It was a slug.

Nothing kills a dancing mood faster than bumping into and almost squashing a slimy slug underfoot. 

The magic was over.

the thing about slugs is they slip n slide around, ain't SHIP you can do about it!

On 4/17/2020 at 2:39 AM, Master Hakai said:

Wondering how each of you feels about everything going on? Write down your thoughts.

I just deleted yet another nation. I rather suspect it's permanent this time.

Oh wait.... that's not a thought but an action.

Apologies.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, SirWilliam said:

More like rude boy.

kingzog = Rude_Boy_cover.png

Nah.

I've made it clear for the last decade how I feel about CN. It's a garbage pile built on fraud.

In 2009, when FAN's spies uncovered a huge NPO-sponsored cheating ring -- run by Bilrow, incidentally -- I took all their evidence to Admin, who did nothing.

(To anyone reading this who continues to donate to CN: You're a chump.)

On 4/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, kingzog said:

Nah.

I've made it clear for the last decade how I feel about CN. It's a garbage pile built on fraud.

In 2009, when FAN's spies uncovered a huge NPO-sponsored cheating ring -- run by Bilrow, incidentally -- I took all their evidence to Admin, who did nothing.

Nation Created:8/7/2010 8:40:54 PM (3,552 days old)
Last Donation:    No donations on record.

There is more than one reason for this, but this is one of the big reasons for sure.  All of which are identical reasons to why CN overall is barely clinging on to life support.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:53 PM, kingzog said:

Nah.

NPO-sponsored! That can't be true!

But seriously, a lot of (other) people did and still arguably does that (too). Collecting evidence is a waste of one's time as it gets systematically ignored.

TBH CN is still good to chat with random people and to have a laugh from time to time, though. And it's the toy of Admin made available for free... in his shoes I wouldn't do it, but he's definitely entitled to let it be trashed.