An Announcement from The Phoenix Federation

Roadie

Yes, TPF using Karma as a front for Operation Crucify Ourselves to Look Really Good is a valiant history of going to war. If we're talking distant history war records, let's examine the fact that TPF wanted to get out of UjW early to avoid getting rolled (prior to the excuse they used to get out)

That particular action hasn't been duplicated by us since and is generally considered both bad policy and poor taste. I admit though, if we were to ever find ourselves in the unfortunate situation of being allied to you, I might make an exception.

Enough of the fun stuff. Since this is an FA related thread and you raise the UjW issue, I figure this is as good a place as any to sound my thoughts on that. 

First a bit of background though. The OOC attack presented a serviceable reason (excuse) to get out of that war and it was taken. It wasn't just that war Slayer was looking to get out of though, he also wanted out of UjP. He joined it for the purpose of rolling Polar and once it became clear that UjP was Amateur Night, Slayer realized it wasn't going to happen. Going around and asking people for MDPs on first contact is a good indicator of bad governance. Slayer decided he wanted out of UjP when he saw what he was working with, not when war came.

With that out of the way, I'll get to the point. I was entirely clueless about politics at the time of UjW. I didn't even know politics existed back then. Looking back on it though, UjP is to me is a useful example of different approaches to FA. There was the TPF approach, signing a treaty for no reason other than to try to roll an alliance. An approach disregarded afterward once it became obvious how effective that is. The other approach though may be the single shining example of how we all would like foreign policy to play out. There was much greater similarity between other alliances in UjP. and,if we give credence to the statements from DH's detractors when they say that GOONS is GOONS and Umbrella is Genmay, it was the single most successful example of foreign policy in history.  

e: I just realized there's a TL;DR in all this

Signing treaties cuz "Roll Polar" isn't a good idea.

Edited by Roadie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to point out that it was the Devil incarnate China Town Bus, aka VO, aka Venerable Oriental  who actually took us to war in the uJp. LOL Slayer slept thru the opening round. (really). Also if you're out there somewhere VO..... hello.

Neo, how about you go through all the wars that TPF has ever been in and figure up the percentage of how long we've been involved in those wars, compared to how long those wars lasted. If you do that I'd kinda appreciate it, it would be some good propaganda. Include all your data as well if you don't mind.

Most people involved in wars are involved in them for a good portion, not sure how relevant that is.  The fact remains that TPF is using past wars, wars that were fought before a good portion of the nations around today existed, to prove that they are not cowards. In the same distant history, TPF has also shied away from war when it was apparent they were not going to achieve victory. Hell, mhawk had to split for TPF to even think of defending NPO in Karma.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Most people involved in wars are involved in them for a good portion, not sure how relevant that is.  The fact remains that TPF is using past wars, wars that were fought before a good portion of the nations around today existed, to prove that they are not cowards. In the same distant history, TPF has also shied away from war when it was apparent they were not going to achieve victory. Hell, mhawk had to split for TPF to even think of defending NPO in Karma.

Wasn't it you that first brought up Unjust War? And it was you that brought up how relevant prolonged wars are...

The point was that there was a claim that TPF are unafraid to lose a war, which dates back to 2011 at the latest. The last prolonged (at least, really prolonged) war TPF fought would be 2009. If we're doing distant history as a judgement, then they can be cowards for UjW as well.

The point is that we have a history of war... That can't really be denied. Your newest argument is that we "shied away from from war," and your defense for that argument is the Karma War. But we fought longer than we needed to in that war, we fought beyond the end of that war. You're not very good at this are you?

You should step back and take a deep breath son, you're trying way too hard.