Limitless Nexus Clarification of Policy

As a practical matter, because at some point he's going to be able to buy and shoot nukes and land them against nations that don't have SDI?

No one respects white knights around here, and from the sound of it, we have another case of someone who went the white knight route without all the facts.  It's in everyone's interest I think that this get wrapped up fairly soon.

Resolution is under way, on a pace to be determined but not likely to be unduly swift.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a practical matter, because at some point he's going to be able to buy and shoot nukes and land them against nations that don't have SDI?

No one respects white knights around here, and from the sound of it, we have another case of someone who went the white knight route without all the facts.  It's in everyone's interest I think that this get wrapped up fairly soon.

Sure he may be able to at some point; but that's part of their military actions against him in this current situation - to put effort to make sure he couldn't. And then enter Methrage from nowhere. And then Kashmir is expected to just stop everything because he said so ..

If Valhalla was in the process of attacking a nuclear rogue, and the wars were only a couple days inactive, and then I came in out of the blue and said "ok stop, this nation is mine now and you can't do anything about it. I like Valhalla and I respect you and because of this I expect that you will drop everything and just give him to me. I'll give you money." And then each time you say no, I keep saying it back at you. And back at you. And back at you. At what point did I have any right to step on your toes and interject myself in such a way? Is it going to matter to you and Valhalla that, practically speaking, he might get nuclear again? It would be the very factor that you would insist upon chasing him through for - especially in light of his threats to continue attacks as soon as he's able to.

Of course, considering our past Kaskus situation, I think it's a clear sign of how I feel about alliances harbouring listed rogues ...

It's really only in Methrage and Stoney's interest it gets wrapped up soon. If it wasn't for Methrage creating this forum debacle to chase down Rey, no one would even know or care how long Kashmir was attacking Stoney for ... Edited by Rayvon

Resolution is under way, on a pace to be determined but not likely to be unduly swift.

Your fight, your timetable, but given Meth's history, I'd not approach it as a "we must ZI him!" thing because principle will probably cost you more than hassle than it's worth.

Sure he may be able to at some point; but that's part of their military actions against him in this current situation - to put effort to make sure he couldn't. And then enter Methrage from nowhere. And then Kashmir is expected to just stop everything because he said so ..

If Valhalla was in the process of attacking a nuclear rogue, and the wars were only a couple days inactive, and then I came in out of the blue and said "ok stop, this nation is mine now and you can't do anything about it. I like Valhalla and I respect you and because of this I expect that you will drop everything and just give him to me. I'll give you money." And then each time you say no, I keep saying it back at you. And back at you. And back at you. At what point did I have any right to step on your toes and interject myself in such a way? Is it going to matter to you and Valhalla that, practically speaking, he might get nuclear again? It would be the very factor that you would insist upon chasing him through for - especially in light of his threats to continue attacks as soon as he's able to.

Of course, considering our past Kaskus situation, I think it's a clear sign of how I feel about alliances harbouring listed rogues ...

It's really only in Methrage and Stoney's interest it gets wrapped up soon. If it wasn't for Methrage creating this forum debacle to chase down Rey, no one would even know or care how long Kashmir was attacking Stoney for ...

I'm not completely disagreeing with you here, and as I said, no one respects a white knight.  But this isn't Rota we're talking about here.  I'm only giving friendly advice.

I hear you, ChairmanHal-- it is precisely Meth's history that informs our principled march to the sea, here.  Ours be the fury that hell hath no, to mangle a Jack Sparrow-ism.

Your fight, your timetable, but given Meth's history, I'd not approach it as a "we must ZI him!" thing because principle will probably cost you more than hassle than it's worth.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you here, and as I said, no one respects a white knight.  But this isn't Rota we're talking about here.  I'm only giving friendly advice.

"I appreciate the advice, I realize I use more words than necessary in many of my posts and they could be improved if more concise. So I do see the truth in what you're saying."