An Announcement from the Dark Templar

Bob

I'm increasingly beginning to think some of these DBDC types are like members of an isolated cult emerging into a larger society, ignorant of anything outside their little bubble...

This post exemplifies your lack of knowledge of DT, who we are and what we're about.  We don't exist in a bubble of our little pals, scared and aloof, trapped in hotel rooms afraid to venture out lest we be mobbed by over-zealous prepubescent teens.  We're not The Beatles, and this Beatlemania you guys are trying to foment on our behalf, or to our detriment, just stop it now.

That's not who we are.  We never aimed to be a sanctioned alliance.  We just slid into sanction status by virtue of not involving ourselves in the faggotry of this last 'GREAT WAR,'  if you want to call it that.  It was a war that didn't warrant our participation, although some of our friends jumped in.  So what? 

We're sanctioned today, although we never aimed for it.  We know as post-war rebuilding will eventually move us out of sanction status, we don't care.  Sanction status isn't, wasn't, and never has been a concern of the Dark Templar.  We don't care about that kind of shit.  We only care about honesty, integrity, and friendship.  Those are the only things we've ever cared about. 

Cheers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanction status isn't, wasn't, and never has been a concern of the Dark Templar.  We don't care about that kind of !@#$.  We only care about honesty, integrity, and friendship.  Those are the only things we've ever cared about.

Well said as always. The only thing DT cares about are our friends. We don't want to rule the world, we don't want to roll alliances, we don't start !@#$ - but we sure as hell finish it.

It is exactly that so called friends > infra philosophy which worries me. An empire ruled by a single man surrounded by numerous "friends" sounds like 2008 all over again. All friend > infra is is a justification for irresponsible political risks and leadership incompetence. It is a cop-out in case of defeat (herp de derp dont care lol).

Edited by Tywin Lannister

It is exactly that so called friends > infra philosophy which worries me. An empire ruled by a single man surrounded by numerous "friends" sounds like 2008 all over again. All friend > infra is is a justification for irresponsible political risks and leadership incompetence. It is a cop-out in case of defeat (herp de derp dont care lol).

Brother, if I could make that make sense, I would.  Please don't think I haven't tried.  :P

On a side note, just in case no one has ever noticed - The Dark Templar is made up of a lot of old school former alliance leaders, movers and shakers.  Players who shaped CN and made the world tremble.  We're not an alliance of babies and n00bz.  The vast majority of our members are history makers, just chilling as regular soldiers, retired country gentlemen.  Major players in CN, going back to day 1, who know how to handle a rifle. 

EDIT: rifle

Edited by mmansfield68

So it'd be preferable for no leaders or AAs to take risks, right? In this way we could achieve global stability, yes?

If nobody loses, then nobody wins or everybody wins? What's the point again? To keep things stable?

So it'd be preferable for no leaders or AAs to take risks, right? In this way we could achieve global stability, yes?

If nobody loses, then nobody wins or everybody wins? What's the point again? To keep things stable?

Your questions threaten stability.