Quick GATO Announcement

Agreed.

It is conveyed to several alliances, and not aimed to any individual, though you alone don't represent the majority of CnG. In particular I know ODN/INT cried over former peace mode use from SF/XX, and there was the MCXA peace debacle at the end of Dave that was a thorn in every ones side.

Also, bare in mind TTKs 70k plus sat out of the Dave War against NG, so myself nor my AA are innocent of PM use. But I just cant take alliances who ripped PM a few months ago now call it strategy.

And I support your use of Peace Mode in that example. What I do not support is that very hypocrisy that you, yourself, raised. Those too quick to criticize a tactic they, too, utilized when it is in use by the opposition, themselves become hypocrites in that regard. If your objection lies in the hypocrisy, then let it be the hypocrites you object to. Your criticism is legitimate, one that I share myself, but in your quest to criticize those alliances you "just can't take," I'm afraid you find yourself in the wrong thread.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People bitch about peace mode because you can't hit people in peace mode, and when you're short on targets, that's a nuisance. Its gutless, but sometimes you gotta swallow your pride and do what you don't like in order to score the W. The basis of these claims of hypocrisy are that something cannot be both gutless and strategy and that's just plain false. It's like the cheap bugger in hockey that tries to draw penalties. Totally gutless, but effective strategy.

salsabeast1, on 18 Feb 2013 - 20:06, said:
How much did CnG cry about peace in Dave? Don't dish what you can't take, you hypocrits. Oh but then again, it's just "strategy."

My qualms with your peace mode "strategy" was that you were never going to leave peace mode and you never did. That is what I consistently complained about on a daily basis because I knew it was going to happen, and then it did. While the majority of our alliance remains in peace mode, you can point out the so called "hypocrisy" in our statements saying it's our strategy, but that's not the point of what we have been arguing in the Dave War, nor this war. GATO will fight, and we will come out when it is in our best interests to do so. We are not cowards, unlike SF/XX who were afraid of a beating in their upper tiers because they couldn't win. They stayed in peace mode because they could not win, and it's nothing more then running away from a fight that you can't win.

Our argument is that SF/XX are cowards for hiding in peace mode, and we complained about it, not that peace mode isn't a viable strategy per se, but generally a war strategy, you know, involves warring. GATO will be out to play, just not when you want us to.

I get CnGs peace use despite my complaining, but unless you fight the majority of the war then you are no different then SF/XX in the past, no matter how much you tell yourselves different.

We're no more different, yet no more the same. But that's a message that both sides have yet to learn, judging from the self-righteousness displayed, ranging from this specific point of discussion, to the conflict at large. No one is truly better than the other if in your quest to destroy something, you yourself enable it, or worse, become it.

Judge individuals by the rhetoric they spew if you must, but don't let that distract you, lest you miss the action, because it is our actions that define us.

Please, no more peace mode rhetoric. It gets so awfully old so fast. Let's talk about something else.Who likes tea?

I'm rather fond of tea. Not a huge tea drinker, though. Nor am I much of a coffee drinker. But I do at times indulge myself.

I get CnGs peace use despite my complaining, but unless you fight the majority of the war then you are no different then SF/XX in the past, no matter how much you tell yourselves different.

Not exactly. SF/XX's upper tier (with the exception of CSN, but they don't count since they were attacked first and didn't have a chance to enter PM) never fought in the war. Even if we fought for just one week, we would still be better then you.

Not exactly. SF/XX's upper tier (with the exception of CSN, but they don't count since they were attacked first and didn't have a chance to enter PM) never fought in the war. Even if we fought for just one week, we would still be better then you.

That by everyones standard would still be classed as hiding and irrefutable.

Agree. Look we're playing the long game because that is what we are led to believe will happen. As long as it does play out that way I know all of GATO will eventually be out for multiple rounds. Now unless there is a curveball and somebody important taps out....it looks to go down that way. In the meantime you'll have to be mad that we are winning the fight we're in now and wait for a chance to beat us in another tier. You guys essentially forced us into this strategy with the lets declare with 16 alliances and proclaim attack one attack all. Had you hit with 3-4 alliances we probably would've come full force right away....but you changed the way we had to play it. So now you have to be patient.

I don't think most people on this side of the fence object to the use peacemode itself.  What's objectionable is the notion that when alliances on our side used it it was "cowardice" and now that CnG uses it, it is "strategy". 

If you have been consistent in your statements on the matter, and I'll take it on his word that Dre4m has, then there is no issue.  Unfortunately, not all of GATO's posters in this thread are so consistent. 

I don't think most people on this side of the fence object to the use peacemode itself.  What's objectionable is the notion that when alliances on our side used it it was "cowardice" and now that CnG uses it, it is "strategy". 

If you have been consistent in your statements on the matter, and I'll take it on his word that Dre4m has, then there is no issue.  Unfortunately, not all of GATO's posters in this thread are so consistent. 

Someone has no sense of grey.

I think people focus on the part where when you guys did it you peaced people permanently with no intention of bringing them out. We have no such notion in mind. I fully intend to have all of my guys fighting by the end. How and when they come out will depend on the battlefield. At this point there's still some biggish nations to beat up.

And we would still be better then SF/XX. Rested assured however, we will gladly throw our pixels on the line when we need too and fight much longer then just a week.

GATO will be out to play, just not when you want us too.

Just let Dre4m post.

Hi Gibs, how are you? I still see that you don't like how I post negative remarks about your former alliances. It's a shame how I can bring the worst out of people against myself, even if we are allies.

Also, hi there, FARK.

You could keep most in there all war for all I care, just gives us time to party with the commies, drink spirits with a splash of orange and consume wombat steaks with my tweety bird saying "Now, where did that itty bitty putty tat doe?"

And we would still be better then SF/XX. Rested assured however, we will gladly throw our pixels on the line when we need too and fight much longer then just a week.

Hi Gibs, how are you? I still see that you don't like how I post negative remarks about your former alliances. It's a shame how I can bring the worst out of people against myself, even if we are allies.

Also, hi there, FARK.

Hello, how are you?