Merger Announcement

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, Skia say War Doves wanted us destroyed and War Doves pretty much just said the same. If you chose the war then my god please don't talk about 'cowardice'

and, Kaboom is busy with RL atm so his actions were the opposite, he chose to destroy his own stuff so that you gain less.

And by fun war, I'm assuming you mean Hellas' usual... We see an easy ride?
And before you speak about Kaboom, you should also know... before we hit War Doves, Hellas was the target and that only changed because Kaboom had respect for your guys.

First of all, Inst doesn't speak for me or my AA. He came to me wanting us to hit you. I never said I wanted you destroyed. I said you left us no choice when you hit us after the TPC war. Both of our AA's weren't done rebuilding, and both AA's had shit warchests. After we got done warring for a week no other AA would be in range to hit, and that proved to be true. We're just continuing on the road you set forth. I don't like it, but there's not much else to do.

First of all, Inst doesn't speak for me or my AA. He came to me wanting us to hit you. I never said I wanted you destroyed. I said you left us no choice when you hit us after the TPC war. Both of our AA's weren't done rebuilding, and both AA's had shit warchests. After we got done warring for a week no other AA would be in range to hit, and that proved to be true. We're just continuing on the road you set forth. I don't like it, but there's not much else to do.

This would explain why Inst hasn't bothered defending Skia on here then?
Yes, both of us were still mass rebuilding, which is why I think it was a d***ish move from Hellas and NDO to hit us.... There is, RE and OP around their NS range or eachother, but they chose us.... I don't blame War Doves for this, we hit you, you were invited to hit us back(we would all accept that offer) Edited by EddyH

See, Skia say War Doves wanted us destroyed and War Doves pretty much just said the same. If you chose the war then my god please don't talk about 'cowardice'

and, Kaboom is busy with RL atm so his actions were the opposite, he chose to destroy his own stuff so that you gain less.

And by fun war, I'm assuming you mean Hellas' usual... We see an easy ride?
And before you speak about Kaboom, you should also know... before we hit War Doves, Hellas was the target and that only changed because Kaboom had respect for your guys.

I chose the war and am I freaking complaining about it AT ALL? No, I'm having fun with Clash, MP and Knights. Yep I'm the coward, I put myself to target the 3/4 of the top guys in the war, a CIA and a WRC. (Which Clash and Knights both got SDIs after the war started) Keep calling me the coward, but I have never got scared in war. You can ask almost any alliance, I've killed my nation by declaring complete insane wars when we got declared on to protect my members, I can remember vividly what a downdeclare feels like, TPC has done it before on us (Probably deserved it too :P) Cath has done it (but later peaced because of the seriousness of the actual downdeclare) This isn't a downdeclare, or I'm fairly certain there would be other alliances claiming that is it, is Clash even complaining? No. 

Kaboom destroying his stuff so my guy that's on him can destroy your other members a little bit more? I wasn't around for the war against SO either, but damn your leader can hardly keep his nation running, didn't he reroll this round?

This would explain why Inst hasn't bothered defending Skia on here then?
Yes, both of us were still mass rebuilding, which is why I think it was a d***ish move from Hellas and NDO to hit us.... There is, RE and OP around their NS range or eachother, but they chose us.... I don't blame War Doves for this, we hit you, you were invited to hit us back(we would all accept that offer)

Damn dude, you understand you were 11 days out of war? That is an acceptable declare date, anything under 8 days is usually bad. Remember, we in NDO and Hellas aren't really even warring you guys, we are mostly hitting Warriors, you seem to forget about them A LOT. Now prove to me again on how it was such a downdeclare? If you take out the inactives on both sides (NDO had some major ones around 6K and 9K) BUT Misfits and Warriors both had 10 guys inactive all under 5K and most of them 2-1K NS. Take out all of them, and the ANS is almost even. 

We didn't hit RE and OP because, first of all RE is 80 Nukes ahead of Hellas and 4K ANS above us. OP is friends of Hellas and newsflash, we haven't warred in what, 4 rounds?

I chose the war and am I freaking complaining about it AT ALL? No, I'm having fun with Clash, MP and Knights. Yep I'm the coward, I put myself to target the 3/4 of the top guys in the war, a CIA and a WRC. (Which Clash and Knights both got SDIs after the war started) Keep calling me the coward, but I have never got scared in war. You can ask almost any alliance, I've killed my nation by declaring complete insane wars when we got declared on to protect my members, I can remember vividly what a downdeclare feels like, TPC has done it before on us (Probably deserved it too :P) Cath has done it (but later peaced because of the seriousness of the actual downdeclare) This isn't a downdeclare, or I'm fairly certain there would be other alliances claiming that is it, is Clash even complaining? No. 

Kaboom destroying his stuff so my guy that's on him can destroy your other members a little bit more? I wasn't around for the war against SO either, but damn your leader can hardly keep his nation running, didn't he reroll this round?

Damn dude, you understand you were 11 days out of war? That is an acceptable declare date, anything under 8 days is usually bad. Remember, we in NDO and Hellas aren't really even warring you guys, we are mostly hitting Warriors, you seem to forget about them A LOT. Now prove to me again on how it was such a downdeclare? If you take out the inactives on both sides (NDO had some major ones around 6K and 9K) BUT Misfits and Warriors both had 10 guys inactive all under 5K and most of them 2-1K NS. Take out all of them, and the ANS is almost even. 

We didn't hit RE and OP because, first of all RE is 80 Nukes ahead of Hellas and 4K ANS above us. OP is friends of Hellas and newsflash, we haven't warred in what, 4 rounds?

Did I mention your battle skills? Your entire war plans are cowardice... We have been in wars that have been won and lost and never once complained until now, the whole weasel shit behind this is unreal! Skia say War Doves wanted it, War Doves say Skia wanted and you say Hellas wanted it.... You suicide and yet think it is acceptable to slate my leaders actions? Do your eyes work? He is not active enough atm to do anything, so yes, it is more common sense to stop the enemy from gaining.

Yes, Warriors have a lot of active wars, We appreciate the Warriors efforts as do they appreciate ours..... We probably have more active wars just now than your entire war count for the round, so please just don't go there.
11 days, yes, but 10 of those days were hard spent on rebuilding you know? Something your alliance has had a months advantage on.

There is no denying that you have done this for an easy war, you know our warchests are weak compared with others.

RE have a 4k ans advantage on you? But you find it acceptable to hit an alliance with half your ans? Edited by EddyH

They were NOT protected.

All of a sudden I'm getting messages about it in-game, having to post at this stupid place and generally use my real time on things I'd rather not throw it away on. It ticks me off even more that they did such a thing then turned about and attacked the alliances they lied about. The attack isn't such a big thing - the BS part damn well is. Yeah, I don't think it's a very funny joke at all. Now I see why SO felt the need to kill Mume so much. They deserved it.

Right? Specify Other was merely leading a righteous vanguard.

You're (all) welcome, by the way.

First off i have nothing but respect for Bomb & Hellas and it's TE so shizt happens but i disagree with

this statement.

Dude lets just have some fun! The stats were even in the upper tiers, the only reason we are beating y'all is 'cause we got the first shot.

How can this statement be true mate when you have the top tier from these alliances;  NDO, Hellas, War Doves and Skia and the time to stockplile nukes and warchest with out need to rebuild (Warrior just finished big war with Citadel and alot of nuke we're used up there). I have no problem with this war or timing involved but give us some credit for fighting behind the 8ball in this war. 

Y'know I wouldn't even be here posting right now if it weren't for the previously mentioned stupid crap. Since I gotta, might well keep it up. It's not like this war was a massive down declare or anything ridiculous like that, certainly our attackers aren't in the same league as Citadel, by far the most egregious of all down-declarers of the last however many rounds you want to go back in TE history. Since I do have to post here, I will say it how it is.

First off i have nothing but respect for Bomb & Hellas and it's TE so shizt happens but i disagree with

this statement.

How can this statement be true mate when you have the top tier from these alliances;  NDO, Hellas, War Doves and Skia and the time to stockplile nukes and warchest with out need to rebuild (Warrior just finished big war with Citadel and alot of nuke we're used up there). I have no problem with this war or timing involved but give us some credit for fighting behind the 8ball in this war. 

^This. GetaBeer deserves several beers.

As I've said the nukes and avg NS are the biggest tells of war equity. From WD's numbers:

NDO + Hellas + War Doves: Average NS: 7,498, Total Nukes: 90

Warriors + Misfits: Average NS: 6,723, Total Nukes: 92

That doesn't look too bad.

Those numbers do not include Skia's however, and even NOW their avg ns is about 10,000. They had plenty of nukes as well. Skia added in means about 1000ans more, more nuke nations, many more nukes, etc. So while it's not a massive down declare or anything, let's not pretend it was a straight up even war either. Use the post-blitz attack numbers, and it's worse of course, that goes without saying.

If you want to get fancy though, look at the tiers and start at the top:

NDO + Hellas + WD Infra Stats:
4,000+ - 1
3,500 - 3,900 - 0
3,000 - 3,400 - 6
2,500 - 2,900 - 5

Tot: 12

Again, not including Skia.

Warriors + Misfits Infra Stats:
4,000+ - 0
3,500 - 3,900 - 1
3,000 - 3,400 - 3
2,500 - 2,900 - 3

Tot: 7

Y'all attacked in groups of 3 attacking 3, so start at the top and work your way down. Nearly every group of three was a significant down declare on whoever they collectively hit. It's only when you get down towards the bottom are going to see even wars or possible updeclares.

Again, I wouldn't be here pointing this stuff out if I didn't have to come here and talk about the previously mentioned stupid bullshit (which still rather pisses me off btw.) Since I apparently have to be here anyways, well, there it is. As far as wars we get declared on us, it's about average. As far as Hellas goes across their history, it's better than most of the wars they declare. So no huge complaints from us. After the Citadel debacle, this is easy.

I'm just saying don't go breaking arms patting yourselves on your backs.

I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the cool peeps, and prop where props are earned.

Bomb is a pretty decent fellow, and I've probably gotten to know him better this war than in the many previous times we've warred against each other. I kinda get the feeling he doesn't have enough help over there in Hellas these days, so wtg bro on what you do. He really doesn't duck anyone, and while not an absolute top tier war-er, he's a lot better than average and several orders of magnitude better than Swazz. Hehe.

Dajobo I haven't warred against in a long time, and I've forgotten what a good dude he is. He trades witty repartee, he shows good knowledge of the game, he gives it his best every time. We've shared our dislike of turtles and our shared love of turtle soup. Good fellow.

Ghostwolf hasn't been as social as I'd like him to be, but show him respect for being the exception to the rule of attackers in any average war. I think he updeclared by a legit margin this war, other bigger nations could have had his spot against our top nations. It's amazing how few people are willing to risk their pixels like he has. He also had by far the worst warchest of our group too LOL.

A special shout out to CaveJohnson, who I'm not warring this war but I've still traded a couple messages with. That guy right there is a very good war-er and a straight-up top tier all-around good dude. Another to Garion, just cause he rocks. Hey Garion! Hellas should be honored to have both of them.

The ruler known in game as DipxHitman has been simply awesome to work with. My guys are talking about how hard the Misfits are working on war coordination, as an alliance they have generally been great to work with. We could not have asked for a better attitude in any group of war partners.

Politics and bullshit aside, it's been a pretty fun war and overall our nations are enjoying it immensely :awesome:

Edited by Clash

You honestly have to be kidding me. First of all, the stats have proven otherwise. 

Making enemies has never been anyone's goal or most likely not anyone's goal. And how do you know how this war was planned and created? War Doves never did ask Hellas or NDO to go to war with Misfits. Quite the contrary actually, I saw an opportunity to have a huge, awesome, fun war and I took it. If you are going to blame any alliance of the ones fighting you, blame Hellas. We were only doing the objective of TE to have FUN, but if you do not see it that way then good for you, we will be waiting. If we are curbstomping your nations, then you should train them better, but every alliance in this game has been curbstomped for whatever reason, its a common occurrence in TE. 

All I can say is cowardice as well, your own leader destroyed around 1000 Infra just because of 1 of my guys hitting him and hasn't even returned CMs! I wouldn't talk all big until you guys can grow up and actually fight especially your leader. Have you seen ANY alliance leader do that? Who the hell would follow a coward into battle when all he is going to do is get other people to take the damage for him? 

Considering I didn't expect some pathetic down declare I had not a dime to my nation. So why should I bother letting your member enjoy a raid. Do me a solid, make a fair war with misfits before my nation comes out of your mouth again.

Heh.

If we were looking at an easy war, you should find this understandable because we had gotten curbstomped by Specify Other twice earlier this round; the first time, getting paired with a training alliance and with our pants down, the second time, getting attacked only 5 days after the last war and getting nuked while not holding nukes ourselves. When we attempted to counter Specify Other, SO made the deliberate effort to declare nukers on our non-nuclear nations and make our re-building even harder. Skia currently has about 7 members, out of an original deployment of 18 members. There is a reason for this. If our war had failed, the alliance would most likely have to disband, and this time, for real and permanently.

The original plan was to go after Misfits with War Doves, and Samwise is correct, I originally proposed going after Misfits with War Doves; it would have been a fun war since at the time War Doves and Les Fleurs du Mal (this is the proper name of the alliance, I would ask that you call it by that name) would have been vaguely an up-declare against Misfits.

Bombuator ended up calling around a similar time to us, and he wanted me to help us attack Warriors instead. I suggested he talk to Samwise and for us to add Warriors into the requisite war, and we ended up putting NDO, Warriors, and Misfits into the same war.

===

As far as accusations of down-declares go, it was an ANS down-declare, a near-parity declare in total NS, and a . This is NGW's post, where he lists the pre-war stats

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/117879-merger-announcement/#entry3156585

The stats NGW should have included as well should have been infra levels, and when I had originally recorded the data, Warriors + Misfits had an infra level, according to my calculations, having about 120-129k infra total, while our side had only 110k infra total. So it was an infra updeclare, and our blitz was screwed up with only 17% of Warriors and Misfits being sent into anarchy at the time.

===

With regards to the Protectorate crap; I thought it would have been funny to falsely list Warriors as our protector at the time, especially since we were planning on hitting them in about 72 hours. I like these kinds of tricks and traps, but I don't intend to cause undue offense.

I would be fine if, say, Specify Other were stuck handling junk PMs asking about a protectorate agreement with LFDM 2 days before we launched an up-declare and smashed them, but I have no special beef with Warriors. You hit Hershey's alliance last round 3 days out of war, but honestly their first war was rather easy and most hostilities had ended 3 days after the war started.

I do note of course that in PM, after accusing you of not having a sense of fun and taking out the protectorate agreement, you said that you were okay and fine with me so this volte-face is a bit of a surprise.

[b]I'm hereby apologizing to you on mine and Skia's behalf for the fake protectorate agreement and if you want to discuss this further, I'm always on IRC and we can set a time.[/b]

With regards to Misfits, no formal protectorate agreement was made and our nations were instructed to ghost Misfits, not seek protection with Misfits, until we could find a time to reform.

I have worked together in the past with Misfits, and we have been collegial in the past. I am not wholly happy with the way you hit War Doves earlier this round (packing them in with third-rate alliances and focusing them instead of others). I thank you for allowing our members to ghost you at the time, and I acknowledge that it is a show of bad form to participate in this joint attack on your nations. [b]I acknowledge that I am at fault for the improprieties I am involved with by attacking you and I am apologizing for that.[/b] As with Warriors, if you ever want to talk this out, I am usually on IRC and I am willing to talk through these issues with you.

===

Paul... were you seriously considering raiding the remnants of Mume, an alliance that your friends in SO have rolled twice in not particularly an honorable fashion? FYI, you don't even need XP; you had enough wars to gain XP on all your nations, and we don't have substantial amounts of land. Is there some other issue I should be aware of?

I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the cool peeps, and prop where props are earned.

Bomb is a pretty decent fellow, and I've probably gotten to know him better this war than in the many previous times we've warred against each other. I kinda get the feeling he doesn't have enough help over there in Hellas these days, so wtg bro on what you do. He really doesn't duck anyone, and while not an absolute top tier war-er, he's a lot better than average and several orders of magnitude better than Swazz. Hehe.

Dajobo I haven't warred against in a long time, and I've forgotten what a good dude he is. He trades witty repartee, he shows good knowledge of the game, he gives it his best every time. We've shared our dislike of turtles and our shared love of turtle soup. Good fellow.

Ghostwolf hasn't been as social as I'd like him to be, but show him respect for being the exception to the rule of attackers in any average war. I think he updeclared by a legit margin this war, other bigger nations could have had his spot against our top nations. It's amazing how few people are willing to risk their pixels like he has. He also had by far the worst warchest of our group too LOL.

A special shout out to CaveJohnson, who I'm not warring this war but I've still traded a couple messages with. That guy right there is a very good war-er and a straight-up top tier all-around good dude. Another to Garion, just cause he rocks. Hey Garion! Hellas should be honored to have both of them.

The ruler known in game as DipxHitman has been simply awesome to work with. My guys are talking about how hard the Misfits are working on war coordination, as an alliance they have generally been great to work with. We could not have asked for a better attitude in any group of war partners.

Politics and bullshit aside, it's been a pretty fun war and overall our nations are enjoying it immensely :awesome:

<3

blah blah blah.....

Paul... were you seriously considering raiding the remnants of Mume, an alliance that your friends in SO have rolled twice in not particularly an honorable fashion? FYI, you don't even need XP; you had enough wars to gain XP on all your nations, and we don't have substantial amounts of land. Is there some other issue I should be aware of?

Your tears, they are delicious. You speak of honor but devote an entire essay to the subject of your skullduggery. Try harder.

Did I mention your battle skills? Your entire war plans are cowardice... We have been in wars that have been won and lost and never once complained until now, the whole weasel shit behind this is unreal! Skia say War Doves wanted it, War Doves say Skia wanted and you say Hellas wanted it.... You suicide and yet think it is acceptable to slate my leaders actions? Do your eyes work? He is not active enough atm to do anything, so yes, it is more common sense to stop the enemy from gaining.
Yes, Warriors have a lot of active wars, We appreciate the Warriors efforts as do they appreciate ours..... We probably have more active wars just now than your entire war count for the round, so please just don't go there.
11 days, yes, but 10 of those days were hard spent on rebuilding you know? Something your alliance has had a months advantage on.
There is no denying that you have done this for an easy war, you know our warchests are weak compared with others.
RE have a 4k ans advantage on you? But you find it acceptable to hit an alliance with half your ans?

Read my nation bio, then come back and talk about your leader, if he had enough time to destroy his infra and post on here, then he could have sent out CMs at least. Our war count has nothing to do with this war, and it is a lot higher than your active war count.

11 days and you don't have ANY money? I keep at least 3-4 day collections on me at all times except after the first week out of war, like most people in TE do.

We had a months advantage cause I expected to get hit when I was on vacation with no Internet access. If I could plan a war and do a Target List on my Phone I would have done it, but I couldn't.

ANS should not be the factor in this war, Misfits has several nations under 2-1K NS that aren't really fighting, that severely drops the ANS in your favor. Also, we didnt just declare on Misfits, we hit Warriors too, and frankly, War Doves, an alliance close to your ANS was mostly planned to fight the most wars with you, and Hellas/NDO fight the Middle/Upper Tier battles with Warriors.

this statement.

I'm pretty sure Warriors hadn't been at war with Citadel in 20 days. And the nuke counts were practically even, Skia added like 6 nukes. The problem in this war and why there is whining is with Clash and Manhattan Project holding majority of Warrior nukes getting anarchied in the blitz. If they had gotten lose, the war would be much different then it is right now.

Y'know I wouldn't even be here posting right now if it weren't for the previously mentioned stupid crap. Since I gotta, might well keep it up. It's not like this war was a massive down declare or anything ridiculous like that, certainly our attackers aren't in the same league as Citadel, by far the most egregious of all down-declarers of the last however many rounds you want to go back in TE history. Since I do have to post here, I will say it how it is.

^This. GetaBeer deserves several beers.

As I've said the nukes and avg NS are the biggest tells of war equity. From WD's numbers:
NDO + Hellas + War Doves: Average NS: 7,498, Total Nukes: 90
Warriors + Misfits: Average NS: 6,723, Total Nukes: 92

That doesn't look too bad.

Those numbers do not include Skia's however, and even NOW their avg ns is about 10,000. They had plenty of nukes as well. Skia added in means about 1000ans more, more nuke nations, many more nukes, etc. So while it's not a massive down declare or anything, let's not pretend it was a straight up even war either. Use the post-blitz attack numbers, and it's worse of course, that goes without saying.

If you want to get fancy though, look at the tiers and start at the top:

NDO + Hellas + WD Infra Stats:
4,000+ - 1
3,500 - 3,900 - 0
3,000 - 3,400 - 6
2,500 - 2,900 - 5
Tot: 12
Again, not including Skia.

Warriors + Misfits Infra Stats:
4,000+ - 0
3,500 - 3,900 - 1
3,000 - 3,400 - 3
2,500 - 2,900 - 3
Tot: 7

Y'all attacked in groups of 3 attacking 3, so start at the top and work your way down. Nearly every group of three was a significant down declare on whoever they collectively hit. It's only when you get down towards the bottom are going to see even wars or possible updeclares.

Again, I wouldn't be here pointing this stuff out if I didn't have to come here and talk about the previously mentioned stupid bullshit (which still rather pisses me off btw.) Since I apparently have to be here anyways, well, there it is. As far as wars we get declared on us, it's about average. As far as Hellas goes across their history, it's better than most of the wars they declare. So no huge complaints from us. After the Citadel debacle, this is easy.

I'm just saying don't go breaking arms patting yourselves on your backs.

I can't remember how many 3v3s I did, the only reason we did that against you was to get you and MP in anarchy :P we haven't been going around patting ourselves on the back, but when people complain about a war that doesn't deserve much complaints I will come here and yell.

Considering I didn't expect some pathetic down declare I had not a dime to my nation. So why should I bother letting your member enjoy a raid. Do me a solid, make a fair war with misfits before my nation comes out of your mouth again.

Dime to your nation, you build like Alexandros does, and yet he survives this war when he is in the upper tier. Making the GAs even easier by destroying infra?

Oh a threat, I don't know if Misfits and Hellas will ever be a 1v1 fair war, but I'll be waiting for you guys to jump on us the first chance you get.

Hi Auctor, how's destroying alliances going for you today?

How very dare you suggest we engage in wanton destruction and mayhem in a game set up for the purposes of wanton destruction and mayhem. This assault on my character will not stand.

Given how rare my tears are, they probably taste wonderful. Or they taste like shit. I wouldn't know.

We've known each other for long enough; you should know better, Paul.

You act as though we wouldn't have been declared on within days? I mean look at this stupid war? You didn't give us time to rebuild. Regardless of our declare we would have been hit shortly. Isn't that what everyone does in TE? beat the next guy to declaring first, giving yourself the upper advantage. As all you CN TE people flame about left and right. WAR WAR WAR, now I can't even get you to hush up about something 2 weeks ago. (That obviously still bothers you by the look of this declare)

You act as though we wouldn't have been declared on within days? I mean look at this stupid war? You didn't give us time to rebuild. Regardless of our declare we would have been hit shortly. Isn't that what everyone does in TE? beat the next guy to declaring first, giving yourself the upper advantage. As all you CN TE people flame about left and right. WAR WAR WAR, now I can't even get you to hush up about something 2 weeks ago. (That obviously still bothers you by the look of this declare)

You raise a good point, and to clarify a few things on the NDO side - we were planning several wars that were interrupted in the late stages by someone else declaring on our targets, leaving us with nothing but MASSIVE downdeclares or unwinnable updeclares (look at that botched war with War Doves and House Lannister - someone in gov't really wanted to get us into war because we were getting bored).  For one, I'm not seeing a huge amount of obsessing in the past going on with the War Doves considering where we were a bit over a week ago.  For two, NDO was getting antsy about wanting to get into the fight and when we were approached with the concept of declaring a mostly even war, we took the idea.  For three - you aren't losing because it was a downdeclare - the argument can be made in many ways that it was an updeclare so I'm inclined to call it an even fight.  We ran an effective blitz, which can tip the scales quickly even in an updeclare.

Given how rare my tears are, they probably taste wonderful. Or they taste like shit. I wouldn't know.

We've known each other for long enough; you should know better, Paul.

The fact that I know you is why I am posting about the whole thing. I know that you like to control everything and you think that you are clever. You think you can manipulate external politics and policies of other AAs by using such tactics. For these reasons I highly doubt that your subterfuge was an innocent prank but rather some ill advised strategic attempt of some kind.