South East Asian Treaty Organization (SEATO) Communications and Meetings

Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: I believe Rotavele is getting wiped for some stuff, so that should be unanimous consent for Kingswell.

IC:

"The UAR will vote in favor of the nuclear testing restrictions. Knowledge of certain types of terrain could be beneficial for analysis of effect, but we believe the feasibility of a weapon can be determined from underground testing. This should always be viewed as beneficial for effects on the environment from excess radiation, especially considering the widespread proliferation of nuclear weapons and nations performing tests, can have adverse effects on biological ecosystems necessary to support life on this planet."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would like to hear if any of you had any suggestions on what to do with the Tongzhi. It seems their civil conflict has resulted in decapitation of both forces. It's pretty much chaos with people just fighting for whatever cause they believe in at this point. My forces are having difficulty keeping the conflict from spreading into the neighboring protectorate due to family affiliations."

Amur would be willing to commit a peacekeeping force to the former Tongzhi. These sort of things are very tricky to deal with, but we would suggest dividing the area into subsets corresponding to the areas for each faction. It may not be full proof, but it should at the very least provide short term appeasement and de-escalation. This way, each administration in the protectorate will correspond to the controlled territory of each faction and with no solid governmental organizations for the entirety of the nation at this time, this plan could act as a potential bit of closure for combatants.

"My soldiers in the south are on alert with situation brewing between Shanghai and Japan over Macau but I should be able to send troops down there as well if you really need me to. Right now I am more worried about Japan taking over big areas of the mainland but can send 10 to 20,000 troops down there to help you out as well if you really need it."

While we originally had only part of the Malay peninsula under Druk Yul only protection, it seems wiser to have all of us play some role in stabilizing the region. I'm turning the entire anarchy area in the Malay peninsula into a joint protectorate. We will keep a troop schedule rotation based on the ratio of the size of our forces to spread out the management duties.

I recommend persistent peace-keeping staffing of 50,000 troops until the people there calm and formalize a new government.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Whether they were needed or not Emperor Jesse would send 10,000-20,000 troops to help keep the former Tongzhi territory secure. He continued to think about all the Asian governments that have been falling and could tell what MHC was trying to do. "The MHC are trying to take out SEATO by destroying all of our governments. Sooner or later we will be able to track down their leaders and when we do the true battles shall begin."

eotW8zS.png

OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF REQUEST FOR SOVEREIGNTY

In binding with the following documents, The Nation of Tongzhi does hereby request re-admittance into the SEATO as a sovereign state once more.

Transitional Government Structure

Head of State: Nguy Tham

Head Minister of the Parliament: Trieu Huu Nguyen

Minister of Defense: Ha Van Lanh

Minister of Economic Affairs: Tieu Manh Chien

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Troung Xuan Dien

Minister of Domestic Affairs: Tieu Hong Hanh

Transitional Government Outline

Head of State

The Head of State is considered 1/3 of the government, 200 Parliament Members are the other 2/3. 

Parliament

Shall the Parliament vote something into legislation at 50%, The Head of State must approve it before passed into law. If Parliament votes 60% or above, the law is considered to the head of State. The head of state may revise the bill and send it back, but can not reject it. The legislation enters a gridlock state. If the legislation is approved 70% or above, the Parliament may bypass the Head of State.

Minister of Defense

Manages defensive and offensive forces. The Minister has 3 deputies which administer the branches of the defense forces.

Minister of Economic Affairs

The deputies for this position manage each sector and the Minister oversees his deputies.

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Administers Diplomats and Ambassadors to foreign states.

Minister of Domestic Affairs

Manages and Administers deputies for all forms of homeland and internal affairs.

Edited by Beauty

"It has come to our attention that SEATO and the Imperium share the same enemy, agents working for an unknown organization are working against Shanghai were responsible for a false flag operation which led to us moving against them in what we believed to be self defense, while the details of a peace settlement have yet to be worked out, I would like to attend the SEATO council personally and discuss the Imperium's role in Asia and work towards further cooperation with our neighbors, we have been quiet towards our neighbors in the belief that they are working against the Imperium, but now with my smaller council now free of outside Influences I can see that we share similar goals, simply different methods of reaching them.

-Empress Hoshiko

Druk Yul would step up security on the Russian Border and call an emergency council meeting to discuss the situation with Russia.

"The fact it only took a few terrorists to undermine the Russian Government has me quite concerned. How do the rest of you feel we should react?"

Jesse was still in Macau trying to get a peaceful resolution to the war so Mei would be at the SEATO summit in his place. The Russian Empress had went against the MHC when she killed her father and took his place so they were not happy. They were unable to manipulate her like they did with her father so they decided to overthrow her. Whether they had killed the Empress or not remained to be seen but they had at least succeeded in overthrowing the government. "Jesse is hot on the MHC's trail and this is proof that they are getting more and more desperate with each passing day. The Russian Empress has called for our aid and although we may not have gotten along with her in the past we still need to help her now. We have tried to contact her again but have not gotten through so she may be dead but even then we still need to help the Russian people beat back these terrorists."

Shou Tanaka would be the Imperium Foreign Affairs representative chosen, the Empress and MoFA currently distracted, he had been given a list of points to hit and been studying the situation carefully. News of the rogue general had not gotten out but it was of incredible concern to him due to the apparent inability of the Imperium Internal Intelligence to actually uncover the fact he had been working with a terrorist organization. From what little he had managed to hear though, anyone else considering betraying the Empress would have to decide whether or not a gruesome death was worth it.

"I will be serving as liason until a more formal agreement can be reached, even if the request to join the bloc is denied we would like a permanent presence, perhaps some type of observer status, due to our obvious shared continent, it simply makes sense for us to be in communication to ensure another plot like this cannot happen again. While not all of the information has been provided to me as the Empress's investigation is still ongoing. It appears that a rogue element within our military launched a false flag operation upon Shanghai, allegedly with the intention to provoke the Imperium into assassinating the Shanghai leadership, potentially his plans consisted of multiple scenarios up to launching another nuclear strike upon China.

While I personally do not fully understand his reasoning for doing so, the terrorist organization apparently should be well known to the Shanghai government, currently Public Security is carefully investigating every single member of our military leadership, as well as those part of the cabinet. While the Imperium cannot say for certain that we will find any other spies in our midst, the Empress has told me that they will be handed over to Shanghai to be dealt with as they see fit."

He would pause for a moment, briefly considering the gravity of his words.

"As it currently stands, the Imperium has maintained poor communication with its surrounding neighbors, our actions have appeared erratic and without motive to others, and the Empress has realized we need to change that. This terrorist group has given us pause, and made us realize that a threat to one Asian nation is a threat to all of them. While we have worked with SEATO on multiple occasions, it is a biting irony that the very joint actions we have participated in together have been partially to blame for our withdrawn behavior as of late. The peace agreement we had made with the Russian Empire was broken and left our government questioning what the value of any document between nations was, if they may be so easily broken. Inherently we have a mistrusting culture, especially of neighbors, those we have extended a hand of friendship towards have attacked us in the example of the Twin Chinas, or have made us out to be Orwellian caricatures.

I will not pretend we have been perfect neighbors to you all, but this farce that led us to attacking one of our Shanghai has given us reflection upon our actions and will mark a new chapter in the Imperium's diplomacy and communication with the outside world. joining SEATO will ensure we will have a place to speak frankly and forthright with those who surround us, as well provide a chance to prove our willingness to cooperate with all those who wish to cooperate with us. We recently had a dispute with Africa over islands in the South Indian Ocean, that we resolved with them through diplomacy peacefully once our reasoning to be within the region had collapsed. If you have any questions about our recent actions, please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability, and any I cannot, the Empress has stated she will visit once she is finished in Macau."

##In reply to Japan:

"Druk Yul would like to see Japan as a SEATO member but we also have joint concern with our Indian Ocean Commission partners that will need to be addresed before we can continue forward with a SEATO admission.. and might also be serving to stall consideration among the Indian Ocean Commission. You are currently in dispute with Persia over the status of the Christmas Islands. We have seen troop movements on those islands and the apparent evacuation of civillians though our Satellite Intelligence systems haven't been able to definitely ascertain this. It is as if you are preparing for battle there. Your past diplomatic actions have occasionally come across to us as delays in order to allow for tactical maneuvers and we are concerned this may be a repeat. We think you should halt the build up, note that I did not say to withdraw, and to hold a very frank conversation with the IOC and Persia in particular directly about what is to be defined as the boundary between Pacific and Indian Ocean Regions and Japan's rightful claims to regional influence."

"I wish to further note, that other than both Japan.. despite recent misunderstandings.. and Persia being both our friends that we have no interest in this dispute other than we do have concerns for how Japan operates the straits of Malacca as do our Persian partners. We would like to formalize agreements with Japan, not just have it as an internal Japanese policy, on what occasions and to whom it would be considered internationally appropriate to close those straits. If Japan has concerns for its safety we need to establish formal policy among all parties as to how naval traffic both military nad commercial is handled and what is considered safe and unsafe distances for the transit of military traffic that are mutually agreed to and affect all parties. The problem I seem to be having is getting Japan and Persia to speak directly." Yun Li would sigh, removing his reading glasses and clean the lenses. "It's been quite frustrating."

"I do not believe that we should declare protectorate status over the former Russian Empire as a bloc. If Druk Yul wished to declare its own, that we would understand, but you are the only nation that we would say has a sphere of influence around the former Russian Empire."

"I understand." Yun like then looked over to Mei, "What do you suggest we do then to assist the Russian People? I'm not anxious to protectorate the north lands. Your strike team perhaps could try to take out the terror cell?" Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Dear friends and allies. We ask all non-Druk Yul forces in the Thailand protectorate to withdraw from the Prachaup Khiri Khan region. We are in the process of of working with local governors to annex that specific province for strategic reasons. We are going to build a canal between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific to facilitate the economic and strategic development of the Asian region. The demands this will have on local infrastructure and security forces will be significant. The logistical demands mean we must take direct control of the region in order to get the canal constructed.Once completed the canal will be open to anyone with which Druk Yul is not at war.

"From our perspective, allegedly half of the IOC was not informed of the threat against us, which makes us believe it has nothing to do with the bloc and everything to do with Persia in particular. Less than 100 civilians have elected to leave the island, and we simply gave them the option based upon the threat that was made to us to leave them, something we do not consider to be an option. The Imperium has been in the East Indian for longer than any of the nations that make up the IOC have existed, and we have made overtures to reach out to all of those surrounding the Indian. You can take the silence we have received from both the African League and the IOC as whatever you'd like, but we consider it to be evidence neither group wishes to work with us, and instead wishes for negative relations with us.

We have made multiple requests to Persia to hold a meeting, it is highly illogical us to travel to a hostile nation who chooses to ignore our requests. If you can get Persia to agree to a meeting that is not simply us being threatened out of our rightful place as a responsible Indian Ocean power then it is unlikely that there will be a resolution. We have considered the South and East China seas to be territorial waters to us for the past two decades and have no intentions of changing that. I strongly believe that had we done the same behavior that Persia had attempted towards them, by sending a fleet into the Persian GulF as an attempt at the prefall world of carrier diplomacy, they would have not simply stopped us and begun firing upon us. We do not believe the idea of permitting those who do not wish to hold formal relations in such a strategically important waterway would be wise, especially after the random strike against us by the Nords. Our policy is simple, those who wish to live in peace with us will be unfettered even when the Imperium itself is at war, those who do not wish to hold relations with us will not be allowed into our waters during war time as a security precaution. We have never stopped commercial traffic within our waters nor would we have a reason to unless they contained weapons for our enemies."