Poll to get rid of the 20k nuke rule... part 3

Captain Enema

Get rid of the nuke rule..  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is limited to people who are on the CNRP map, it is posted with the permission of a CNRP GM. It will last for 72 hours from the time of it's posting.

This is not a discussion thread, if you want to argue go elsewhere. Those people doing more than commenting yes or no will have their vote removed from the total.

Don't like this? Too bad, deal.

GM approval for the bickering rule and poll approval:

[quote]12:47 tidybowlman can I add this?
12:47 tidybowlman This is not a discussion thread, if you want to argue go elsewhere. Those people doing more than commenting yes or no will have their vote removed from the total.
12:47 SarahTintagyl yes
12:47 SarahTintagyl please
12:47 tidybowlman can I post this convo?
12:48 tidybowlman and are you ok with me posting the poll?
12:48 SarahTintagyl yes[/quote]

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1348385909' post='3033265']
Or asses to be asses and hide under the 20k limit free from nuclear retribution. It's an artifically imposed limit on the free flowing structure of rp for a problem that wasn't that large to begin with.
[/quote]It would be a bigger problem if we could, like, you know...get more people to actually join and stay in CNRP

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1348385909' post='3033265']
Or asses to be asses and hide under the 20k limit free from nuclear retribution. It's an artifically imposed limit on the free flowing structure of rp for a problem that wasn't that large to begin with.
[/quote]
As if firebombing wasn't enough. Given how we deal with radiation cleanup anyway, the outcome is pretty much the same.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1348398991' post='3033291']
It would be a bigger problem if we could, like, you know...get more people to actually join and stay in CNRP
[/quote]

Before the rule, how many situations where there of sub-20k nations being nuked, resulting in their departure from CNRP?

I think it means that we should be happy that it did not yet occur and that even if it did not yet occur, if we give it the chance to occur by abolishing a rule and it then happens, it was irresponsible of us. Why are people so hellbound on nuking people below 20k NS anyway?

In this case I endorse the idea of 'IC actions require IC reactions'. It's probably far-fetched to suppose that in CNRP people would RP actual consequences of a nuclear strike, or react as harshly as most nations would in the event of a nuclear strike against a drastically weaker nation, but I do not feel that an OOC rule does anything but detract from roleplay and prevent any opportunity for IC reactions in the first place.