Imperial Decree

Brehon

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1357876971' post='3074489']
-snip-
[/quote]

British? Bunker Hill? What are you talking about?

There's no geography on Planet Bob. There's no hills to charge, no objectives to capture. War exists in it's simplest form; war down your enemy, or let him do the same to you. Either you kill them, or they kill you. How do you kill them? Not by marching in Paris. You do it by destroying infra, destroying tech, destroying cash reserves. These are the measures of success, these are the means by which war is waged in Planet Bob. Only a fool would dismiss these mere statistics.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1357877591' post='3074509']

D34th can you cut the moralist bullcrap for a moment and admit that it was a valid act of war. Yes it's probably overkill, but it is still a valid CB. D34th if STA hit MK aggressively and then Umbrella aided them, would that not be a valid act of war against the STA? If you say no then you are lying through your teeth.
[/quote]

Are you that dense? That is what D34th is saying, what NEW is doing is a valid act of war for NPO.

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1357877288' post='3074496']
You know I am sorry I didnt spend time to read through 20 pages on a leisure game to look for a loophole pansy answer you guys concocted. Back in more simpler times, if another alliance had to make a public declaration of war, then that usually means calling in your allies.

Keep on making your excuses, they dont make you look any better.
[/quote]

Oh no, how ever will I sleep at night now that omfg thinks so badly of me?

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1357877295' post='3074497']
I think you should pay that man his tech. Brehon can say whatever he wants -- hell, MK said they went to war for Dave93. The fact is, even if there were no backroom deals, NSO didn't wave off the aid, nor did NPO bully their way in and enter over NSO's staunch protestations. NSO's allies came in before Kaskus's did. Whoevr made that bet should pay and not quibble over it.
[/quote]

The quotes that he provided indicate that the wager was made over who would "call in their allies first", not "who's allies will enter first". Don't you try and out elawyer me, buddy.

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357877890' post='3074517']

The quotes that he provided indicate that the wager was made over who would "call in their allies first", not "who's allies will enter first". Don't you try and out elawyer me, buddy.
[/quote]

You are like those kids who say, "But we never shook on it!!"

Keep on e-lawyering buddy, calling in allies and entering allies are the same thing.

-omfg

[quote name='Lord Bit' timestamp='1357877942' post='3074518']
omfghi2u2 is your profile picture eluding to someone pants being on fire, liar liar pants on fire. do I see some noses growing? Pay the man his tech
[/quote]

He didn't owe me tech, and frankly, I dont expect them to pay me anyway. One of them is in peace mode, getting pounded and has less than 100 infras. Another is whatever. It is more of the fact that NSO had to call in allies first before Kaskus makes this victory so sweet.

-omfg

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1357877591' post='3074509']

The New Pacific Order [b]WILL [/b]bring order to this chaos, it's just unfortunate we have to burn Kaskus to the ground in the process.

D34th can you cut the moralist bullcrap for a moment and admit that it was a valid act of war. Yes it's probably overkill, but it is still a valid CB. D34th if STA hit MK aggressively and then Umbrella aided them, would that not be a valid act of war against the STA? If you say no then you are lying through your teeth.
[/quote] DID u say ORDER??? I will take two Big Mac's and a large fry!

Edited by Lord Bit

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1357878185' post='3074521']
It is more of the fact that NSO had to call in allies first before Kaskus makes this victory so sweet.
[/quote]

[i]Help, doctor, it's a case of selective reading![/i]

Nurse, hand me 50ccs of rational nonbiased logic, stat!

[i]It won't be enough, doctor! He's slipping too fast, we're gonna lose him![/i]

Not on my watch. Hand me the paddle, I'll spank this one back to life.

[i]You're amazing, doctor![/i]

All in a day's work, my good lady. All in a day's work.

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357878383' post='3074526']
[i]Help, doctor, it's a case of selective reading![/i]

Nurse, hand me 50ccs of rational nonbiased logic, stat!

[i]It won't be enough, doctor! He's slipping too fast, we're gonna lose him![/i]

Not on my watch. Hand me the paddle, I'll spank this one back to life.

[i]You're amazing, doctor![/i]

All in a day's work, my good lady. All in a day's work.
[/quote]

The idiocy is strong with this one.

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1357878504' post='3074528']
The idiocy is strong with this one.

-omfg
[/quote]
Your comparing Apples to ORANGES! :ehm: (I couldn't resist...)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1357876289' post='3074466']
The fact that NPO didn't hit NEW has nothing to do with leniency, just cut the crap and be honest about the reasons, as I said before there is no need of this when your alliance is actually in the right.
[/quote]
Yeah, we did it so DR wouldn't fight CnG. So our allies wouldn't fight our allies.

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357877767' post='3074514']
British? Bunker Hill? What are you talking about?

There's no geography on Planet Bob. There's no hills to charge, no objectives to capture. War exists in it's simplest form; war down your enemy, or let him do the same to you. Either you kill them, or they kill you. How do you kill them? Not by marching in Paris. You do it by destroying infra, destroying tech, destroying cash reserves. These are the measures of success, these are the means by which war is waged in Planet Bob. Only a fool would dismiss these mere statistics.
[/quote]

Well, let me give you an example. PPO and Hooligans went at it in the Grudge War. Despite what you will hear from either side, the NS losses were approximately equal. Was the war a draw? Nope. Hooligans won. Check the wiki. PPO surrendered. Now, did they WANT to surrender? Nope. And they actually had the will to fight -- that war would have gone on a loooooong time. Why did they surrender? Pressure from the bloc they were fighting with, who HAD lost the will to fight. They were essentially forced into surrendering when they fought us to a statistical draw. Victory isn't always about pixels. Most wars end not when someone CAN'T fight, but when they no longer want to fight -- low on money, infra and desire to continue.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1357879205' post='3074540']
Yeah, we did it so DR wouldn't fight CnG. So our allies wouldn't fight our allies.
[/quote]

From what the original post says, it seems like NEW will continue to aid Kaskus (also judging from aid screens). So what then?

-omfg

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357877890' post='3074517']
[/quote]

Except I'm not e-lawyering. I don't know your age or gender, but in any Firehouse, Marine Base, construction site, police precinct or anywhere else men work, this bet gets paid, and no one thinks less of the man paying it. Allies came in for NSO, and they came first. I know this isn't a firehouse, and you may or may not be a man, but in your heart of hearts, you know this man won his bet. Do the right thing.

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1357879474' post='3074547']
Victory isn't always about pixels. [b]Most wars end not when someone CAN'T fight, but when they no longer want to fight -- low on money, infra and desire to continue.[/b]
[/quote]

What's that? Money and infra are also motivating factors? But hey, I thought it was all about the "will to fight" and all that. Wasn't your whole point that it's not important to look at statistics like, say, money or infra? And if you don't have money or infra, are you able to fight? No? Oh, okay.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1357879830' post='3074550']
From what the original post says, it seems like NEW will continue to aid Kaskus (also judging from aid screens). So what then?

-omfg
[/quote]

They haven't continued to aid Kaskus, but if they do? The NPO will do what it has promised to do.

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1357880355' post='3074558']
Except I'm not e-lawyering. I don't know your age or gender, but in any Firehouse, Marine Base, construction site, police precinct or anywhere else men work, this bet gets paid, and no one thinks less of the man paying it. Allies came in for NSO, and they came first. I know this isn't a firehouse, and you may or may not be a man, but in your heart of hearts, you know this man won his bet. Do the right thing.
[/quote]

Oh that's great. Except we're not in a firehouse, Marine base, construction site, police precinct, and I seriously doubt "men" work here. Now, I'm a pretty good elawyer. And if I was the one being asked to pay out on this bet, I would rightly refuse to do so. Under the terms of the wager, he did not win the bet. The letter of the law and the intent and interpretation of it are two vastly different things. You may interpret it to mean that he won. While you're at it, why don't you interpret it to mean that the NPO has lost the war, that nuclear rogues are now a legitimate political entity, and that tech deals are secretly a capitalist plot to destroy Planet Bob as we know it.

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357874317' post='3074422']
The analogy has been made previously; if it were only ever about the absolute amount of nation strength lost, then every nuclear rogue ever was completely victorious against their opposition.
[/quote]

No sir. I cant think of one I have dealt with that has done this. A handful of well-known cases might have pulled that off, but then that is why their names are not entirely forgotten. The typical rogue throws a few nukes before bill-locking and deleting, never to be seen again.

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357880610' post='3074563']
Now, I'm a pretty good elawyer.

You may interpret it to mean that he won. While you're at it, why don't you interpret it to mean that the NPO has lost the war, that nuclear rogues are now a legitimate political entity, and that tech deals are secretly a capitalist plot to destroy Planet Bob as we know it.
[/quote]

High school or college?

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1357880868' post='3074568']
No sir. I cant think of one I have dealt with that has done this. A handful of well-known cases might have pulled that off, but then that is why their names are not entirely forgotten. The typical rogue throws a few nukes before bill-locking and deleting, never to be seen again.
[/quote]

I was trying to make the point that you cannot simply look at absolute amount of NS lost to determine who is winning or losing. I think that was lost in communication somewhere, but yes, thank you.

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1357880988' post='3074569']
High school or college?
[/quote]

Does OWF count as a college?

[quote name='Oranges' timestamp='1357880610' post='3074563']
Oh that's great. Except we're not in a firehouse, Marine base, construction site, police precinct, and I seriously doubt "men" work here. Now, I'm a pretty good elawyer. And if I was the one being asked to pay out on this bet, I would rightly refuse to do so. Under the terms of the wager, he did not win the bet. The letter of the law and the intent and interpretation of it are two vastly different things. You may interpret it to mean that he won. While you're at it, why don't you interpret it to mean that the NPO has lost the war, that nuclear rogues are now a legitimate political entity, and that tech deals are secretly a capitalist plot to destroy Planet Bob as we know it.
[/quote]

Wow you are trying really hard arent ya bud? Dont strain yourself, you might pop a blood vessel.

-omfg