Void Player Votes [CNRP2]

Lysergide

Veto Votes/Suspend 50K nations  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You made a lot of good points in your post, but this is not one of them. If you won't vote for yourself, why should anyone else vote for you? It seems to me that you don't actually want to be in the RP, but rather want to be able to point at us as exclusionary. In which case I don't feel sorry for you. You're right - this vote has had nothing to do with whether or not people were actually good for the community, or were good RPers, but rather the entire thing turned out to be a way for some members of the CNRP clique to exclude two people they have grudges with.

I am not voting for myself, because I'd feel it pitiful if I had to vote myself in to make it. I'm happy RPing the Republic of China (even when it gets nuked), and I am willing to do my part on not breaking the community, but I feel that when it's really just my vote keeping me in, that's a sign and then I personally say, screw it. I got to be part of clique-based conflicts in the past, in RPs and outside. If we really go down that route, would I really want to be part of it? Especially with the ominous honour of being pretty much the one to get most of the grievances arrayed against me? It's not that I want to be out (could've voted no), but I want to be in on a solid basis, and not at all costs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not voting for myself, because I'd feel it pitiful if I had to vote myself in to make it. I'm happy RPing the Republic of China (even when it gets nuked), and I am willing to do my part on not breaking the community, but I feel that when it's really just my vote keeping me in, that's a sign and then I personally say, screw it. I got to be part of clique-based conflicts in the past, in RPs and outside. If we really go down that route, would I really want to be part of it? Especially with the ominous honour of being pretty much the one to get most of the grievances arrayed against me? It's not that I want to be out (could've voted no), but I want to be in on a solid basis, and not at all costs.

The 66% majority is arbitrary, and your vote only matters in the context of 17 other people who also want you in the RP with us. You're precluding like 5% of the voting population of the RP from voting for you based on pride. Edited by Hereno

Lysergide stop talking as if you are speaking for the community as you are not. You are speaking for yourself also this should have only ever been by a simple majority not a two thirds. A simple majority vote would reveal whether or not most people wanted someone to stay or go.

In the end its all moot anyway as you can't actually ban people from taking part due to the rules of the Cybernations forums.

give full recognition to everybody regardless of size, and in the future have specific votes on individual members of the community as necessary, if enough players feel that their inclusion has destabilized or otherwise soured the RP.

This would be a very worthwhile discussion so long as it is based entirely on ic actions and applied to the entire community. 

The 66% majority is arbitrary, and your vote only matters in the context of 17 other people who also want you in the RP with us. You're precluding like 5% of the voting population of the RP from voting for you based on pride.

I guess I'm quite prideful, maybe even incredibly so. It might actually be my biggest flaw. But also, what fun would there be in there for me to stay in an RP where quite a good few people would rather vote me out than deal with me properly?

I guess I'm quite prideful, maybe even incredibly so. It might actually be my biggest flaw. But also, what fun would there be in there for me to stay in an RP where quite a good few people would rather vote me out than deal with me properly?

I ain't gonna beg you to stay. 

Stay, go, make up your mind. Either way, stop with the crocodile tears and carrying on about how you are some sort of victim. I didn't vote for or against you but I find the irony of your situation hilarious given the role you played with optional recognition being pushed in. 

I ain't gonna beg you to stay. 

Stay, go, make up your mind. Either way, stop with the crocodile tears and carrying on about how you are some sort of victim. I didn't vote for or against you but I find the irony of your situation hilarious given the role you played with optional recognition being pushed in. 

I am leaving, a decision I didn't change since yesterday evening, if you'd read my posts.

Also, I don't think you should claim to be have neither voted for nor against me.

Why should I make a new rp when I am sticking to the core values, something that you all seem to be forgetting. And if that really is the best reply you can come up with then you have no ground to stand upon to dictate anything.

This entire push had been made for the appeasement of a few, with out any long term thoughts of consequences and problems that would come into play from allowing ooc influences to control the actions and path for a community that had a set goal in mind for the protection and afforded comfort to allow small nations that wish to rp to do so in a venue that affords them rights and protection.

I don't want to disclude the larger nations forever, as we had goals of one day bringing them in on a case by case decision after we had already built our rules, regulations, and afforded the smallet nations with rights and protection from the larger nations, and allowed them protection from masses of larger nations changing the rules in the future by controllling the vote to benefit themselves.

This is entire thing had been a problem from day one.

Its never been a problem until you have made it a problem. we just voted out two players, and as far as I understand it, all new big nations who want to join are now on a case by case basis.

I dont see what the problem is, especially as you have been a contributing member for weeks now and have never had a problem with it until the 50kers voted to keep themselves in. Now even if you discounted those of us who voted to keep ourselves in, we all still managed to get voted in by a massive majority.

I have never been for allowing the 50K NS nations in, I have been against it, this RP was created with a select sizing of NS. I haven't been the most active in regards to what is going on and I missed a large portion of the fact that things were being effected by nations that were not members of the RP, but were allowed to RP optionally recognized nations. A discussion was started June 3rd, the last post was on June 5th, two days later voting goes into effect? Clearly time was given and thought process was put into the entire thing. This was rushed and pushed through. Thus there is a problem with it.

I have never been for allowing the 50K NS nations in, I have been against it, this RP was created with a select sizing of NS. I haven't been the most active in regards to what is going on and I missed a large portion of the fact that things were being effected by nations that were not members of the RP, but were allowed to RP optionally recognized nations. A discussion was started June 3rd, the last post was on June 5th, two days later voting goes into effect? Clearly time was given and thought process was put into the entire thing. This was rushed and pushed through. Thus there is a problem with it.

A week is a long time for ~30 people to make a decision about something unimportant as this RP. It only takes a few hours IRL for juries to sentence someone to prison time. Half the battle is showing up. If you want a say in the rules, show up to the party on time and not when everyone is cleaning up the next day. What do you expect to accomplish with this grandstanding on behalf of a general population who you claim to speak for while they disagree with you?