United Nations General Assembly

Captain Enema

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With regards to the Kingdom of Serbia, it was decided to simply request Observer status while we look inward in order to better our people and country. In short, our attention and focus is aimed solely internally, with the barest of civil attention given to neighbors; like the newly formed Republic of Romania on our western borders, and the global community at large."

"The Cape has had her sovereignty violated by Draka, claiming our people are starving while we are attempting to create a mega project. There is no evidence to back up these claims, our people have been given jobs by this project, jobs that will last for the next half century. We welcome ask the UN to send observers to The Cape to ensure our people's health and security is not in question, and call for Draka's immediate withdrawal from our sovereign territory. We would also like to bring attention to a recent act passed by Draka that sheds light on their true intentions of this fabricated Casus Belli against our neutral nation, they wish to expand their borders and The Cape is merely a first step in allowing them to regain control of former South Africa."

Edited by Mogar

Sudan condemns the use of violence against the Cape, and supports a UN investigation to prove the claims of starvation. "If this is truly a humanitarian mission, then I must wonder why Draka did not ask the UN to investigate or intervene at any point. Why begin a humanitarian act with an act of war? Quite simply, it does not make sense. Sudan, as a neutral party, offers to send observers to the cape."

Edited by Uberstein

"The Athenian Federation would like to point out that the maintenance of peace is the exclusive domain of the Security Council initially, any measures taken can thus only be the result of a resolution passed by the Security Council and until discussion has passed debate in the General Assembly is improper" 

"Until the security council decides to act, Sudan will speak freely about what it sees as an act of undue aggression." The Sudanese delegate would pause to take a swig from their flask, "Besides, there's nothing else to talk about in here."

Edited by Uberstein

"The Athenian Federation would like to point out that the maintenance of peace is the exclusive domain of the Security Council initially, any measures taken can thus only be the result of a resolution passed by the Security Council and until discussion has passed debate in the General Assembly is improper" 

The General Assembly has every right to discuss any situation going on world wide at any time regardless of what the Security Council is currently deciding among themselves. In addition the General Assembly can pass on recommendations to the Security Council to be viewed and acted upon by them as they see fit. However, direct and indirect measures are fully under the domain of the Security Council. 

"Until the security council decides to act, Sudan will speak freely about what it sees as an act of undue aggression." The Sudanese delegate would pause to take a swig from their flask, "Besides, there's nothing else to talk about in here."

Members of the General Assembly may indeed discuss the developing situation and work out a General Assembly recommendation to be given to the Security Council however, as stated no measures may be taken without Security Council consent.

"Our people are being killed as we speak, a swift resolution is in the best interest of global stability."

Gabon believes a swift resolution would be in the best interests of global and local stability however, that does not mean it should be rushed as this could prove to worsen the situation. 

"Then why has Draka taken it upon themselves to act on your behalf? If it is the result of a Security Council discussion, then surely a member of the Security Council should come forward and explain why this is being done."

The Security Council will act as they see fit and it would be best if we did not judge their decisions. The best course of action is to discuss the situation and send our recommendations to the Security Council. 

"The Gabonese Representative may choose to blindly follow what is said by others, but we see no reason to do that, especially considering the sovereignty and lives of a people are at stake, and those on the 'Security' Council have been showing themselves to be proponents of aggression as of late."

We do not blindly follow what is being said by others and have shown no sign that we will or do so. I suggest that you conduct yourself in an orderly and polite manner here. Regardless of people's thoughts on the members of the Security Council the General Assembly can not directly influence or go against them. If you wish to do so as a singular nation then you have that right but do not do so in the name of the General Assembly. 

"We would like to reiterate our calls for a UN investigation into the farce of a CB laid out against us, Draken forces have allowed for a cease fire to remove Gabon Citizens, and this provides a basis for UN observers to land and see with their own eyes there is no starvation in our city."

"When are we going to vote for some of the nonpermanent security counsel members?"

I am afraid you will have to ask the permanent security council members about that. Though I could inquire for you.

On to other matters after some time it appears the Gabon representative, that being myself has gotten the most votes and I feel that at this time we should declare myself the winner of this election. I do thank my Nordic, fellow General Assembly member for standing up for the position and hope you will retain your current position as well.

Now as we have many members of the General Assembly against the Dominion of Draka actions in South Africa I feel we should carry out a vote for sending a recommendation to the Security Council to step in as a peace keeping force and to end hostilities and work out the situation to a peaceful resolution. All those in favor please state aye and all those against please state nay.   

Edited by Kevin Kingswell