An Announcement From Sparta and AGW Overlords

Tulak Hord

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328965751' post='2918286']
I haven't talked to any of you in like a month. xfd [/quote]
Good, keep it up.

[quote]
Guess what? MK was doing it too and tried to reason with PC at the time. xfd[/quote] We weren't allied to MK at the time and truthfully relations with them weren't as good on an alliance level.

[quote]
Athens was colluding with them as well. Haha. [/quote] same goes for athens.

[quote]
Bottom line is you guys were idiots and as kilionmillionaire(sp) said they weren't expecting any support to begin with.
[/quote]
Ok I'll bite. How were we idiots?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328965617' post='2918284']
I said in March, when they started suiciding into MK. And my source was ODN.
[/quote]

I quite frankly don't care who your source was. From the day we declared on Legion, there was a thread on our forums called "The Legion Lottery" where we would count in 3 day increments how many legion nations >35K would come out of peace mode. And people would make their guesses as to what the number would be every 3 days. The LARGEST winner... was 4.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328965943' post='2918289']
Good, keep it up.

We weren't allied to MK at the time and truthfully relations with them weren't as good on an alliance level.

same goes for athens.

Ok I'll bite. How were we idiots?
[/quote]

Because you flipped !@#$ over the prospect of someone hitting the upper tier 135k NS nations Fark was struggling with(I've already said they're terrible militarily), when NEW didn't expect support from the start and is now allied to the alliance that insisted on an apology from them. It was all for nothing. Idiots may have been strong, misguided is a better term. Sorry.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=18399

[quote]Wow, how did our war became showed up in this thread? But it's good since i got clues about what happened back that day. For myself, NEW-DF war was really our retaliation against what DF did in the past. DF was the only personal matter within NEW membership, we even did that with full knowledge that we would be alone in the battlefield, we didn't expect our allies to help us, but there are true friends that helped us, and we really appreciated that. Now with no more DF, we will just building our nations for the sake of true friends that helped us in the past[/quote]

Found it.

PC was allied to Athens.

Edited by Roquentin

Now I'm going to grant the alliance seniority reasons for not just ghosting were pretty bad, too, so there was some irrationality on both sides. Seniority should be based on masking.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328966052' post='2918291']
Because you flipped !@#$ over the prospect of someone hitting the upper tier 135k NS nations Fark was struggling with(I've already said they're terrible militarily), when NEW didn't expect support from the start and is now allied to the alliance that insisted on an apology from them. It was all for nothing.
[/quote]

Ofcourse I was gonna flip my !@#$, we spent a lot of time and effort trying to arrange a way in which this was de-escalated (which was in the best interest of everyone in PB too). FARK didn't listen to us initially when we asked them to forget about this so they weren't gonna weasel themselves out of our arrangement, although I did really hate those guys taking advantage of our arrangement so I could understand why FARK was annoyed.

It's all fine and dandy that NEW is now stating that they didn't expect support, but they actually did expect support. It's also why they lashed out on us after we told them they were idiots for doing this without informing us. Yeah in the end it was all for nothing, but at that time they were our allies and we wanted to take care of them even though we weren't even committed to helping them out.

So we were trying to make the best out of it and make sure all of our allies were coming out of this remotely intact. How does that make US idiots?

Oh and I'd like to add that I'm not really sure about what happened with Athens and PC during the NEW incident because I wasn't in PC and we were too busy fixing this stuff to hear what every single alliance had to say about it.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328967267' post='2918301']
Ofcourse I was gonna flip my !@#$, we spent a lot of time and effort trying to arrange a way in which this was de-escalated (which was in the best interest of everyone in PB too). FARK didn't listen to us initially when we asked them to forget about this so they weren't gonna weasel themselves out of our arrangement, although I did really hate those guys taking advantage of our arrangement so I could understand why FARK was annoyed.

It's all fine and dandy that NEW is now stating that they didn't expect support, but they actually did expect support. It's also why they lashed out on us after we told them they were idiots for doing this without informing us. Yeah in the end it was all for nothing, but at that time they were our allies and we wanted to take care of them even though we weren't even committed to helping them out.

So we were trying to make the best out of it and make sure all of our allies were coming out of this remotely intact. How does that make US idiots?

Oh and I'd like to add that I'm in really sure about what happened with Athens and PC during the NEW incident because I wasn't in PC and we were too busy fixing this stuff to hear what every single alliance had to say about it.
[/quote]

Yeah, like I said, it was more misguided and NEW was bad at communication(go figure).

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328967409' post='2918302']
Yeah, like I said, it was more misguided and NEW was bad at communication(go figure).
[/quote]

What was misguided? And before all of this we were communicating with NEW just fine. I was actually quite shocked to see them not giving a !@#$ about us. Looking back I guess NEW just tied us because they wanted PB support for their crusade against DF or something.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328967779' post='2918303']
What was misguided? And before all of this we were communicating with NEW just fine. I was actually quite shocked to see them not giving a !@#$ about us. Looking back I guess NEW just tied us because they wanted PB support for their crusade against DF or something.
[/quote]

Well, it was kind of hard to get a hold of NEW during the whole thing, remember? They stood up a meeting with Fark at one point.

Congrats agw, congrats sparta

Things will be different during tne days ahead.

PS. It is funny to be criticized when our former Ephor had problems that made him absent durig. The last war, and make the same excuse for a former performance of athens.

To me $&@ happens. To use two weights is what I think not cool. but Thats just me.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328967828' post='2918304']
Well, it was kind of hard to get a hold of NEW during the whole thing, remember? They stood up a meeting with Fark at one point.
[/quote]

They weren't able to get a hold of intentionally. They just ignored us. Before that incident we talked almost daily.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328968150' post='2918309']
Yeah, so putting your necks on the line was kind of misguided is what I mean when they were doing that. That's all. It was well-intentioned but it was an intense situation.
[/quote]

I wouldn't use the term misguided. Would not even say that we were naive. We just did the best we could for our allies and our membership. Even if they were being intentionally dickish to us, they were still our allies.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328965900' post='2918288']
Tulak, pull your attack dog back before he bites the wrong person :smug:
[/quote]
I'd ask you not to attempt to degrade and debase Roquentin's assertions, simply because he's not willing to tow the line with everyone else, but I know it'd be fruitless. <_<

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1328967947' post='2918306']
Congrats agw, congrats sparta

Things will be different during tne days ahead.

PS. It is funny to be criticized when our former Ephor had problems that made him absent durig. The last war, and make the same excuse for a former performance of athens.

To me $&@ happens. To use two weights is what I think not cool. but Thats just me.
[/quote]

The REALLY ironic thing about what you just posted, is that THAT was my entire point concerning Roq's lashing out at Athens in this thread (literally out of nowhere, I might add), because the situations (assuming you guys are being real) is almost flipping identical. I know you wont admit it, but it was not ME being the hypocrite, and following the chronology of this discussion, you know this to be true.

The saddest thing in this thread is that Athens and Sparta are being used as leverage against one another in a debate.

Rush: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109067&view=findpost&p=2918227"]This post[/url] is what inspired Rod's initial quip. Chronologically (and pretty clearly) he's reacting and not instigating. (He's also the one who initially pointed out the irony of the situation, which [i]actually[/i] makes all of your posts about irony... well, ironic. :rolleyes:)

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1328968879' post='2918316']
The saddest thing in this thread is that Athens and Sparta are being used as leverage against one another in a debate.

Rush: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109067&view=findpost&p=2918227"]This post[/url] is what inspired Rod's initial quip. Chronologically (and pretty clearly) he's reacting and not instigating. (He's also the one who initially pointed out the irony of the situation, which [i]actually[/i] makes all of your posts about irony... well, ironic. :rolleyes:)
[/quote]

Well silly me for not seeing how a post from a TLR member, from someone who was never in Athens, could lead to a lashing out at Athens, for being in essentially the same situation in the DH-NPO war, as Sparta claims to have been in in this war. Thank you for enlightening me.

On a more serious note, I echo your sentiment that this is all very demeaning to what once was a wonderful relationship, and in deference to that, and in order to not further derail this thread, I will exit this conversation, and congratulate AGW on pre-emptively stopping further raids.

[quote name='Ghuxalia' timestamp='1328970344' post='2918328']
Hey Sparta/AGW, I heard you guys like black! Can you confirm or deny this rumour?
[/quote]

I hear NG don't like black.

In all seriousness, honourable move by Sparta. And congrats to the AGW Overlords!

=LOST='s performance was comparable or worse than Athens'. Just saying since you quit the convo. Want to leave it at that.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328969848' post='2918326']
I hope you guys are more willing to defend these guys than the last time you ended up at war.
[/quote]

Hi. Have you read most of this thread, alden? Letum has vouched for my anti-PM credentials.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328971177' post='2918340']Hi. Have you read most of this thread, alden? Letum has vouched for my anti-PM credentials.
[/quote]

I'll believe it when I see it but i suppose I am hopeful.

Plenty of alliances talk tough on these forums to change their minds when it matters.