South East Asian Treaty Organization (SEATO) Communications and Meetings

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yun Li asked the Tongzhi and Japan delegations, "Do the two of you need SEATO to assign non-Japanese and non-Tongzhi peacekeepers to Hainan to prevent a war for that island? We'll be glad to assign a protectorate status to it in order to keep it out of either of your hands if that would halt a conflict."

"We have let the Japanese have islands beside you after a contest and took the humiliation of letting the argument go."

"We have let the Japanese expand into the Northern Border of our nation."

"We have let the Japanese come miles off our shores and protect Hainan with us."

"We have offered to discuss this and Japan put boots on the grounds in our protectorate."

"We have watched as Japan plans it's expansions and publicly states its "Strategic" which does not ease our fears already publicly stated."

"We have been far too lenient and must take a stand. We will however be more than happy with you putting peace keepers on the ground. We invite you and SEATO to protect it with us including Japan. However the expansion stops here and now. We can not give anymore. You can not push us so much and expect us to always retreat. We have been more than respectful and giving to someone who calls themselves our friends yet they keep taking."

Nguy Thiem said with a scowl on his face. "This is truly enough."

Edited by Beauty

"Nguy, I understand your concern. We've been watching the Japanese expanse as well and it unnerved us for a time also. I guarantee you that if they act against Vietnam SEATO will be there to protect you, but if you act in hostility against the spirit of this treaty against them it could equally turn upon you. Here's what I suggest. I have had assurances from Japan this is their last acquisition in the region.. anything beyond this will be going against their own promises to SEATO. Druk Yul has islands to its south owned by other nations that we could have easily claimed or contested, but we aren't interested. We work with those nations in a spirit of collaboration. Japan was on the island to stabilize it with its forces. By the word of our treaty, we must respect their claim and work with them to establish a peaceful relationship in recognition that well.. they were in fact there first to govern that region. We must, by treaty, work out a peaceful agreement in accordance with that knowledge. If you trust SEATO, then let Japan have this island and let us worry about your security. If it will make you feel better we'll give you more of our forces to protect your nation." Yun Li gently wiped his brow with a napkin as this entire discussion was getting tiresome.

"We have let the Japanese have islands beside you after a contest and took the humiliation of letting the argument go."

"We have let the Japanese expand into the Northern Border of our nation."

"We have let the Japanese come miles off our shores and protect Hainan with us."

"We have offered to discuss this and Japan put boots on the grounds in our protectorate."

"We have watched as Japan plans it's expansions and publicly states its "Strategic" which does not ease our fears already publicly stated."

"We have been far too lenient and must take a stand. We will however be more than happy with you putting peace keepers on the ground. We invite you and SEATO to protect it with us including Japan. However the expansion stops here and now. We can not give anymore. You can not push us so much and expect us to always retreat. We have been more than respectful and giving to someone who calls themselves our friends yet they keep taking."

Nguy Thiem said with a scowl on his face. "This is truly enough."

Mei had been appointed by Jesse as the Shanghai representative to SEATO and she agreed with both Tongzhi and Japan. Yes the Japanese were pushing more and more into Asia to where it was becoming too much but she also liked a bit what the Japanese were doing in those lands giving the citizens a bit more freedom and higher wages for their jobs without really destroying their economy. "I have reports from people in the regions the Japanese are in that was former Macau territory and from those reports it seems the Japanese are doing a good job with helping the people of the region get back on their feet and are doing a much better job than perhaps you would be able to. I agree that SEATO should help take care of that region and that we should do it with the Japanese instead of against them. I can understand the Tongzhi concerns but so far have found nothing that would support them."

"Nguy, I understand your concern. We've been watching the Japanese expanse as well and it unnerved us for a time also. I guarantee you that if they act against Vietnam SEATO will be there to protect you, but if you act in hostility against the spirit of this treaty against them it could equally turn upon you. Here's what I suggest. I have had assurances from Japan this is their last acquisition in the region.. anything beyond this will be going against their own promises to SEATO. Druk Yul has islands to its south owned by other nations that we could have easily claimed or contested, but we aren't interested. We work with those nations in a spirit of collaboration. Japan was on the island to stabilize it with its forces. By the word of our treaty, we must respect their claim and work with them to establish a peaceful relationship in recognition that well.. they were in fact there first to govern that region. We must, by treaty, work out a peaceful agreement in accordance with that knowledge. If you trust SEATO, then let Japan have this island and let us worry about your security. If it will make you feel better we'll give you more of our forces to protect your nation." Yun Li gently wiped his brow with a napkin as this entire discussion was getting tiresome.

"We agree and have asked to work with the Japanese in maintaining the Island. We had hoped the expansion to the south and to the south west of us would be it. It continued and is now not only on top of us, but with capabilities of Invading all of Tongzhi at a minutes notice. We would be willing to let Japan have the Island on the condition they have SEATO forces on the Island at all times to assist and insure the Japanese will not turn their back on SEATO and go for more land in the region. We have given time after time and cannot simply walk away from this one too. We are indeed going past the promises of our people that we will not let Hainan fall, but the expansion keeps coming, and we've given more leeway on this.

Why do we not let the Japanese assist them economically yet keep it protected by SEATO? They do not need to govern people historically in opposition of them. Everyone here knows the Hainan Island would massively vote in majority of Tongzhi governance yet we do not seek to greedily take the islands, only offer them protection."

Mei had been appointed by Jesse as the Shanghai representative to SEATO and she agreed with both Tongzhi and Japan. Yes the Japanese were pushing more and more into Asia to where it was becoming too much but she also liked a bit what the Japanese were doing in those lands giving the citizens a bit more freedom and higher wages for their jobs without really destroying their economy. "I have reports from people in the regions the Japanese are in that was former Macau territory and from those reports it seems the Japanese are doing a good job with helping the people of the region get back on their feet and are doing a much better job than perhaps you would be able to. I agree that SEATO should help take care of that region and that we should do it with the Japanese instead of against them. I can understand the Tongzhi concerns but so far have found nothing that would support them."

"The Tongzhi economy has transformed tremendously. We do not expand so that is why you have not seen how we manage island territories due to our historical islands in the Parcels being taken recently from us by the Japanese.

They do not need to put a flag over the island to help it out economically. If genuinely in care for these people they could do it and let Hainan govern itself under SEATO protection. The policy of 'We know how to treat you better than you know how to treat yourself;' has not worked out well throughout history. Neither has Japanese expansion throughout the Pacific."

Edited by Beauty

"We have fought against foreign invasions of Asia.

We have brought forth a new era of economic prosperity for our entire region.

We have protected nearly all of Asia for decades.

We offered to join this organization as evidence of our peaceful intentions towards our neighbors.

We have watched as Tongzhi has collapsed into chaos and been restored multiple times, while the Imperium stood, even through the wind and ash of nuclear fire, we still stood.

We will not allow a nation unable to maintain its own borders to dictate to to us what we are allowed to integrate into our nation. As Yun Li has stated, we have worked peacefully with those surrounding us, but if Tongzhi wishes to be the Imperium's enemy, then that is a choice only Tongzhi will make. The Imperium has much more significant threats to it than Tongzhi. Their language, even while provocative towards us means little. If you wish to delude yourselves into believing us your enemy we cannot force you to see the reality. I fully understand being a new nation and surrounded by a much larger one is cause for concern, but when that nation has given their word to protect you, I fail to understand the reasoning to believe us to be your enemy. We would even be willing to offer an economic aid package to Tongzhi to promote the fact we have an interest in a strong and united Asia, working in partnership with one another."

As for the continued propaganda, the Xisha Islands have been under an Imperium protectorate since the fall of the Twin Chinas, if your people require us to be your enemy to maintain your power, perhaps another election is in order to elect more realistic politicians.  The Imperium's economy is counted in Trillions, not Billions, and with our vast economic capability we are in a much stronger position to maintain and finance quite simply anything the region may require."

"We will have monitoring on Japanese forces on those islands without needing a foot on the ground. Druk Yul has more than sufficient intelligence assets to be able to tell both of you nearly your exact force counts in the region. We keep tabs on our back yards very closely. Druk Yul has been waiting patiently for the Japanese to finish their integration work to officially recognize Hainan as a Japanese holding, but in light of the current situation, we make our declaration. We view Hainan as a sovereign holding of Japan. Our maps will be updated accordingly. We encourage other SEATO members to follow suit. SEATO guarantees the security of Tongzhi, if it questions the ability of the charter to do that, maybe it should consider withdrawal."

"Amur will recognize Japanese holdings as agreed upon by Druk Yul, Shanghai, and Japan concerning areas of the former Principality of Macau.  Amur, unlike Tongzhi, will be looking forward to expanding peaceful relations with the Japanese Imperium, and pending resolution of its conflicts will welcome its membership in SEATO. 

However, we do wish to state our concern about unchecked expansion into the Asian mainland.  We note that concern, but are more than willing to listen to Japanese and other SEATO nations' proposals on the matter."

"We have been given assurances by Japan that the Macau claim, upon which they are working with Shanghai will be their last expansion into the mainland and that it satisfies what they perceive as their cultural holdings. If they breach these assurances by acting with aggression against any SEATO member the response will be appropriate to the terms of this treaty."

"Amur will recognize Japanese holdings as agreed upon by Druk Yul, Shanghai, and Japan concerning areas of the former Principality of Macau.  Amur, unlike Tongzhi, will be looking forward to expanding peaceful relations with the Japanese Imperium, and pending resolution of its conflicts will welcome its membership in SEATO. 

However, we do wish to state our concern about unchecked expansion into the Asian mainland.  We note that concern, but are more than willing to listen to Japanese and other SEATO nations' proposals on the matter."

"We have done nothing but be peaceful.

Nor have we acted when Asia has been rationed away to Japan. To be peaceful would be the engagement of Nuclear War and other atroscities of war."

Edited by Beauty

"We have done nothing but be peaceful"

"I mentioned furthering peaceful relations, not maintaining tenuous peace.  You have a problem with the Japanese however, which is your prerogative.  How you are conducting your diplomacy does not fall under the umbrella of my previous statement.  I also would like to remind you that there are more important things to discuss than semantics."

"I mentioned furthering peaceful relations, not maintaining tenuous peace.  You have a problem with the Japanese however, which is your prerogative.  How you are conducting your diplomacy does not fall under the umbrella of my previous statement.  I also would like to remind you that there are more important things to discuss than semantics."

The disrespectful remarks from Amur were logged and quickly relayed to the Tongzhi Government in Hanoi. The representative from Tongzhi remained calm and collective though inside she was very insulted by the comments.

"We have done nothing but be peaceful.

Nor have we acted when Asia has been rationed away to Japan. To be peaceful would be the engagement of Nuclear War and other atroscities of war."

"Right now we are more worried about you than the Japanese. The representative from Amur is right, so far we have all been trying to find a peaceful solution to this situation but it seems more like you are trying to escalate it. We are letting the Japanese handle those regions for now but if they do go against their promises and start taking more territory then we will deal with them ourselves."

"If we wished to attack Tongzhi, why would we ask to join an organization that directly hinders our ability to do so?"

"You joined and asked about how SEATO would see it if you 'acted' against Tongzhi

Then expressed how Hainan will be a strategic island that is why we fear being beside you. Not only that you've expressed how you can take down any nation except Druk Yul. Then you wonder why we are uneasy being beside you?" Edited by Beauty

"We've attempted diplomacy with you, our request for a formal meeting with your government with out Foreign Minister was met instead with a request for embassies, something we consider rather unimportant, an embassy that apparently is unused as you'd prefer confrontation with us rather than acknowledging we have no real reason to attack Tongzhi besides in your own minds, we have proven willing to defend other Asian nations, where is your history in defending the region?"

"We've attempted diplomacy with you, our request for a formal meeting with your government with out Foreign Minister was met instead with a request for embassies, something we consider rather unimportant, an embassy that apparently is unused as you'd prefer confrontation with us rather than acknowledging we have no real reason to attack Tongzhi besides in your own minds, we have proven willing to defend other Asian nations, where is your history in defending the region?"

"When we said we wouldn't you expand any further"

The crowd around the representative remarked with "oooooohhhhhhh"

"We have yet to see you attack any other nation solely due to SEATO. We at this time wish to retire this issue as it's already tickled your ego. There's other issues were dealing with at this time." Edited by Beauty

"The Imperium has never required a piece of paper to defend its interests, nor have we ever backed down from a confrontation, upon the birth of the Amur Republic we were the primary defender of the DMZ line with the Russian Empire. To say that the Imperium does not defend its neighbors is inherently false, Hainan is a Chinese Island and unlike Tongzhi we have the ethnic and cultural history in order to maintain it."

Edited by Mogar

"The Imperium has never required a piece of paper to defend its interests, nor have we ever backed down from a confrontation, upon the birth of the Amur Republic we were the primary defender of the DMZ line with the Russian Empire. To say that the Imperium does not defend its neighbors is inherently false, Hainan is a Chinese Island and unlike Tongzhi we have the ethnic and cultural history in order to maintain it."

"Japanese are more tied culturally to Hainan than Viets? I do not believe you know your history very well"

"The Imperium contains nearly 250 million  ethnic Han Chinese, nearly twice our Japanese population, you assume we are one nation ruled by Japan. we are multiple nations under the umbrella of Pan Asian Nationalism."

"The Imperium contains nearly 250 million  ethnic Han Chinese, nearly twice our Japanese population, you assume we are one nation ruled by Japan. we are multiple nations under the umbrella of Pan Asian Nationalism."

Nguy Thiem, after dealing with the Japanese for a few hours immediately puts a gun to his head and commits suicide.

The representative receives a message and immediately commits suicide afterwards.

After hearing the Japanese Talk for an hour as well and the death of the Leader of Tongzhi, she couldn't take it anymore. The whole country began to riot with banners about the mass suicides occurring in Tongzhi from hearing the Japanese continue to talk and the idoicy of their ways of conquering people then claiming their culture. The Viet-Cambo-Laotions immediately began referring to themselves as "Natives" and began preparing for the Japanese expansions there.

Edited by Beauty

Nguy Thiem, after dealing with the Japanese for a few hours immediately puts a gun to his head and commits suicide.

The representative receives a message and immediately commits suicide afterwards.

After hearing the Japanese Talk for an hour as well and the death of the Leader of Tongzhi, she couldn't take it anymore. The whole country began to riot with banners about the mass suicides occurring in Tongzhi from hearing the Japanese continue to talk and the idoicy of their ways of conquering people then claiming their culture. The Viet-Cambo-Laotions immediately began referring to themselves as "Natives" and began preparing for the Japanese expansions there.

After that Mei would contact Emperor Jesse to tell him what happened. "The Tongzhi leaders just commited suicide because they pretty much just lost a big argument to the Japanese and honestly I agreed with the Japanese for most of it although there are some parts that I agreed with Tongzhi on as well."

"So what you are saying is that the Japanese just prooved that it is possible to literally talk someone to death?"

"In this case the whole Tongzhi government but yea pretty much."

"Do I need to sends Lee and his forces down to Vietnam to calm down the situation there and just let the Japanese have the Hainan Islands?"

"So far that seems like the best plan that will keep everyone else happy. Will probably have to talk it over with them first but that should be reasonable."

"OK. Let me know what I need to do after you talk things over there."

Somewhat glad that SEATO's internal cancer was removed, though disheartened by the loss of life involved, Linping spoke up to the other delegates:

"At this time, the UAR would like to ask the other delegates, but most specifically the Japanese delegation, for a concise status report on their ongoing disputes, so that we may move forward with a more proper vote for full membership in the near future. Amur has not forgotten Japan's backing in the war with Siberians, we just look for the few loose ends to be tied up first."

"Currently we are in a dispute with the Indian Ocean Comission over our holdings within the Indian Ocean, and have been threatened to remove ourselves from Christmas Island most notably, which we refuse to do so on the grounds of we are going to remain an nation with intimate ties to the Indian Ocean regardless of those islands, since the Malaccan Strait and Sumatra will still be under Imperium control. Of the three members of the IOC, only Persia has said a word regarding these islands, and Novak was in a conference with us regarding the Indian Ocean, so we believe that any problems they may have had they would have shared during this meeting. Persia is also currently blockading us from the Indian Ocean. This is the only dispute we are currently aware of having.

As far as potential future disputes, we have some reservations regarding the splintering of Snow Haven, and dislike that French Lands may fall under Italian control, but we believe this will be resolved amicably by European powers, as our ally France has many allies of her own even without the Imperium's assistance. France is more than likely the only cause the Imperium would have for war upon foreign soil, as our ally in Tikal does not involve themselves in western squabbles, and the Great Lakes Republic has the entirety of Africa to defend them, though we would assist either them if required, it's unlikely that will happen in the current state of affairs. I have no issues answering further questions if you have them."