Obsidian Entente Recognition of Hostilities

I really don't care what you do. I have no problem with warring you until the servers go down. That sounds like the best TE round ever.

Haha I'll admit that I wrestled with making this thread because it all really is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but then again, it did provide plenty of entertainment value. :P

ecOn8PQ.jpg

You know I'm the same way. I've ended a round ranked top 5 I think, but I've never been able to take home the casualty crown.

I don't think it's really necessary for MERCS to hit UN to prove they wish to end association. I will say that I don't really believe UN ever planned to halt their attack on OE. Judging from the messages we both received, they were confident that we were going to be rolled into the dirt, and didn't give that a second thought.

However, if we assume that they're telling the truth, and that they had meant to peace OE so that both MERCS and UN could focus on RE, that's beyond !@#$%*. I'll be honest and that's part of the reason I'm holding UN at war. I've been in the situation you would have been in, dealing with the same asinine behavior. I believe that when an alliance is in that situation, it's the TE community's responsibility to right that wrong, and I had no intentions of leaving you on the battlefield to fight 2 alliances at once. If there are any victims here, it's RE.

But UN is already spent, so it would further prove the point that MERCS was pulling an opportunistic move for XP. After speaking with Wiley, I do feel like s/he regrets the situation, and didn't really know who s/he was dealing with. I'm hopeful that moving forward, Wiley will make better decisions and I personally look forward to seeing what MERCS does later on in the round. 

While yes, UN certainly lacks knowledge of game mechanics, all that can be taught. To me, their bigger issue is not knowing how politics work. Raiding alliances for XP? Sure, okay. It's bold. I'll give you that. Issuing threats you can't back up? Never a good idea. Spamming my inbox with nonsense? That won't make me more receptive to you. You see here where 2 approaches ended is much different results. After speaking with Wiley, I really have no desire to war MERCS, whereas after speaking with Bernie, well... you know. 

sheldonevilsmile-1.gif

Okay, I'm going to have to call !@#$%^&* here. You say you tried to halt the attack, but a member missed the announcement. Even if that is true, I still messaged you telling you that I had worked out a peace with that nation, meaning no further damage would be done to him. [OOC]Also, you never kicked that non-compliant member. He was deleted by the admin for being in violation of the TOS. Probably multies. No, I don't know that for sure but the only way a nation can be deleted during a war is by the administration, and we had not yet peaced his nation.[/OOC]

Next, you "offered" not to use nukes if we allowed you to raid our nations for 3 days. What in the hell kind of leader would I be to accept an offer like that? Had I agreed to that, I can guarantee OE would be rolling me right along with you. Which would be kinda funny. :3

And yes, I blockaded you. Swazz blockaded me, so I bought some ships, and shared the love with you. Gotta get dat XP, yo. (Ironic, right?!)

And I said "lolno". At least quote me correctly please.

No, you brought the rest of your alliance into it. Your member attacked my member without provocation, I messaged your second-in-command asking what was going on, explaining that I had reached an agreement with your member for peace. He ignored me, then you launched more offensive attacks. I then messaged you directly, again asking what was going on, and explaining that I had worked out a deal for peace with your member. You mistook my mercy for weakness, and confirmed that you had declared war.

I will end this textwall with this: Your biggest mistake wasn't declaring a bad war, but rather thinking that you could waltz in here and bully folks into submission. I don't like to toot my own horn here, because truly, there are a lot of folks here who have accomplished just as much as I have, and more in TE. There are some damn fine players here. So next time, perhaps you'll be a bit more cautious as to whom you threaten, because we're all a bunch of blood thirsty sob's. 

yes-excited-gif.gif?gs=a

I did plan to halt the attack. If I knew how to post pics on here I would screenshot my announcement instructing my members not to attack.

As for it being messed up to gang up on RE, MERCS was only going to help with "the mitten", and while it is still wrong & I regret my actions & leadership, RE has more nations than the UN & they have more NS, so I though of it as fair, although when I look back on it, I'm ashamed.

You're right, I did declare war even when you & my former member achieved peace. That was a foolish mistake & I can't even think of a reason why I declared war at that time. I have no excuse for, like you said, my asinine behavior.

I didn't kick him because it wasn't his fault. Yes, he should've read the announcement, but he didn't, why would I kick him for that? It was me & my actions that caused this war, not his. But yes, he was deleted by administration, most likely for multies.

What I meant by my offer was that we wouldn't use nukes, and in return you guys would accept peace from one of my nations if they we unable to fight. I should have been more clear, my apologies.

I have learned from this disaster, & I acknowlege the many, many, many foolish & provocative mistakes my alliance & I made. I will make better & more wise actions in the future. I thank both OE & RE for teaching us a valuable & nessecary lesson.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is great.

Hey, Wiley, we don't do treaties in TE. That was $%&@ up number one.

You may not, there is no CN rule prohibiting it. I wouldn't be the first to try and make allies either. 

TE has changed a lot since my break.

Edited by WileyXero

You may not, there is no CN rule prohibiting it. I wouldn't be the first to try and make allies either. 
TE has changed a lot since my break.

The reason is that we aim to make wars as statistically even as possible, to ensure a fair war. The MERCS-UN treaty was never announced, so if someone hit you in a statistically fair war, they would not know to expect UN to jump in and tip the scales suddenly.

The reason is that we aim to make wars as statistically even as possible, to ensure a fair war. The MERCS-UN treaty was never announced, so if someone hit you in a statistically fair war, they would not know to expect UN to jump in and tip the scales suddenly.

When I left this wasn't such a numbers game. Guess I'll have to adapt my ways. You do have a point about the announcement though.

When I left this wasn't such a numbers game. Guess I'll have to adapt my ways. You do have a point about the announcement though.

Yep, things have changed around here, i do miss a good treaty though. But no one really cares about winning, well i don't anyway and i think most would agree that it's just playing for fun now.

But hey, if you want treaties then go for it, but you wouldn't be attacked alone in any future wars, you would both just get hit as one.

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in rounds.  Gotta hand it to you Bernie, that song had me doubled over in laughter.

I find it hilarious too, even though it's at my expense lol. & my former member swazz wrote the song. I tried but couldn't come up with anything good.

I find it hilarious too, even though it's at my expense lol. & my former member swazz wrote the song. I tried but couldn't come up with anything good.

Eh, you're new.  You'll learn.  Protip: if you want an XP skirmish, try arranging it with the alliance's leadership ahead of time.  At least you stayed in the game.  Last round NDO went through something similar with USSR, they hit us rogue style and then decided to go full war when we offered them peace.  It ended similarly.  Take it and learn from it, you'll be fine.

Yes, it has changed. TE is definitely a numbers game now. I remember when it was acceptable to have treaties too. I've been here for that long at least. But now TE is about trade swapping to get the most infra/ money/ casualties because that is what makes it fun. Allies make TE harder, not more fun. Alliances have been burned many times for having allies. There are fewer nations each round so that is why we aim to make wars fair.

Yes, it has changed. TE is definitely a numbers game now. I remember when it was acceptable to have treaties too. I've been here for that long at least. But now TE is about trade swapping to get the most infra/ money/ casualties because that is what makes it fun. Allies make TE harder, not more fun. Alliances have been burned many times for having allies. There are fewer nations each round so that is why we aim to make wars fair.

I will piggy back off of Stacc's comments a little:

Alliance have burned for having allies, yes. The game has changed dramatically mainly because of the drastically lower numbers on Planet Steve.

What happens is that treaties happen, then dogpiles happen and then more nations leave (and never return). Dirty spy ops, navy blockades, nukes too early- basically anything that would cripple your opponent for the entire round is a no-no.

for 2 reasons:

1) it's more fun when opponents fight back.

2) it brings more opportunity when there are more active nations on planet steve. Even with these rules, about halfway through you will see a third-or-more nations become inactive.

In short, the purpose is to defeat your opponent- not cripple them to the point of having to re-roll (and in most cases, leave for good).

The exception to this rule is when the aggressor clearly wants to knock their opponents out of the round entirely. Then they became the 'no-holds-barred' target.

Of course, being new, this is also hard on us veterans. So rather than force a re-roll, public humiliation (and we all laugh it off and move on until the next noob does the same thing) is better suited than purging a bunch of nations.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I was responsible for bringing peace between RE and UN and was rewarded me by being kicking out out of the alliance, thanks to extortion tactics used by OE. What Sam failed to mention is that they only gave UN peace if they kicked me out. She claimed that I said I was going to nuke her for the entire round when I can't even message SamWise because she blocked me from our war affair that happened 5 years ago. OE should be condemned for bullying and extorting an alliance a fraction of their size. Such bullying tactics should be banned and frowned upon in the game. OE has tried to dress me as a bully but never have I demanded any of their members to quit the game and I'm unsure of how I could nuke them the entire round with only 4 nukes I had to start the war. 

There is good reason why Samwise failed to mention the harsh conditions surrounding peace between OE and UN, I suppose I would be embarrassed too for making repugnant demands. Samwise should show wisdom and allow me to be w/the fam. I gave OE a great opportunity to steal tech, land, and gain xp - they should let me stay in UN. 

#freeSwazz @samwise

Edited by swazz

Eh, you're new.  You'll learn.  Protip: if you want an XP skirmish, try arranging it with the alliance's leadership ahead of time.  At least you stayed in the game.  Last round NDO went through something similar with USSR, they hit us rogue style and then decided to go full war when we offered them peace.  It ended similarly.  Take it and learn from it, you'll be fine.

Yeah this whole disaster definitely tought me a lot. I made a lot of mistakes. But I surely learned from them. Thank you for your advice.