Paraguas External Tracking

Instr

It's been 3 days, right? I'm assuming for the first week or two, recruitment will be at a low level because the recruiters are preparing their docs, but afterwards, it should increase in pace. Average new nation creation is about 80 nations per day, although recently I would give it about a 75 average.

Strategically speaking, PG only needs 1 nation to pay off its "eternal tech" requirement, and even if slots usage is poor and approximates 40%, that would only go up to 2.5 nations to pay off its cost.

Today, Paraguas has obtained its first member, a 3-day old nation with a rather asinine nation bio.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=492698

Titito of the Bear Republic

Nation Created: 3/10/2012 4:11:45 AM (3 days old)
Alliance Seniority: 3/13/2012 2:04:06 AM (0 Days)

Infrastructure: 500.53
Tech: 95.98

5 tech deals at this moment, from Pax Corvus, ODN, Grey Council, TORN, and GDA. Most of these deals were sent before the nation entered the Paraguas AA; which suggests there might have been a policy to solicit aid before joining the AA due to Paraguas' diplomatic isolation.

The trades are currently fubared, and were apparently changed to Furs Wine, which is a standard FJ/AP TC trade set.

Improvements are not set up correctly; 3 GCs, 3 satellites. Did he sell infrastructure?

Typically, the half life for a generic nation is about 30 days, after which, half the population drops off. Since this nation has already been recruited into an alliance and has built up, the half-life is probably closer to 60 days, after which another half of the population drops off. Let's see how long this nation stays.

Edited by Instr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days old and already hitting three nations that are part of Doomhouse (2 MK, 1 Umbrella). Someone's a reroll and trying to start a little trouble. Of course that works better when your AA seniority is greater than zero days and your NS is above 3k.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1331669666' post='2937725']
5 tech deals at this moment, from Pax Corvus, ODN, Grey Council, TORN, and GDA. Most of these deals were sent before the nation entered the Paraguas AA; which suggests there might have been a policy to solicit aid before joining the AA due to Paraguas' diplomatic isolation.
[/quote]

Also name 5 AAs who just had a member get scammed out of 3 million...

Embarrassingly enough, two of the nations targeted have already been thrown into anarchy. Only a small 200 infra nation has not been anarchied as of yet.

So! Paraguas recruitment nation tracking. Day 3: picked up a rogue who anarchied two DH nations.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1331672994' post='2937741']
Embarrassingly enough, two of the nations targeted have already been thrown into anarchy. Only a small 200 infra nation has not been anarchied as of yet.

[/quote]

The rogue has three guerilla camps and is going against low level nations who keep a minimal military to reduce their bills. It is more embarrassing that he isn't 3/3 in anarchies. The rogue clearly knows what he is doing or has someone holding his hand. Note the GC purchases and Communism as his government. Heck half the people that size don't even bother to hit DEFCON 1 before attacking.

Yes, someone put some thought into this rogue, but not enough.

The 5 alliances he chose to aid scam, where the most damage probably be when all is said and done, says more about his intentions. Not that it helps, but at least he arranged those deals while flying no alliance flag at all.

You never indicated a commencement date in your OP. When ARE you starting?

Edited by Instr

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1331677515' post='2937778']
You never indicated a commencement date in your OP. When ARE you starting?
[/quote]

Why so hostile? :)

We set up an applications and interview process for the recruitment competition on our forums. A date will be set once that is completed.

We get that you want to link this rogue to the competition.

Also, you need to correct your OP, [b]all[/b], not "most" of his aid was received before he started this weak attempt at a false flag op.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/cfjXr.jpg[/img]

and

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9SwZN.jpg[/img]

Also, thanks for helping us get the word out on this ghosting rogue, in case anyone else does not already see and understand what he's up to.

edit: for reference for Vol Navy's post:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tMoz0.jpg[/img]

Edited by Phineas

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1331678289' post='2937782']
Given their recent history of ghosting to cause trouble, the in-game flag being used, and the nation bio I wouldn't be shocked if this was an MK plant. I'd be more shocked if it wasn't.
[/quote]

Excrement storm in 4..3..2..1

Given their recent history of ghosting to cause trouble, the in-game flag being used, and the nation bio I wouldn't be shocked if this was an MK plant. I'd be more shocked if it wasn't.
[/quote]

Oh come on, this is just too easy.

There's no limitations on who is allowed to fly the old MK flag.

In other news, this is Titito, the rogue.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=49809

I love his avatar, by the way. It's a reasonably entertaining gimmick, although not of top-tier quality.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1331682223' post='2937811']
There's no limitations on who is allowed to fly the old MK flag.

In other news, this is Titito, the rogue.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=49809

I love his avatar, by the way. It's a reasonably entertaining gimmick, although not of top-tier quality.
[/quote]

I enjoyed reading his post history. His updated bio also turned my frown upside down.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pY2rX.jpg[/img]

/me waves

edit: I'm not sure how Emma Watson got in that screenshot.

Edited by Phineas

Paraguas' "diplomatic isolation" has never hurt me in getting tech deals. If the people who deal with me now stop, I'm sure there are at least a million more willing to take my tech too. :P

Also that guy is an idiot. If Leet, Domisi, and Roq want I'll drop some infra and nuke him later tonight.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1331689639' post='2937881']
Paraguas' "diplomatic isolation" has never hurt me in getting tech deals. If the people who deal with me now stop, I'm sure there are at least a million more willing to take my tech too. :P

Also that guy is an idiot. If Leet, Domisi, and Roq want I'll drop some infra and nuke him later tonight.
[/quote]

Funny you mention that. I am in range now but I also have all 5 slots filled with tech deals. If someone wants to vouch for me and/or cover my tech deals, I'll gladly jump into this dance now. But doesn't it kind of seem like a waste? I mean if this is the excuse they want to use to roll us, shouldn't our attention be focused elsewhere? :unsure:

edit: Plus Titito just sent me a cute video of a bear. I'm pretty sure that nation leader is high.

Edited by Phineas

[/quote]

My first thought. MK has a history of doing things like this. I figured someone sympathetic to MK but not a member would later on try to make that rogue as visible as possible. The pattern fits. Yeah, starting a thread over a ghost in an irrelevant micro means you're either obsessed with every little move or trying to point out something specific.

Then again, it's a poorly picked flag - most of MK uses that other flag, so he can't just be jumping from the AA. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109659"]What we know of his background[/url] suggests that he joined up with ODN, and didn't hop off from MK. He seems like a typical start-up rogue getting his money from tech deals, not someone who's trying to do damage by tech scamming (tech scamming does minimal damage anyway). There's other little deductions that I can't mention here as well.

He seems a little too inept to be MK, but above average for a rogue.. maybe someone who has little bottom tier combat experience. Doesn't quite point to one side or another. He made a few mistakes. The funniest part was that he failed to anarchy the smallest guy.

So, I'd conclude that he's just a bored nation leader looking for trouble.

But hey, looks like easy tech for MK. I'm sure Quinoa Rex would be more than capable of handling him alone.

Send me that cute video of a bear!

I don't know, I've been tracking Paraguas for nation additions since Roq posted up his mass recruitment contest. I haven't seen any movement for 3 days, so when I found that PG suddenly obtained an additional member, I thought I'd post an update to tracking. If you're starting in 5 hours; well, that means my estimations of your join rate are wholly incorrect based on faulty data.

[/quote]
If we were going to do this (which we wouldn't), it wouldn't be going rogue on Umbrella and MK sellers.

nope; Quinoa probably had 0 troops at the moment of anarchy, and she retaliated through a max deploy / full deploy and attacked from there.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1331701083' post='2937941']
nope; Quinoa probably had 0 troops at the moment of anarchy, and she retaliated through a max deploy / full deploy and attacked from there.
[/quote]

Edit: Now I see.

Not much else going on around here, so I decided to walk outside and look at these wars a little more closely.

Damages are definitely occurring. And I'm reporting live from the field... Oh, the humanity!

Edited by Phineas