Operation Reclamation

Zoot Zoot

[b]Guyana and off the coast of Guyana[/b]

The Imperial Expeditionary Force was fully assembled and loaded into their ships. The airforce was ready to fly out when the orders were delivered as was the fleet as a whole. They began to sail towards Europe at a steady pace, all Umbrella ensigns flying high. This taskforce was the largest fleet ever to come together in the history of mankind, dwarfing those of D-Day and Pacific operations in world war two. Nine thousand transports, over one hundred and thirty surface warships, nearly a thousand more support ships ranging from hospital vessals down to oil tankers.

The destination in Europe was still secret to all but the taskforce Commander.

The SSBN fleet moved eastwards as silently as possible as deep as they could, as slowly as they could, and would eventually, when they reached their destinations, be in a cresent formation, the northern most submarine just south of the UKIP gap and the southern most would be in the atlantic, quite close to spain in the bigger picture of things.

Messages were sent to their friends in Greenland and their allies in Athens stating that SSBN's are operating in the North Atlantic along the cresent, so they should not be alarmed if any were detected. A highly encrypted message was sent to Athens that was for the Emperor and Empress's eyes only informng them of the full scale of Imperial deployments and why, it would also request that they be ready to deploy forces from the Carribbean into the Empire to help restore order if Imperial forces left behind needed assistance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The taskforce split off into smaller, splinter fleets, the largest of which was destined for the english channel, one for the irish sea, another three would sail north and around Britain and stop off at Scotland and two more along the coasts of England. The taskforces air arm launched its aircraft and locked down the airspace around each splinter fleet. In South America, the entire airforce lifted off and along with every support aircraft from mid air refuellers to everything else and began flying to Britain. An entire paratrooper corps was moved in a single movement by the entire aerial transport corps, by the time they landed, many of britains airports and airfields would have been seized and put into service to refuel the aircraft... this was the plan anyway.

Along with the transport fleet at sea, tens of thousands of landing craft from infantry craft to LST's. Across the North Sea, the English Channel, the Irish sea and the harsh oceans off the coast of Scotland along the northern frontier, these small vessels sped towards the coastlines as aircraft from the aircraft carriers screamed overhead inland. The airforce would take down all Richtenberg targets that presented themselves, Irish forces would remain un-molested unless they fired first.

As the first forces made landfall from the sea, helicopters from the amphibious assault carriers would fly overhead to deploy marine commandos far inland at airports and airfields and begin to secure them. The scale of operations was magnificiant, but dangerous, the sky was thick with aircraft which made it easy enough for the Richtenberg forces to fire anywhere into the sky in some places and hit low flying aircraft like helicopters, causing many to come crashing down into the English countryside, killing many.

As Britain was already under assault from Ireland, native military units elsewhere in the country, mainly along the east coast were limited in number, still, they prooved to be adequate at their job and in some places off the beaches, they made quick work of some of the greener soldiers of the Imperial army. None the less, as more and more men and machines made landfall, stronger beacheads were established. Fighting was thick and costly in the mountains of scotland and casualties along the landing beaches were, whilst lower than anticipated, were still proportionatly higher than would of been expected. The battles raged.

Once the Paratroopers landed, the plan was that most resistance would be put down, but alas, battle plans seldom survive first contact with the enemy.

The Irish King would be hand delivered a message is permitted, informing him of Umbrellas Intention to take control of Great Britain in the name of the Empire and Irish forces should stand down and withdraw its forces from the British theatre to avoid collaterol damage.

The large scale air strikes surprised Albion, but the battle readiness from the Irish invasion allowed the people to prepare themselves.

Javelins, Blowpipes, and tracked Rapiers would fire at the aircraft coming from the carriers. The large difference in technology meant that there were few successful hits, but the large number of missiles flying against the Umbrella aircraft meant there would be room for the Tornado GR4s and the Tornado F3s to take off and attempt to hold the enemy at bay. The GR4s would fire ALARMs at the ships due to the lack of anti-ship missiles, and the F3s would try to take down at least a few of the Umbrella aircraft under the massive cover of the anti-air missiles.

High alert at the nine surviving air bases led to the men on the ground fighting against the landing paratroopers, killing most of them before they could even fight back. Those that managed to get on the ground would be pinned down by heavy machine gun fire, as demolition charges would be set to prevent the use of the bases by Umbrella should they fall.

Around the coasts, hundreds of Exocets and Harpoons would be launched against the tends of thousands of landing craft. Under the protection of trenches and dunes many of the launchers would survive the starting strikes, and most of the larger landing crafts would be struck. The small infantry landing crafts would face heavy machine gun fire, with massacres happening all around the islands. The many Umbrella low-flying aircraft would be hit also be shot down. With the tidal wave of men trying to land in a scale larger than what was planned for the Invasion of Japan without all the supporting firepower, it would be estimated that at least one third of the Umbrella troops would never be able to land in the first place, with around 75% of the remaining troops becoming casualties. This meant that only one sixth of all landing troops would be able to land unscratched.

"Altough France is restricted by the terms of the Pau dictate, we are nowhere required to watch mass slaughter of this scale without stating our thoughts that it is horrendous and that in our humble opinion, this threatens peace even more than the Irish invasion before. Therefor, not as representant of France, but even just as human being, I ask both sides politely to please cease fire and find a peaceful solution. If it has to be, under the mediation of Germany, who, according to the Marseille line is in charge of policing the British Isles. Meet up in Berlin, if that is not an option, I offer my personal property of the Château de Chambord as location for tallks, but don't plunge the Isles into further war and bloodshed."
-[font="Monotype Corsiva"][size="4"]Josephine d'Orléans[/size][/font]

[quote][b]To: The High Commissar of the Commission on France of the Athenian Federation
[/b]
To the eteemed High Commissar,

We are sure that his and her Highness, the Empress and Emperor of the Federation are informed that war is about to restart in Great Britain, a sad fact that brings up two matters we would ask Athens to help us with. The first would be dealing with the violence in general. Our proximity has not only given us a glimpse on what is going on, it also worries us that violence is this near our shores, yet again. As Athens is in a far better position as ally of the Umbrella Commonwealth and as Athens is in charge of our foreign affairs department, we would like for Athens to help in bringing the combattants to a table, where they can discuss the issue without firing hundreds of missiles at each other, causing massive destruction.

The second matter may be less problematic and demanding, as France would like to ask, whether or not Athens will allow French anti-air systems to fire at any incoming military jet that intrudes our airspace without authorisation. France sees itself as neutral (as always) in this conflict and hopes that We can keep the war out of our territory.

With regards,
[font="Monotype Corsiva"][size="4"]Josephine d'Orléans[/size][/font]
[/quote]

A message was sent to Germany, to Eva Schmidt, Reichspräsidentin of Großdeutschland

"The new state of Albion has risen from the ashes of Great Britain. We pay our thanks to the protector of the British Isles, and hope you would recognize us. We are under the invasion of a South American power, while sent us the following message.

[quote]Umrella does not recognise this Revolutionary Council and shall continue with our attacks on Britain until it is made part of the Empire.[/quote]

We ask that the protector of the British Isles defend us from this imperialist power, and hope we can reach a peaceful conclusion."

Strike Force August Shield was dispatched from the Western Hemisphere Stations to the surrounding maritime area, consisting of 2 Imperator II Class Carriers, 3 Tianjin Class Amphibious Warfare Ships, 3 Zeon Class Amphibious Carriers, 2 Xia Class Battleships, 4 Ming Class Heavy Frigates, 4 Qing II Class Frigates, 2 Jade Emperor Class Destroyers, 4 King Sejong II Class Destroyers, 2 Qin Shi Huang Class Heavy Cruisers, 4 Dragon Class Attack Submarines, a Zheng He Class Command ship, 6 ASW configured Littoral Combat Ships, 6 Anti-Sea Mine Configured Littoral Combat Ships. The task force would be ordered onto station to prepare for contingency operations rather than intervene to decide the general fate of Britain.

Edited by Triyun

[b]Private[/b]

Irish forces were already leaving in masses after the King recognized the new government of Great Britain. Most of the special forces would be returning home in obvious vessels marked with Irish symbols and rather large flags probably out of pride that they had just won their first and only war. Many soldiers would be returning to the main isle, Ireland, while a few thousand would be entering the newly annexed island of the Isle of Man.

[quote][b]From His Majesty The King of Ireland[/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png[/img]

[b]To Umbrella Military and Political
Officials[/b]

Gentlemen,

The Kingdom of Ireland has just exited the theater of war and does not wish to engage in another one. I do not understand why a foreign government from South America with different cultures and ethnicities wishes to occupy the island of Great Britain however that is not for me to interpret. The current government in control of Great Britain is recognized by the Irish Crown and will continue to be recognized by the Irish Crown unless it is destroyed, surrenders, or merges with your Empire or - of course - successfully repels your invasion. I will not support either side in this matter, remaining neutral which I suppose benefits you. I would hope that both sides could reach an agreement and possibly split the island among borders such as Scotland or Wales or England - if this is the case the both of you are more then welcome to come to Dublin to do so and I will be there and in full support of it.

That being said, a retaliation from Ireland would be brought if Umbrella forces invade Irish air space or obviously violate our waters. Also, any attack on the vessels bringing Irish troops home, which are currently ninety-five percent done, would also be registered as an attack on Ireland. I also would like to point out, as I did before, that the Isle of Man is now under the governance of the Kingdom of Ireland. With the careful planning that this invasion seems to have taken I would assume that you already accounted for Irish obstacles and how to get around our island without invading air space or water rights or killing innocent people - but I felt it would be better if I made it clear. Thank you for your time by reading this message - I hope their will be peace between Umbrella and the British Government soon enough.

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly
Sovereign of Ireland[/b][/quote]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png[/img]

[b]To German-Reich Officials[/b]

Gentlemen,

I am happy to announce that peace was created between Ireland and the newly recognized government in Britain which seems to be a revolutionary council. Unfortunately a huge invasion was launched from South America on Great Britain. I will not be taking a side in the matter, however I do want to bring this to your attention because it seems Germany hasn't been all that politically active thus far and we are allies of course. I am not suggesting a side to be taken... however I'd like to point out that an ally of the Athenian Federation will be occupying soil which the Reich claims to have under its Sphere of Influence. Thank you for your time and I hope to see your reaction soon.

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly

[b]To Minister-President Vladimir Putin of Vostokslavia[/b]

Minister-President Putin,

The Irish Armed Forces have achieved peace between Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland. I am happy to announce that Ireland is no longer in a State of War with any nation or organization at this time. I am still moved by your care for those of us in Western Europe regarding our safety. However shortly after this war has ended another has begun. Not between two European nations but one from South America and Great Britain. Because it isn't the will of God, my people, or myself I will not have the Irish Military engage in any offensive actions on either side. I did want to point this out to you, however, because Umbrella has breached the seemingly fragile peace that is in Europe. I am not suggesting you take a side but I did want to bring this to your attention.
Also, I am still open to creating some type of protectorate organization between my Kingdom, the German-Reich, and Vostokslavia. Please give me word if you want to continue to organize such an event.

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly

[b]Classified[/b]

The five-percent of remaining Irish forces would continue to withdraw from Great Britain and either land on the Isle of Man where they would continue to take and create defense positions or would return home through Dublin and Belfast. The Irish Air Corps would continue to stay on full alert and clutter the skies or Ireland. Strategic Command and the Irish Space Program would continue to watch what unfolded to the east.

Edited by PresidentDavid

"An attempt of a South American nation to take over British land is just as poor taste as a Germanic government trying to take power in the area. Even worse one would say seeing as how the UC government is not European. This is a distasteful move removing a peaceful government trying to rebuild their land from an oppressive government for nothing more then "Until this land is a part of their empire."

[quote name='Adolf Kral' timestamp='1343816138' post='3017500']
The large scale air strikes surprised Albion, but the battle readiness from the Irish invasion allowed the people to prepare themselves.

Javelins, Blowpipes, and tracked Rapiers would fire at the aircraft coming from the carriers. The large difference in technology meant that there were few successful hits, but the large number of missiles flying against the Umbrella aircraft meant there would be room for the Tornado GR4s and the Tornado F3s to take off and attempt to hold the enemy at bay. The GR4s would fire ALARMs at the ships due to the lack of anti-ship missiles, and the F3s would try to take down at least a few of the Umbrella aircraft under the massive cover of the anti-air missiles.

High alert at the nine surviving air bases led to the men on the ground fighting against the landing paratroopers, killing most of them before they could even fight back. Those that managed to get on the ground would be pinned down by heavy machine gun fire, as demolition charges would be set to prevent the use of the bases by Umbrella should they fall.

Around the coasts, hundreds of Exocets and Harpoons would be launched against the tends of thousands of landing craft. Under the protection of trenches and dunes many of the launchers would survive the starting strikes, and most of the larger landing crafts would be struck. The small infantry landing crafts would face heavy machine gun fire, with massacres happening all around the islands. The many Umbrella low-flying aircraft would be hit also be shot down. With the tidal wave of men trying to land in a scale larger than what was planned for the Invasion of Japan without all the supporting firepower, it would be estimated that at least one third of the Umbrella troops would never be able to land in the first place, with around 75% of the remaining troops becoming casualties. This meant that only one sixth of all landing troops would be able to land unscratched.
[/quote]

The anti air counter attack was expected and resulted in few casualties from actual fighter and strike aircraft, Bulldogs and Widowmakers remained un-damaged as they struck at the heart of the British counter attacks at the nine remaining airbases. Assumed to have been destroyed, little attention was paid to them until British aircraft got into the skies.

[b]Operation Hammerfall[/b]

J-STARs and UAVs ranging from high altitude global hawks to unit operated mini-UAVs provided imaging intelligence to give forward assaulting unit information on enemy locations and order of battle giving them an edge against the defending units. Armored cavalry and mechanized reconnaissance companies were ordered to begin advancing. Rear line Self Propelled Artillery batteries fired air burst shells against infantry units while armored companies would be engaged by armor penetrating shells. Main battle tanks would lead assaults, they would move in zig zag patterns during their advance while activating their ECM pods jamming any anti-armor missile systems. This system of attack would be seen all across the frontlines in Cornwall, Devon, Lancashire and Scotland.

Mechanized recon companies of scimitar II and warrior III vehicles assaulted areas where imaging intelligence did not find armor vehicles. Like with the M1A2 Abrams MBTs, the Scimitars used ECM pods to prevent missile lock ons. Enemy infantry was further surpressed by rear line air burst mortar batteries. Warrior ATVs moved to take the high ground and insert sniper-firing teams. The First and Second Heavy Strike Corps, supported by the First Medium Strike Corps and the First light strike force, all began making their way in division strength across the border, two hundred thousand soldiers moved at a lightening pace with heavy armour and mechanised infantry units leading the way. The Air regiment of each corps was sending forward its Apache Longbow attack helicopters to support ground operations.

Twelve AWACs flying along the battlefields outer territory used their sensors to map the battlefield and enemy forces in the area. Orders were rapidly dispatched to the Imperial Air Force to begin an all out air assault against the British across England. The AWACs began jamming enemy communications and sensors as the first assault began.

The first two squadrons of B-2 Bombers approaching England would be the opening volley of the Umbrella air campaign against the British forces in Cornwall. The stealth bombers operating well beyond the range of detection for whatever remained of British Radar unleashed AGM-158 JASSMs. The stealth missiles would target the nearest active airbase, hopefully removing it from action. This would be repeated as a further four waves of B-2s would enter the battlespace, alongside the rest of the Imperial combat air force. The B-2s would then be directed to return to Portugal for rearming and refueling. As the next Ten squadrons of F-22s flew over the battlespace below radar. The stealth fighters would use their AESA to transmit signals of enemy aircraft and ground forces in the battle space. They would use their electro optical infrared sensors to attempt and find fighters. This would be supplemented by mobile OTH and multi-static radars being landed in England which were capable of finding the general location of aircraft allowing the F-22s to make more precise search. These targets if found would be engaged by IR missiles, the electro optical IR sensors designed specifically to defeat IR countermeasures thus increasing the kill rate.

Twelve Squadrons of Widowmaker II's moved across the North West England, with four eWidowmakers escorting each squadron. The eWidowmakers would use their onboard jamming equipment supplemented by ECM pods to jam enemy radar and transmit false positions confusing enemy air defenses while transmitting false locations back. The eWidowmakers would also pick up on enemy radar signals of the Birtish Air Defense network’s SAM launchers and ground based radar. A pair of HARMs were launched at each of these locations. Targeting information was also given to ground based cruise missile launchers operating with the main thrust of the land invasion in England. BGM-109G cruise missiles were launched against these sites as well while the growlers were suppressing enemy missile defenses.

Widowmakers would fire stand off air to ground munitions on enemy runway seeking to crater the runways and fill the runways further hampering the ability to scramble air force units. eWidowmakers and Widowmaker II's would then use their remaining weapons, air to air missiles to assist in air superiority for the duration of the assault.

One squadron of B-1Rs were equipped with LRAAMs and fired off the weapons in rapid volleys from Imperial controlled air space against enemy air units that the F-22s had lock-ons. Two more B-1R squadrons were also brought into the area. Each plane launched off volleys of sixteen cruise missies. The missiles targeted naval facilities across wales to significantly degrade the capability to transport troops and heavy equipment between Ireland or any other location and Wales.

A fourth B-1R squadron launched air to ground cruise missiles against areas which SATINT indicated were enemy fuel and ammo locations. Four A-10 squadrons and four F-35 Squadrons moved in against forward enemy artillery and armor companies. Each A-10 squadron was escorted by an F-35 which provided jamming against radar guided defenses, while the A-10s released copious amounts of flares to defeat enemy IR lock ons and illuminate targets. Special priority was given to knocking out obvious enemy command and control vehicles.

Info was relayed to the channel fleet, which brought the guns of its nine Iowa Class Battleships 16 Inch guns ETC shells to bear on the artillery and armored forces. MLRS systems would target these units as well further surpressing the ability of armored and artillery forces to maneuver.

Orders came from the Admiralty to dispatch hunter killer submarines to seek and destroy all British warships, with particular attention to be paid when it came to enemy submarines. Hunter killer subs set out for ASW operations using highly sensitive equipment such as low frequency spread-spectrum electromagnetic surface wave devices and magnetic anomaly detection. The fleets frigates and destroyers assisted in ASW operations by deploying Lynx ASW helicopters which began sweeps of the fleets area of operations performing airborne low frequency sonar checks. Any detected submarines were to be exposed to the wrath of the helicopters torpedo weaponry, as well as sending the information to nearby submarines and sending them to attack the British ships.

Satellite imaging from SATOPS revealed the location of the British rally points. Using this information, the Amphibious assault carriers deployed nine squadrons of F-35's, these 90 fighters flew below the radar and engaged the British ground forces, staying well out of weapons range anti air before returning to the carriers to rearm.

Using the targeting data being provided by SATOPS, the fleets Iowa Class Battleships and Ticonderoga Class Missile cruisers began firing RGM/UGM-109B's at the British ground forces. Two hundred and twenty four missiles were fired from the battleships alone, and with a range of 2500 kilometres, the fleet remained safe. The cruisers fired a total of 854 TASM missiles.
On the beaches, the incoming fire was thick and fast along the west coast between Hartlepool and Whitby, many landcraft met their ends as they exploding front shore based anti ship missiles. Once fired though, the airforce covering the invasion, aswell as fighting the British airforces inferior aircraft, would fire missiles at the shore based defences.

The battles raging across northern scotland was killing alot of good men as skirmishes erupted into full scale battles in mountain passes. It did not stall them. Every soldier on foot, or in a vehicle or tank had a job to do and across Britain, they would fight to destroy their enemy with the cold, calculated efficiency as a machine.

The 50,000 paratroopers dropping across the South East in and around Dover began taking fire on the drop and hundreds were killed as transports exploded midair or they where shot by a lucky bullet. But on the ground, the remaining forces split up into their companies and spread out, taking the fight to whoever wanted to fight them. Helicopters from the armada around Britain flew in, aswell as other C-130's, began dropping artillery pieces, anti air units and light tanks to give the paras more firepower.

[b]A message was broadcast to all British Commanders and the Revolutionary Government[/b]

We will not stop, we will systematically destroy the British Army in the coming days, we will raze Great Britain to the ground with our forces and its people will suffer for it. Surrender now, unconditionally, and accept the rule of the Imperial Commonwealth of Umbrella, save this country and its people from the suffering you will bring apon them by fighting on. We have landed over half a million soldiers and all of their gear, including heavy armour, theatre missile defence amongst other things. More are coming. They will continue to come. We have beacheads in England, Wales and Scotland, all around the coastlines. Your only method of removal is using WMD's. So do not think about being that desperate. We have our own weapons and we will respond with the force of ten thousand suns scorching Britain to its foundations on this earth. Surrender now and save your country, or face certain defeat. You have twenty four hours to respond to this ultimatum.
OOC

Im not recognising your post about my paratroopers, or how Britain has all these defences left after the Irish attacks. Furthermore, Im not recognising the casualties your imposing for the beach assaults. I am landing over 650,000 soldiers, at once, all over Britain, at the same time. Your masrshalling over 200,000 forces instantly, all armed with military grade gear. Again I cannot recognise this. Come onto IRC and we can talk about getting a skeleton plan together, unless you want to go into this without preplanning?

Server is Icechat
channel is #cnrp

"The Government of República de Gran Colombia finds itself made anxious by the actions of our fellow South American nation, with its apparent invasion of a European nation, and the engaging of what could be a sovereign representative government of the British people. Thus, we urge restraint to all sides, and can only hope that peace is found in this apparent clash of arms over the fate of the British Isles."

[quote][b]Proclamation from the Reichskanzler of the Greater Germanic Reich
[/b]

Again, a war rages in Europe, and this time it isn't the fault of fellow European Nations. The South American nation of "Umbrella" has took it upon itself to invade a sovereign European nation. At the same time, this hooligan state has violated the sphere of influence established by this Greater Germanic Reich. While our allies in Britain have not activated defensive documents, we will not stand by and be insulted by this foreign American power.

You will reap, what you have sown.

Signed,
Reichskanzler of the Greater Germanic Reich
Jorhan Stahl[/quote]

Edited by Malatose

[b]To Officials of The German Reich[/b]

Gentlemen,

I am happy to see that you brought it to your full attention or got my message and was alerted of the actions of the Umbrella Government. I have announced that Ireland will be staying neutral in this conflict because it seemed that no other European power was willing to stop this massive invasion or wanted it to take place. That being said, Germany is the closest ally of Ireland and the Irish Armed Forces will fight to the death to protect that relationship even if I myself must wield a bayonet at the end of a rifle to do so. If that is the case, then Ireland will have no choice but to leave neutrality and defend Great Britain and fight alongside Germany for the sovereignty of Europe.

By Royal Decree, I have opened all Irish waters and air space to German air craft and sea vessels. The Military is still in a state of High Alert and at DEFCON 1 because of the recent war and can respond to any attack that you request we do so. If they do get to close, Ireland will respond with unrelenting force from all sides and every direction. You have the support of the Irish Military and people. We will begin offensive measures along with a public statement after any initial strike or word is declared from Germany unless you protest.

Respectfully,

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly

[quote name='TheShammySocialist' timestamp='1343868954' post='3017685']
"The Government of República de Gran Colombia finds itself made anxious by the actions of our fellow South American nation, with its apparent invasion of a European nation, and the engaging of what could be a sovereign representative government of the British people. Thus, we urge restraint to all sides, and can only hope that peace is found in this apparent clash of arms over the fate of the British Isles."
[/quote]

"Pará can only echo the words of Colombia on this matter. The Umbrella Commonwealth has made it clear they would not tolerate the intervention of a foreign power into the affairs of South America; it is only a matter of blatant hypocrisy that Umbrella should then take it upon itself to intervene in the affairs of sovereign European nations, especially in the business of demanding the demise of a government that, for all known evidence and accounts, was put into place and supported by the people of the British Isles. I urge the Umbrella Commonwealth to withdraw the disgusting threats it has made in its ultimatum and reconsider its actions and the consequences they will bring."

- Isabel Vieira, Premier

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1343872154' post='3017694']
[b]Proclamation from the Reichskanzler of the Greater Germanic Reich
[/b]

Again, a war rages in Europe, and this time it isn't the fault of fellow European Nations. The South American nation of "Umbrella" has took it upon itself to invade a sovereign European nation. At the same time, this hooligan state has violated the sphere of influence established by this Greater Germanic Reich. While our allies in Britain have not activated defensive documents, we will not stand by and be insulted by this foreign American power.

You will reap, what you have sown.

Signed,
Jorhan Stahl
[/quote]

As this is the sphere of Germany rather than South America we feel we must give political support to the position of Germany in this matter of dispute. We urge our friends in Umbrella to heed the German position.

[b]Festung Europa - Sub HQ Kiel[/b]

[i]"The territory of Britain is under attack, we have been given permission from the Reichskanzler to begin defensive measures. Protocal 2aB is in effect. Invasion of the Reich."[/i]

Aerial satellites from the Greater Germanic Space Command had been tracking the Umbrella ships, as they entered Reich sovereign territory. With the order being given from Jorhan Stahl, Oberkommando der Wehrmacht ordered a complete tactical strike on the enemy vessels. From silos in Kiel, ten V-3B Anti-ship ballistic missiles launched into the skies. The ASBMs were targetted towards the Iowa Class Battleships and Ticonderoga Class Missile cruisers. The goal was simple, wipe out the enemy ships with speed and precision. After the first strike, a smaller secondary strike was launched consisting of five missiles to destroy any left over assets.

As the missiles strikes were taking place, the Kriegsmarine's Atlantic Fleet roared to life.

[b]Carrier Strike Group 2[/b] (one super carrier, one 'Schleswig-Hol'-Class Heavy Battleships, one North Point-class Guided Missle Cruisers, five 'Keil'-Class Guided Missile Destroyers, Five 'Germania'-Class Guided Missile Frigates, Seven 'Wilhelm Gustloff' Class Guided Missile Corvettes) [b]Carrier Strike Group 3[/b] (one super carrier, one 'Schleswig-Hol'-Class Heavy Battleships, one North Point-class Guided Missle Cruisers, five 'Keil'-Class Guided Missile Destroyers, Five 'Germania'-Class Guided Missile Frigates, Seven 'Wilhelm Gustloff' Class Guided Missile Corvettes), and [b]Carrier Strike Group 4[/b] (one super carrier, three 'Schleswig-Hol'-Class Heavy Battleships, one North Point-class Guided Missle Cruisers, ten 'Keil'-Class Guided Missile Destroyers, ten 'Germania'-Class Guided Missile Frigates, ten 'Wilhelm Gustloff' Class Guided Missile Corvettes) began to move into defensive positions.

Carrier Strike Group 2 began to move into the English Channel, Carrier Strike Group 4 took up positions to the West of Great Britian, and Carrier Strike Group would take up positions to the North. The goal of this move was to set up an effective blockade of the area, preventing enemy forces from continously entering into Great Britain. The secondary goal was to engage hostile enemy forces with the fleet's hypersonic anti-shipping missiles in quick, devastating strikes.

As the Kriegsmarine moved into place, an airshield would be established over Britain. Lu-69 Sixth Generation Air Superiority Fighters began to launch from the Northern Ireland AFB and from the carriers of the Kriegsmarine. AWACS and EWACs were dispacted as well, with the EWACs committed to electronic warfare to jam enemy datalinks and transmitting constant DFRM signals to confuse enemy RADAR systems. Umbrella fighters over Great Britain would be engaged by the Lu-69; while over the seas, they would be engaged by the various fleets SAM systems. Either way, it would be a sure death to the invading air forces. With the Lu-69s dedicated to tactical air patrols and engagements, Lu-71 Sixth Generation Multi-Role Fighters began to strike against the enemies landing craft with guided munitions and tactical missiles, with secondary strikes being launched against invading ground forces.

"Greenland urges Umbrella to retreat from Britain. As our Mexican ally pointed out, Umbrella's place is in South America, not Europe, and any foreign adverturism in Europe would have the potential to undermine Umbrella's anti-colonialist policies."

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote][b]Dispatch from the Reichskanzler of the Greater Germanic Reich[/b]

As a brief reminder, Umbrella has [b]twelve hours[/b] to begin withdrawing soldiers from the Reichsprotectorate of Great Britain. Terms for withdrawal are as follows:

1. Army equipment must be left behind.

As a man of rational thinking, the soldiers of Umbrella have no choice but to serve a hooligan state. As such, we see them as following orders, no matter how dumb they might be.

On the other hand, the machines of war will be destroyed. The Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe have been ordered to take a zero-tolerance stance against enemy ships and air craft.

After the end of the twelve hour deadline, all bets are off and the soldiers of the Umbrella Armed Forces will be decimated.

Jorhan Stahl[/quote]

Edited by Malatose

"We find the actions of Umbrella to be rather unbecoming of a nation of it's size and stature. It doesn't reflect well upon the regime that up until this point had proven itself to be a nation of peace and stability in South America. It is with this ideal in mind that we echo the sentiments her allies have made in calling for her withdrawal from the invasion of Great Britain. Otherwise this incident may spiral into a costly transcontinental conflict."

-President Francisco Bourbon

The Imperium will cease its attack on Britain, but it will take longer than twelve hours to begin withdrawal operations. We will heed the word of our allies.

[b]Over Britain[/b]

The Germanic airforce was not expected on the scene and although the Imperial air forces could match the Germans in skill, the enemy aircraft were overbearing in most places and the tide of the air war began to turn. As the LU-69's tore through the most advanced aircraft in the military with limited success of their own, the airforce began pulling out of the theatre of operations, back to its bases in Portugal and aircraft carriers.

The landing craft, whilst many still under the protection of the fleets missile defences and shore based theatre missile defences, took heavy casualties, with thousands drowning in the various sea's around Britain. Most succumbing to the cold waters rather than from enemy fire.

The Iowa battleships and the cruisers that were the focus of a concentrated missile attack successfully defended against most of the missiles, but the oldest battleship, a veteran re-activated from the war against the Atlantic Confederacy, was heavily damaged in the attack and two cruisers also suffered a similar fate of being effectivly disabled. They would need to make extensive field repairs before sailing sailing home. Another was sunk and another battleship took critical damage along its super structure.

Orders were dispatched for the combat fleet to converge on a position in the English channel and re-group as the transport fleets moved into their own positions to recieve soldiers from the mainland. Forces on the mainland, now not only had to conduct a fighting retreat to their fortified beacheads, but they had to do under the banner of defeat. It would take a few hours to completely disengage the British forces on the ground and return to their bases.

By the time the deadline was on the horizon, all Imperial Forces had disengaged across land, sea and air. They would now only fight defensivly as preperations were made to withdraw the army.

The Luftwaffe established complete air dominance over Great Britain, while establishing little to no casualties. The Lu-69s were now dedicated to air defense patrols, while being ordered to attack in self defense only.

As the Umbrella Fleet began to converge into the channel, it would meet the Kriegsmarine's Carrier Strike Group 2. As soon a targetting data had been received from Festung Europa RADAR systems and the fleet's own RADAR, the fleet began to enact offensive measures. First, the fleet activated it's combined EW suites in order to send false positive readings through the use of DFRM. By doing this, the enemy fleet would have a hard time detecting the ships of Carrier Strike 2, who were beginning to launch offensive armaments at the British Fleet. The offensive armaments, in the form of three dozen hypersonic anti-shipping missiles, were fired directly into the Umbrella Fleet in the Channel.

From the Germanic holdings in Northern Ireland, thirty Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles were launched into the English Channel to wipe out what was left of the enemy fleet, which after the attack should be little if nothing at all.

[quote][center][b]Military Decree from the Athenian Federation[/b][/center]

Umbrellan ships and assets south of the Marseilles line are considered to be under direct Athenian protection, attacks on withdrawing forces are unacceptable and will result in counters by Hellenic Forces.[/quote]

As soon as the missiles were fired the Atlantic Fleet, which was already on alert due to the war, kicked into action. Anti-missile systems on the ships would try to intercept and destroy German missiles fired at retreating ships while F-5s and F-1s established air dominance over the sea to intercept missiles that way. Forces were given specific instructions to only act defensively and to prevent German casualties at all costs however they wouldn't allow another ally to get attacked. Border forces were placed on alert and old defenses brought back on-line while the entire Federation entered war readiness.

The Atlantic Fleet would position itself firmly on the Marseilles line to make it clear they were not kidding.