Is it cheating?

Colin40

If a nation has 6 tech suppliers that constantly send him/her tech with no recompense (i.e. just keep sending 50 tech every 10 days with no obvious payment) then is that cheating?

There are some fairly tech savvy people that play this game who can easily navigate a duplicate IP screen to avoid multi-nation detection. I have watched one nation receive 50 tech every 10 days for at least the last four months with no payment sent to the supplying nations.

The 6 supplying nations are set up in 3 pairs, so that each pair supply on different days. 3 of the nations were created on the same day.

I've logged a multi report in the correct part of the forum but this activity just continues. Can the admin audit tech deals to see if there are any obvious imbalances in the trade system (i.e. 6 nations supplying tech for 4 months without any form of payment from the receiving nation)

Or is that not cheating and it could be that the nation in question has 6 friends that all log on in pairs every 10 days solely to supply him/her with tech?

Edited by Colin40

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1333619908' post='2948580']
No it's not. Quite often, there are people in an alliance who's only purpose is to send tech to large nations.
[/quote]

The nations I speak of are not in the same alliance as the receiving nation, so then it seems unlikely that it is a large nation building effort from within an alliance.

The sending nations are not affiliated in any way with the receiving nations alliance, and they only seem to exist to send tech to a single nation?

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1333627621' post='2948587']
Could possibly be a person paying off reps then

Or a multitude of other reasons
[/quote]

Or it could be someone getting an unfair advantage over other players by using multiple nations. I strongly believe this to be the case - but there seems to be absolutely nothing that can be done about it.

I know for a fact that there is no valid reason why these nations would be supplying tech to the alliance in question.

So it is not cheating then if you cannot be caught?

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1333628283' post='2948589']
Ever heard of donation deals?
[/quote]

Yes and I never saw the receiving nation offer this deal once (although it looks like he/she may have six constant participants without any advertising) Or they are smart enough to set up 3 pairs of multi nations!

And if 6 donation deals without advertising is the case then the admins should be able to check this out and shut this whole rant down?

Edited by Colin40

[quote name='Colin40' timestamp='1333628074' post='2948588']
Or it could be someone getting an unfair advantage over other players by using multiple nations. I strongly believe this to be the case - but there seems to be absolutely nothing that can be done about it.

I know for a fact that there is no valid reason why these nations would be supplying tech to the alliance in question.

So it is not cheating then if you cannot be caught?
[/quote]

It would be cheating, depending on the motives. People have definitely done this in the past, but normally if brought to the attention of the MODS it will be caught.

There are community nations, where nations are "owned" by an alliance and build the nation up as meat shield or kamikaze nation for war. You can destroy player target nations with the "dummy" nation, with nothing of value being lost or put into jeopardy.

My advice is to stay away from those nations, and don't even think of attacking them for revenge if attacked. You might knock them down to zero, but being a dummy nation, no one on the other side would really notice or care and the nation will be quickly rebuilt with a single aid donation from each player in the alliance.

[quote name='Colin40' timestamp='1333623212' post='2948581']
The nations I speak of are not in the same alliance as the receiving nation, so then it seems unlikely that it is a large nation building effort from within an alliance.

The sending nations are not affiliated in any way with the receiving nations alliance, and they only seem to exist to send tech to a single nation?
[/quote]
Just because they arent in the same alliance doesnt mean they dont help each other out. They could be RL friends, or good friends on irc, or use to be in the same alliance together and the tech sender just doesnt wanna play anymore so he just aids his friend.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1333677994' post='2948841']
They could be RL friends, or good friends on irc, or use to be in the same alliance together and the tech sender just doesnt wanna play anymore so he just aids his friend.
[/quote]

The receiver practically never uses IRC except in war.

It would be pretty lucky to find 6 separate friends that don't want to play anymore and are all prepared to log in every 10 days just to send you tech (just you and no one else in the game!)- Maybe this is the case, but its a long shot ?

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1333619908' post='2948580']
No it's not. Quite often, there are people in an alliance who's only purpose is to send tech to large nations.
[/quote]

This is what I do, and in fact is the only reason I have a nation at the moment :)

I think it's a stretch to say there is no valid reason for the tech to be sent.Everyone has already pointed out several reasons why the tech would be sent which are not cheating. You've already brought it up with the mods, leave the judging to them.