South East Asian Treaty Organization (SEATO) Communications and Meetings

Maelstrom Vortex

"We've been dealing with a bit of an internal plague here in Druk Yul.. with the degradation of our infrastructure in the last war, it's not surprising it broke out. I for one was briefly its victim. What specifically has the Imperium concerned? I may not be fully up to speed on the events that have transpired."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With movements by the newly formed ESP setting up bases throughout the Indian, I have been tasked with questioning whether or not we should allow this colonization of the Indian to occur for a second time, as the last time European and African nations began militarizing the Indian it eventually progressed to war."

"A newly formed organization made up of entirely European Nations, notably Northlands, Greece, and Malta, the Economic Security Pact. They currently control the pathways into the Med, and now are claiming a protectorate over South Africa, as well as massing a fleet in the Southern Atlantic. Her Imperial Majesty suspects based off current negotiations with the Northlands regarding a Pacific Security Agreement that the ESP was formed to secure even more than simply the Mediterranean, and with movements by European nations, even our ally in France, whom we're uncertain of a future with due to instability within their government, Her Imperial Majesty believes we should be looking at a more proactive defense of the Indian Ocean." 

"We have currently started some Trading Bases with Malta and can say they are much different from the Persians who plotted against us in the past. Just like you trust your allies in France I am trusting Malta for now. However that can of course change depending on how things unfold. They don't seem nearly as aggressive as Persia was and for now I would trust them."

"We do not trust our allies in France at this point, their navy is making movements while the country is collapsing, which means their military is yet another player in the potential civil war." was the reply to the Shanghai representative, "As for a course of action, Diego Garcia and the Maldives are unclaimed, as well as various other potential bases for Druk Yul to restore it's Indian Ocean capabilities it had prewar. Regardless of the intentions of their so called economic security pact, we have rested upon our laurels as the world has begun to return to activity once again. Upon the completion of the Imperium's plans for the Pacific SOSUS network, you will of course both be given access to our intelligence resources."

"Our navy is weakened, not gone. We've only lost a few peripheral defense ships, the main capitol ships remain in tact." Yun Li would note. "Our intelligence assets are not significantly diminished.. other than the space plane program which had that spectacular ending which resulted in them being shelved for a couple of years for study."

Yun Li tapped his jaw, "You already have access to Ares, and we always will relay information on threats to you. But if I were to relay you information that these people were not a threat based on our systems, how would you react?"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Whether or not they are a threat currently does not change that they may pose one in the future, and that is also ignoring that other nations may eventually pose a threat, you do not feel having RADAR capabilities further into the Indian would be a wise decision?"

"I have read the reports on the JLENS system and believe there is no need to attach them to any ships when our military vessels already have the same threat detection capabilities without attaching a huge blimp to them. We were planning on sending the Shanghai 2nd Fleet  into the Indian Ocean to help protect our trade routes with the Europeans. Since a lot of that trade heads through the Bay of Bengal and the Malacca Strait that is where it was planned to patrol for pirates and any others who would try to attack those trading ships." 

The Malacca is secure, and always will be, our Type 94 naval guns ensure that, as for the Indian, we do not have the forces to spare, as we're currently involved in a potential dispute over the Falklands, and the Cascadians have been acting up as well."

Within a few minutes the Imperium's representative would deliver a message from the Empress.

"While I do not take issue with your departure of SEATO, the Ares network is a core part of the Imperium's intelligence network, and we would like clarification as to our continued ability to access the constellation.  Whatever your future plans I hope you are willing to discuss them with me, Asia has survived through hell due to our guidance, I do not wish to see our partnership disappear regardless of formal relationship."

"What do you mean you are withdrawing from SEATO!" Was Mei's (OOC: Yes Mei was the representative for Shanghai the whole time) response to that statement. "I think we deserve an explanation as to why one of the main founders of SEATO is all of a sudden deciding to leave it!"

Edited by jesbro

Yun Li remarked, "Times are changing. We have a treaty with you directly and we have informal relations with Japan we're comfortable with. We don't feel the treaty is needed any longer. To be honest, if you need any further explanation, you'll need to consult the Emperor."