Friendship - Killing Politics on Bob?

MCRABT

You and I both know full well that GOONS doesn't do anything that would upset Umbrella and MK. They don't need GOONS - there are other seller alliances out there. Additionally, don't act like GOONS holds its own politically. They're not allied to a single alliance that isn't already allied to Umbrella and/or MK.

You all keep saying this like Sardonic didn't keep the CSN tie until GOONS membership was going to revolt over being allied to that hellhole.  It's getting ridiculous. GOONS isn't a puppet. GOONS will not be a puppet at any point. Having a united FA path in your bloc isn't a bad thing, which is what's happening in DH right now.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, to actually make an OT statement: it's not friendship killing politics, just the natural degeneration of our planet, about which virtually nothing can be done. Not a bad OP though, I agree with a few of the sentiments expressed there.

On to this beautiful thing:

Bitter, bitter.

I would hardly call that whining. But if you'd like to continue an argument where you defend the rationality of continuing to attack a sphere that has taken significant damage over the last two years, be my guest. If the entire OP was about friendship killing politics, then attacking SF/XX etc. is doing exactly what the OP is preaching against.

Don't mistake contempt for bitterness. I've nothing to actually be bitter about, regarding R&R at any rate.

But I have to say, it really, truly looks like whining to me. Almost every assertion and statement I've seen that's been made by someone within the SF/XX camp has had some form of complaint in it, apropos DH/C&G. Now, I get that you guys have been pretty badly mauled in recent years and I can understand the bitterness of it but jesus christ if I didn't know any better I'd say you almost wanted to be treated like this. Note now that when I say "you" I'm referring largely to you individually in addition to the people of your alliance and two blocs.

At one time, long gone by now, you could have made the choice to be more proactive political characters and made an attempt to actually, physically alter the balance of power to favour yourselves. That you did not is not inherently a bad thing; people will play their roles however they want to play them and that is okay. But to then complain to people after being roughed up badly because you did not be proactive politicians, is simply ridiculous to the extreme and provides no wonder whatsoever as to why people are still wanting spilled blood.

I personally wasn't around for the time of your formation but reliable sources tell me XX formed up with at least thirty million total strength, making you the most powerful bloc NS-wise in the world. If that isn't incentive enough to destroy you, then I'm not sure what is. But of course, you managed to somehow add fuel to the fire by not working on fixing the perception many people had of you, or else you would not have been hit quite so hard the first time around.

If you're so offended at the notion of people justifying attacks on a sphere that has been rolled six ways from Sunday in the past, then you definitely need to take a good, hard long look at the position of your alliance. It's my personal opinion that R&R should simply up and leave SF. That bloc has outlived its usefulness in terms of political and military power and some distance between XX and SF is what is needed if you people in XX ever want to seek non-pariah status.

Thanks R&R, your insightful commentary has led me to the decision to disband goons, expect the announcement later today.  Please continue criticizing our FA decisions while remaining tied to your many balls and chains.

Edited by Sardonic

Thanks R&R, your insightful commentary has led me to the decision to disband goons, expect the announcement later today.  Please continue criticizing our FA decisions while remaining tied to your many balls and chains.

I'll prepare the raiding parties 

Sorry I'm late. I don't get around here much anymore.

Nobody hates you, anymore, guy. You're the laughingstock of CN nowl RnR is in the two most toxic groupings on the planet right now - SF and XX.

Neo, it's in your best interests to not refer to anyone as the laughing stock of CN. You are near universally derided and completely and utterly fit the bill of the towing the line puppet.

Sometimes, you just have to think for yourself.

If you think the grudge that exists between C&G and SF-XX is a matter of painting the target on someone else, then you are a fool. The justification for that rivalry is quite simple... you exist.

Well, just resolve this issue and C&G can come fight SF-XX. Go ahead and act tough and make claims that someone's existence offends you, yet take no action. Snakes relying on other people to solve their rivalries, one of the great things of CN. Maybe MK will let you have another shot, with 30 other treaty partners.

Speaking of ball and chains, didn't you just get done eating a losing war for your allies' mistake?

You're in the same boat.

Sorry I'm late. I don't get around here much anymore.

Neo, it's in your best interests to not refer to anyone as the laughing stock of CN. You are near universally derided and completely and utterly fit the bill of the towing the line puppet.

Sometimes, you just have to think for yourself.

I dunno about "universally" - it tends to be whoever I'm arguing against or some friends calling me a shitposter. And I tow no lines, I just go after those I disagree with.

I dunno about "universally" - it tends to be whoever I'm arguing against or some friends calling me a shitposter. And I tow no lines, I just go after those I disagree with.

Funny how who you disagree with just happens to fit right in with towing the line.

You haven't impressed anyone, gained any bit of following, or accomplished anything, towing the line. May as well throw in the towel. It's not working.

Funny how who you disagree with just happens to fit right in with towing the line.

You haven't impressed anyone, gained any bit of following, or accomplished anything, towing the line. May as well throw in the towel. It's not working.

Considering your opinion that of the average DH dissent, you're not one to talk about towing any lines.

You haven't impressed anyone, gained any bit of following aside from Vox (once again riding waves of those who built a movement at the right time, even if you were one of the first Vox members and a public figure speaking against NPO), or accomplished anything relevant, towing the line. May as well throw in the towel. It's not working.

Friendship was never a problem. The drafting of defense-level treaties purely out of mutual friendship is, and it's a big one. Unfortunately, it is a fact of CN and has been for many years, the product of mindless alliances incapable of thinking in a goal-oriented fashion. Signing a treaty with a friendly alliance is all well and good when there's a point to it, but the vast majority of these treaties are simply of the "We like you, let's sign a treaty!" ilk (dubbed "Facebook diplomacy" within TOP).

That said, this is a moot discussion. There will never be a shortage of shortsighted individuals willing to clog up the treaty web this way; and even if such people were to magically vanish from Cybernations overnight, there's simply nothing that can save Cybernations from its state of rapid atrophy.

Fun though it is to watch you make childish grammatical errors while you're playing at smugness, you should know that one toes the party line... that is, unless you're talking about actual, physical party lines (whatever those might be) that people pick up and drag around.

Carry on.

Edited by Crymson

Speaking of ball and chains, didn't you just get done eating a losing war for your allies' mistake?

You're in the same boat.

So you think there's going to be a repeat of the last war eh?  Good luck with that, buddy.  While we may not have won the last war, we still remain in a position I am very happy with.

Considering your opinion that of the average DH dissent, you're not one to talk about towing any lines.

You haven't impressed anyone, gained any bit of following aside from Vox (once again riding waves of those who built a movement at the right time, even if you were one of the first Vox members and a public figure speaking against NPO), or accomplished anything relevant, towing the line. May as well throw in the towel. It's not working.

Once again, you show your ignorance. Riding waves? I founded Vox and was elected leader following Doitzel. I'm not taking credit away from anyone who may have accomplished more at the time, I'm simply speaking fact.

In general, I've changed sides so many times I can't be considered a sheep. I don't have blind loyalty to anyone, and I never have. There was a time when I could have been considered a DH sheeple (though there was no DH at the time, I'm merely speaking of the same grouping of alliances), and was anti-Polar. I base my opinion on actions, not names and faces. As of the last war, I was at odds with DH over their actions. That will likely continue, as little has changed, especially the air of smugness surrounding DH.

So you think there's going to be a repeat of the last war eh?  Good luck with that, buddy.  While we may not have won the last war, we still remain in a position I am very happy with.

Where did you get that out of what I said? I'm not sure if you even read what I stated. I stated that you lost a war over your allies mistake. Therefore, that fits the same "ball and chain" accusation you threw at RnR over their allies.

Glad you're still kicking though.

Fun
though it is to watch you make childish grammatical errors while you're
playing at smugness, you should know that one toes the party line...
that is, unless you're talking about actual, physical party lines
(whatever those might be) that people pick up and drag around.

Carry on.

Clever. Correcting grammar errors while dodging the entire point of a post?

Just another day in the life of Crymson.

Edited by Starfox101

Clever. Correcting grammar errors while dodging the entire point of a post?

Just another day in the life of Crymson.

Given that the post did not in the least concern me, you're going to need to do better than that.