Acts of Terrorism

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see whether Pax Corvus will be effective in targeting DBDC's protected tech sellers. If DBDC gets tied up in a long term nuclear war, what happens to the satellites?

Our tech sellers are in established alliances with treaty partners.  Any alliance is free to attack them and see how that works out.  Long term nuke war sounds good.  Casualties = happiness.

Our tech sellers are in established alliances with treaty partners.  Any alliance is free to attack them and see how that works out.  Long term nuke war sounds good.  Casualties = happiness.

In unusual or conflicting circumstances, treaties often become optional in nature. Because DBDC is again attacking a peaceful neutral alliance without provocation or casus belli, a solid argument could be built that DBDC has nullified protection for their tech satellites by, and from, traditional alliances residing in the stable treaty web. In theory, a situation could develop where those allies refuse to protect DBDC-protected tech sellers on justified stable-treaty grounds.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Most of the tech sellers to DBDC are tech sellers to many other alliances as well, you can claim the moral high ground about optional defense and you would be correct, but those other alliances probably do not like seeing their tech sellers hit as well. 

Most of the tech sellers to DBDC are tech sellers to many other alliances as well, you can claim the moral high ground about optional defense and you would be correct, but those other alliances probably do not like seeing their tech sellers hit as well. 

Well, should DBDC's unconventional actions (referred to in OP as terrorism) be considered concerning to the international community, it would then fall upon alliances trading with said nations to pressure them to not sell tech to DBDC. This would be equivalent to global tech sanctions on DBDC.

No need to get fancy, aiding a nation at war has always been an act of war.

Which is more or less my point... because of the unconventional nature of DBDC's war against Pax Corvus and Neutrality, this means that tech sellers to DBDC could also be considered at war, and treaties by members of the stable global community with DBDC or its satellites would then be considered optional at best.

No need to get fancy, aiding a nation at war has always been an act of war.

Then jump in and help them out.  Instead of being a tryhard and a blowhard, bring the pain.

To Cerridwyn and Pax Corvus:

Your response is very rational and exactly what anyone would expect under a circumstance you had no idea was coming.  It is tragic that this happened to you? There is absolutely no disputing that.  Is it going to end well for anyone? Not likely. Do you deserve this fate? Doubtful. Could it have been avoided? Without a shadow of a doubt.  I personally worked for many hours, days even, to find a way to do this in a way that harmed no one, but ultimately there is a stalemate in the top 250, and if it must come to attacks, that's not an option DBDC will shy away from.   

No DoW has been posted, nor should there be.  This is not a formal declaration of war, and we don't harbor any ill will towards Pax Corvus (at least not yet).  We only notified our own allies about this within hours of it happening.  This is neither a war on neutrality nor is it meant to be taken personally by the members of Pax Corvus, several of which I have gotten to know on a personal basis.  Obviously waking up to 52 new messages in your inbox won't go a long way towards long-term diplomatic relations, and we know that.

The bottom line is we respect the concept of neutrality and fully appreciate your right to declare to the world that you will not interject yourself into political matters or military situations.  We also feel very strongly of your right to coexist and play the game in whatever manner you want to play it.  However, this is a war-based game when it needs to be, and your political stance did not impact our decision to declare our wars on you.  You are quite capable of defending yourself, as you noted in your opening statement, and plan to do so.  That is the most rational and straightforward response we could ask for.

We look forward to clashing on the battlefield, and hopefully can maintain some form of open communication while we fulfill Garion's wish of losing our pixels with haste.

Lovely words Cuba, but I'm going to have to call !@#$%^&* on them.

You and the rest of DBDC are opportunistic cowards. Pax is weak enough for you to target while taking very little damage, and it will give you access to even more top tier nations that you can raid without consequence. If Pax was the strength of the GPA or the WTF, you wouldn't have hit them, at least not yet, because they are too large for you to fight a quick war that you take little damage in.

As for the declaration of war; when you attack 30 odd nations you are at war, even if you are calling it a purge. You may refuse to acknowledge the fact, but you have declared an unprovoked and offensive war and it should be recognized as such.

o/ Pax Corvus

Lovely words Cuba, but I'm going to have to call !@#$%^&* on them.

You and the rest of DBDC are opportunistic cowards. Pax is weak enough for you to target while taking very little damage, and it will give you access to even more top tier nations that you can raid without consequence. If Pax was the strength of the GPA or the WTF, you wouldn't have hit them, at least not yet, because they are too large for you to fight a quick war that you take little damage in.

As for the declaration of war; when you attack 30 odd nations you are at war, even if you are calling it a purge. You may refuse to acknowledge the fact, but you have declared an unprovoked and offensive war and it should be recognized as such.

o/ Pax Corvus

Oh look, another tryhard.  Keep on growing buddy.  

Then jump in and help them out.  Instead of being a tryhard and a blowhard, bring the pain.

Attack Polaris again--if you think you can handle 2 alliances that will fight back at once--and we'll see what Polaris does about nations who aid DBDC in their war against us by sending you tech during war.  That I am not personally involved in this situation does not change the simple reality of my statement.  When. your. dealers. send. you. tech. during. war. it. is. an. act. of. war. against. the. AA. you're. attacking.  Simple enough?

The stable global community is quite a bit more sophisticated than that, and is based upon years of precedent and history. We understand that you are new to the political scene due to your newfound upper tier power, but among respectable alliances consensus is first found after lengthy discussion.

Attack Polaris again--if you think you can handle 2 alliances that will fight back at once--and we'll see what Polaris does about nations who aid DBDC in their war against us by sending you tech during war.  That I am not personally involved in this situation does not change the simple reality of my statement.  When. your. dealers. send. you. tech. during. war. it. is. an. act. of. war. against. the. AA. you're. attacking.  Simple enough?

I will take this as an official NpO response.  You and starfox seem to represent that AA.  Again, feel free to declare an offensive war against any of my allies and see how that works out for you.

I will take this as an official NpO response.  You and starfox seem to represent that AA.  Again, feel free to declare an offensive war against any of my allies and see how that works out for you.

Boy, you are in a serious roid rage stupor, aren't you?  It's cute.  It hasn't got anything to do with whether or not I am at war with you.  Let's get serious: Do you deny the centuries-long understanding that aiding a nation at war is an act of war?  I've tried to make this a yes-or-no question for you, "come at me bro" is not on the menu. 

Edited by Schattenmann

Boy, you are in a serious roid rage stupor, aren't you?  It's cute.  It hasn't got anything to do with whether or not I am at war with you.  Let's get serious: Do you deny the centuries-long understanding that aiding a nation at war is an act of war?  I've tried to make this a yes-or-no question for you, "come at me bro" is not on the menu. 

PAX has no treaties.  They are neutral.  Any act of war against PAX is not any act against Polar.  Unless Polar jumps in to help PAX by attacking DBDC tech sellers.  DBDC tech sellers are in alliances that have their own treaties.  You are welcome to come to Pax's aid and attack tech sellers of DBDC, but there will be consequences.  

If I didn't have 4 offensive wars right now, I'd smack the crap out of any Polar nation in my range and you wouldn't do anything about it.  They'd get smashed down to 40k NS, just like last time and take it. 

Talk big, get big.