Operation Khyber Pass

king of cochin

When the Sovereign of Arctica was informed of the developing situation in his country's ally of Cochin, his response was a rather vulgar departure from his usual personality. "$%&@, $%&@, $%&@, $%&@, [b]$%&@.[/b]" He looked at the men sitting in front of the desk, some of them in slightly ruffled suits, some of them in military uniform, fingering the edges of the hats that lay in their laps.

Vedran tapped a drawn ballpoint pen on his desk, leaving a little pinprick of blue with each motion. If it was a pencil, if he used pencils, he would have snapped it in half. "This couldn't have come at a worse time." Indeed, the country was in an economic recession, the cost of extending government control of the core of former Transvaal and rebuilding two major cities literally from the ground had taken a toll on the country's treasury. Mechanical defects or a simple lack of funding had left the majority of the Navy in mothballs, and the ground forces had been downsized considerably. They were in no shape to be waging war with such powers. They could have stood a chance before the whole Transvaal crisis, but the present day was a different thing entirely.

"$%&@," Vedran repeated, and tensed his muscles, resisting the temptation to blow off some steam by throwing the pen. But it would do no good if he couldn't keep himself in control, and instead clicked the pen retracted and set it on the desk with a difficult tenderness, composing himself and leaning forward, setting his hands on the table in a steeple.

His reserved tantrum was over, and when he spoke, it was once more with his characteristic calmness as he turned to look at one of the uniformed men. "So, what are our options..."

------

[quote]Message to the National Government of Cochin

We are deeply concerned by recent world events that have led to the declaration of war against your nation by several powers, and are further regretful that such measures had to be taken over a strategically insignificant region of land.

When the Foreign Minister of Cochin had visited Arctica several years ago to initiate diplomatic relations between our two states, he discussed with our own foreign minister the importance of caution in foreign affairs, he had concurred with our cautious foreign policy, especially when war was concerned. Arctica has long been an opponent of the kind of rampant conflicts that have afflicted the turbulent continent of Europe, and our government was assured that, as a condition of our entering into closer relations with the Kingdom of Cochin, that the Kingdom was a wise nation that shared our concerns.

In seems that, in the intervening time, the Kingdom has either reconsidered the mentioned policy or that a very irresponsible string of decisions has precipitated the conflict that now befalls us. Whichever it is, this is not a good sign for the citizens of the world that such an old and respected nation had fallen susceptible to this kind of behavior.

If the current situation is to be weighed in simple strategic terms, then it is unbefitting any government, whether an old one like Cochin, or the brashest of militants and upstart movements, that such a large risk must be taken, that such a whirlwind must be aroused over a small, insignificant territory. If it is honor or face that the Kingdom of Cochin seeks to defend by maintaining its position over the territory, then it should be enough to know that there are multitudes of soldiers willing to defend it without question of the wisdom of such a position, and, that no matter how unwise such a decision, no matter the risk or reluctance that we, as your allies, must consider because of your decision, we will stand by you in this crisis.

Despite my deep regret and disapproval over your decision to maintain your position and pursue this course of action; despite the state of disrepair of the Union's military, and despite the disorder and despair that would intrude upon the lives of the peace-loving people of Arctica, we have our own duty.

For such an untenable position of war over such a tiny prize and by such a great risk to both our peoples, it is my sad yet obliged duty to declare our intent to defend the honor and law of the pact entered into by the Union of Arctica and the Kingdom of Cochin.

I can only beg you to weigh your most sacred duties: that to your honor, and that to the wellbeing of the people you are sworn to protect, and decide which one it is that you value more.

We are, and shall remain, your loyal and honor-bound allies,
The Office of the Sovereign
Oceana, Arctica.[/quote]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Arctica

Greetings,

When we embarked upon this operation, by all perceptions Rebel Army had dissolved into anarchy and we had simply acted to preserve order in the region. However if Rebel Army had made their presence felt this would not have proceeded. Even now, with Rebel Army announcing its thriving existence we have offered to retreat to the previous lines. However Rebel Army's allies are determined to wage war on the Kingdom despite the concessions we have offered and the explanations we have offered and for now the onus on preventing war rests upon the wise counsels in Rebel Army, to choose whether to consider this a consequence of simple miscommunication or to escalate this into a war that would see the lives of millions lost.

We thank Arctica from the depths of our heart for its offer of assistance and much gravely required it is too. We look forward to ways and means to resolve this situation without bloodshed, but if our enemies are intent on war without reservations, then we must defend ourselves.

Yours,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin

The Strategic Artillery Corps and the various SOP Artillery Battalions have readied their systems to track and engage the enemy mobilizations that would come if the enemies continue pushing for war. The three Divisions deployed for Operation Khyber Pakhtunwa have now retreated even further towards Cochin borders, the 8th ACR is now on the outskirts of Gosree City and the 10th IR and the 4th Airborne Division are now 50 kms from Cochin sovereign borders in Punjab.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1322054689' post='2849674']
[i]"We are disappointed to see the Kingdom of Cochin proceed on this aggressive course of action after repeated warnings from various parties."[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i][b]-Monaco External Affairs Ministry[/b][/i]
[i][b]
[/b][/i]
[b]
[/b]
[/quote]

We point to Monaco the verifiable fact of our retreating forces after the announcement from Rebel Army.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1322054772' post='2849675']
We point to Monaco the verifiable fact of our retreating forces after the announcement from Rebel Army.
[/quote]

[i]"The policy of shooting first and answering later is in itself disappointing. Maybe cooperating with the TSI on the issue of the territory would have been better rather than walking in with a military force." [/i]

Private to the Kingdom of Cochin

[quote]While this turn of events is indeed unfortunate, we do see merit in the thoughts behind your deeds. Without the benefit of hindsight, would we have acted similarly? Perhaps, perhaps not. We will not judge you.

The Kingdom of Cochin has been a valuable partner in helping East Africa recover from the shadow of Nodic Oppression. No actions of yours will ever change that. While we will not support your expeditionary forces within Rebel Army held territories, we are prepared to aid you with whatever political, economic or, yes, even military requirements you will undoubtedly need with regards to your homeland and territories abroad.

I pray for you as much as I pray for the Blood Followers of mine that are prepared to pay the ultimate price in the coming days. I say this not to invoke a sense of guilt or remorse from the venerable Kingdom of Cochin. I merely wish to express my firm resolution to see this disaster to the end if need be - all for the glory of love and friendship.

[/quote]Princess [i]Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo
[/i]Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, For the Principality of Aeon

Edited by Executive Minister

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5tKvwoPy9SM/S_Z3RXrq8BI/AAAAAAAAIhs/SgOdRZ7-b58/s1600/new-seal.jpg[/img][/center]

[size="5"][center][b]Official Declaration From The Republic of Texas[/b][/center][/size]

[center]While, as of now, this war may be isolated in Asia and Europe, if any actions are taken against the people or major infrastructure of the so far uninvolved Western Hemisphere, it may lead to a Declaration of War from the Republic of Texas. We understand that the United Federation of The East has holdings in the region known as Alaska, but we ask that the Federation and that the Kingdom try to keep war out of the Western Hemisphere, especially out of regions which they do not own or control in North America or South America.

Hopefully both sides will choose to not involve the New World in this ordeal, however The Republic will not stand for any attack against her allies or any innocent people of the Western Hemisphere. We offer our prayers to both sides that this conflict is ended quickly without to much bloodshed and that the use of WMDs is completely avoided. For these reasons, unless other major developments occur, The Republic of Texas hereby Declares [b]Neutrality[/b] in this entire conflict. Humanitarian aid will be sent to both sides, not one favored over the other.
God Bless, God Speed, and May God Help You All.

Benjamin Gates
[b]The President of The Republic of Texas[/b][/center]

[b][i][u]Classified[/u][/i] Orders[/b]

Five fighters were scrambled across the country and an order was given to have at least five birds in the air at all times. The Navy let The [i]Liberty[/i], [i]Tranquility[/i], and [i]Salvation[/i] set sail through Texas holdings in the Gulf of Mexico. They stayed apart and kept close along the edge of Texas waters. 10,000 soldiers were immediately organized right outside of Austin and became battle ready, although any type of battle scenario was unlikely, they still were ready for an invasion of their capital. Border Police were told to be more cautious of any European or Asian trying to get into Texas, however not to abuse them.

The country was taken from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 4, the first DEFCON change in the country's history.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1322055464' post='2849678']
[i]"The policy of shooting first and answering later is in itself disappointing. Maybe cooperating with the TSI on the issue of the territory would have been better rather than walking in with a military force." [/i]
[/quote]

We have not had to resort to deadly forces till now. As we have explained several times for all perceptions Rebel Army seemed to be in anarchy being incommunicado. At the first instance of Rebel Army being not in anarchy we have pulled back and in a few hours our entire expeditionary forces would be within Cochin borders. Does that action merit escalation into a shooting war?

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1322058530' post='2849689']
Private to the Kingdom of Cochin

Princess [i]Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo
[/i]Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, For the Principality of Aeon
[/quote]

[quote]To: Aeon

We thank Aeon for its assistance during these trying times. We have started our withdrawal from the Rebel Army protected territories and if a war comes it would not be to get Rebel Army territories but to defend ourselves against the opportunistic enemies.

Yours,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin[/quote]

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1322054772' post='2849675']
[/quote]

"You should not have sent troops in the first place. This was not an "oops" mistake your nation made against Rebel Army, this was a blatant act of aggression for the purposes of expansion."

The 8th Armored Cavalry Regiment has now fully retreated behind Cochin territorial borders of Gosree City. The 10th Infantry Regiment and the 4th Airborne Division has also retreated behind Cochin borders in Punjab. The Combat Air Patrol mounted by the RF05 and RF06 regiments of Royal Cochin Air Force are also now maintaining its patrol within Gosree City airspace while more RCAF Regiments have started patrols along the border airspace of the Kingdom. With the SADN and AADN networks fully in operation and every Cochin unit mobilized within Cochin borders, defensive posture is ready to meet any aggressive onslaught on the Kingdom of Cochin.

The additional Infantry Division that was deployed to reinforce the 8th ACR in Balochistan is the last unit to withdraw and its last battalion crossed the border to the Sindh Province of the Kingdom thus the last Cochin unit is out of the Rebel Army protected territories and airspace.

With the complete retreat obtained, the Ministry of External Affairs would send the following public announcement.

[quote]To: The Nations of the World

As you may have noticed, South Asia is now on the brink of war, a happenstance which we are sorry to say is the result of a miscommunication for which we are also responsible. Perceiving anarchy in Rebel Army due to a complete lack of communication emanating from the nation, we had embarked on an expedition to secure the Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunwa and FATA regions which had been previously protected by Rebel Army. At no time during this period were we contacted by any Rebel Army unit indicative of a mistake in our perception. Now that Rebel Army has shown itself to be active, the Kingdom of Cochin has withdrawn all of its forces from the area. However war hysteria is being drummed up by a cabal of nations who for all intents seem hell bent on aggressive war against the Kingdom of Cochin. This is no longer a war to defend Rebel Army, but it is now turning to be a War of Aggression against the Kingdom of Cochin.

We do not refuse the fact that there has been a mistake, there has been a mis communication. But should it be escalated into a war spanning continents? To those nations accusing us of aggression, we ask who is the real aggressor? Is war being drummed up to free territories that are illegally occupied by us or evict us from forcefully invaded lands? No. A war is being drummed up to attack Cochin sovereign territories. We thank our allies for standing with us and we hope that they continue to support us.

Yours,

His Highness Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin[/quote]

*CLASSIFIED*

The Sovereign Prince received a request from Athens to help reinforce the Naval Strength of the Coalition in the South Atlantic and help maintain peace in the Mediterranean. Following the request to activate the MDoAP the Sovereign Prince sent a note to the National Council.

~

The Council passed a resolution agreeing to activate the MDoAP with Athens and help defend the South Atlantic from possible attacks from the Kingdom of Cochin. Further the Canal of Cadiz would remain closed to all Cochin vessels and so will the Straits of Gibraltar. The Resolution also stated that an invasion of the Kingdom of Cochin will not be carried out by Monegasque forces unless specifically requested by Athens but a voluntary force will be sent to fight along with Athens in case they engage in a land war with Cochin. The resolution was sent to the Monegasque High Command.

~

The Military High Command ordered the state to enter DEFCON 1 and the Military Armed Forces Special Powers which allows the independence of the military from executive and legislative interference. An order for all 740,000 troops to resume active duty a part of the Home Defense Forces. The 200,000 troops stationed in the Caribbean were put on DEFCON 1 THREAT LEVEL HIGH with Battle group New Monaco which consists of 3 Aircraft Carriers, 3 Destroyers, 10 Submarines and 3 Battleships started patrolling duties around New Monaco waiting for permission to patrol the South Atlantic along with Athenian forces. Requests were sent to Athens to use their Naval Bases for docking and permission to start patrolling the South Atlantic.

*PUBLIC*
[quote][center][size="2"]
[/size][/center]
[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Coat_of_Arms_of_Monaco.svg/250px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Monaco.svg.png[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center][center]Official Declaration by the Sovereign Prince of Monaco-Valencia[/center]
[center][b]
[/b][/center][left]Monaco-Valencia has activated the Mutual Defense and Operational Aggression Pact with Athens along with the Mediterranean Union and declares war on the Kingdom of Cochin. Monaco-Valencia stands united with Athens and will aid Athens economically and militarily in their war with the Kingdom of Cochin and we shall be a part of this war until peace is reached between Athens and the Kingdom of Cochin. We are disappointed that it has come down to this but we will not backdown from our commitments with Athens.[/left][left]
[/left][left]Deo Juvante we shall succeed. [/left][left]
[/left][left]-His Serene Highness, Sovereign Prince of Monaco-Valencia Albert II[/left][/quote]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1322064979' post='2849753']
"You should not have sent troops in the first place. This was not an "oops" mistake your nation made against Rebel Army, this was a blatant act of aggression for the purposes of expansion."
[/quote]

If Rebel Army had indeed fallen into anarchy well being of the people of those regions would have been our responsibility. It is for that intention that we embarked upon this expedition. If you consider it a blatant act of aggression, it is an aggression that has been remedied.

Seeing the Cochinese message to the world, Lavo Shalam saw it fit to air his own message, one to explain his nation's perspective.

[quote]An open letter; addressed to all nations of the world.

Many years ago, Rebel Army inherited a small piece of land in Europe, from our then ally Gebiv, to protect and oversee. We did such, sending in soldiers and basic materials to maintain order and regular life in the region. One nation claimed the area was in anarchy, that nothing was being done in the region. We said this was false, and pointed to everyone that was there under our flag, and that we had in fact secured the area. We were rebuffed, and the enemy pressed onwards. This would result in the Balkan War, one of the most brutal and bloody wars in human history.

Today, the Kingdom of Cochin went into one of Protectorates with it's armed forces, under the pretense that Rebel Army had ceased to exist and was in anarchy. They are the only nation that had done this, the Republic of Guyana, which voiced similar concerns, attempted to make contact before taking military action, knowing that the odds were that Rebel Army was functioning as usual, and they were correct. The Kingdom was warned by several nations that Rebel Army was still around, and were by the border patrol units on the Cochinese border. These pleas were all ignored, and the Cochin armed forces pressed onwards, just like the terrible war all those years ago. However things have changed since then; namely Rebel Army was prepared to deal with an invasion of it's territory and protectorates, should the situation arise.

When it became clear that Rebel Army would not stand for a hostile invasion, and that it had several nations supporting it during it's time of need, only then did the Kingdom of Cochin withdraw to it's borders. Not when it was warned that Rebel Army was still around, only when it was clear Rebel Army would not roll over and die.

This sort of behavior is deplorable and intolerable. It is a clear sign of the Cochinese's wish to expand into territory it considers their own, and is a blatant act of aggression and hostility towards Rebel Army. We [i]will not[/i] let this come to pass without consequence. As such, we refuse to believe and reject the notion that the current debacle arose due to a simple miscommunication; the situation is much deeper than that. There is an expression in the many cultures and communities across the globe; it goes along the lines of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you". In the case of Rebel Army, there will not be a second time. We will press onwards and punish those who seek to harm us for territorial expansion and whatever other nefarious goals they may have.

-[i]Lavo Shalam[/i], Prime Minister of Rebel Army[/quote]

Edited by Lavo_2

At no time did Rebel Army try to contact us as we entered the aforementioned territories and at the first instance of Rebel Army contact with us we have withdrawn. No single Cochin unit now stands in Rebel Army territory. What more should we do? The miscommunication occurred it is a fact. We have never bore any ill will towards Rebel Army. However if Rebel Army escalates this issue and wages war on the Kingdom, we shall defend ourselves. We ask you to be reasonable and avert war. We are willing to choose the path of diplomacy, but if in the arrogance of your and your allies' strength you pursue war against the Kingdom we shall fight war.

We have done what is expected of us, in light of the misunderstanding from our part, to retreat from Rebel Army protected territories. We have done that at the first instance of Rebel Army communication. Now Rebel Army has no more cause for war other than an intent at the destruction of the Kingdom of Cochin, and by Lord, we shall defend ourselves.

We do not remember what happened in Balkans but the situation here is different. At the first sign that Rebel Army is in fact alive we have withdrawn. So please do not make unfair comparisons and start pursuing the path of reason. It is now Rebel Army's choice - Diplomacy or a war that would see the death of millions.

"It should not be on the invaded to contact the aggressor. The fact you believe the nation should contact you, when you were the one invading it, only shows the arrogance of your leaders. You started a war, hoping to obtain the fruits of labor with ease and failed because you overlooked the most important action in the art diplomacy."

**Classified**

With the threat of war, and the declaration of war by Irish allies, Ireland military forces were placed on high alert. Land forces were mobilized and the reserves were called in to training. 400,000 men,1,000 tanks and artillery were mobilized for war within the next 48 hours. Naval forces in the Baltic Sea and in the Irish were ordered to rendezvous with Swedish and Athenian naval forces in the Southern Atlantic. 3 carriers, 10 submarines, and 10 other surface ships were heading out to the location specified. The Air Force was ordered to arm planes and prepare for war. 60 squadrons were preparing for war. Supporting units were preparing to deploy to the Iran region of Rebel Army. A request was sent for permission to land and base out of an airport in Iran to Rebel Army. The nuclear command of Ireland was ordered to arm the arsenal and prepare for any possible nuclear strikes against Ireland and her allies.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1322065251' post='2849763']
If Rebel Army had indeed fallen into anarchy well being of the people of those regions would have been our responsibility. It is for that intention that we embarked upon this expedition. If you consider it a blatant act of aggression, it is an aggression that has been remedied.
[/quote]

So if we were to just march into Greater Germany and claim it is to protect them from anarchy while they are in fact very stable it is allowed? I hope you do realize the errors in your argument.

---

[b]Classified[/b]

Orders were issued the Fifth Army to enter Rebel Army territory through the European border, these forces would move near the border with Aeon in preparation of any attack, in a similar procedure the Fourth Army would move to the Western border of the Kingdom of Cochin using Rebel Army territory and later on the protectorate in Pakistan. The Sixth Army while not deployed yet would remain in Iberia in preparation of an actual location.

The Hellenic Air Force would move to their emergency procedures, all aircraft were fueled and reserves were prepared to replace destroyed units. Five F-1 squadrons and 5 F-99 squadrons would be moved to Rebel Army airbases near the border with the protectorate. Two squadrons of U-2s of which 15 in the A configuration, 5 in the B configuration and 4 in the C configuration would establish a line throughout the eastern South Atlantic to provide full coverage of the region.

The Atlantic Fleet as was tradition for war time would maintain a distance between individual ships to avoid easy detection or destruction, for now the ships would remain in friendly international waters. To anyone working inside the Hellenic Forces it would be clear they were working on the most ideal targets. All allies would receive unrestricted access.

Edited by Centurius

[quote][center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kLMBG.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[i]In the event of a conflict between both of our allies, Rebel Army, and the Kingdom of Cochin we will remain neutral choosing to honor the Article I present within both of our treaties. That being said, while we will not break our prior commitment to Cochin by assisting the Rebel Army, we do not condone the actions of Cochin, and to that end we are deeply disturbed. The explanations provided by the Kingdom are in our judgment wholly inadequate. Throughout the military incursion of Cochin, there was a multitude of signs indicating that the Rebel Army remained a dominating force in the target territory. Border guards were posted, inter-authority communications were in place, and basic services continued to be provided. The Kingdom contends that they believed the entirety of Rebel Army had fallen into Anarchy, this is itself difficult to believe. Such a collapse would be felt across the globe, it would be reported by every news agency, reflected by global economic recession, and more importantly it would be noticed by the foreign diplomatic staff of the Rebel Army. While it is conceivable that a break down of Communications occurred on the Kingdom side, the reality that the Kingdom failed to investigated further before launching a full scale invasion of the Rebel Army's Kyber Pass hold makes the Kingdom incompetent at best, or at the very worst, aggressors in a crypto-war of conquest. To that end we believe action necessarily must be taken, whether this be some horrible mistake, or the botched project of a conniving regime, Avalon must guard itself against the dangers of probable ineptitude or unguided ambition. Therefore following the resolution of this affair, be it a treaty concluding a protracted war, or a swift peace the Council of Avalon has concluded that it will be necessary to dissolve all ties with the Kingdom.

With that let it be known that the conclusion of this affair will automatically trigger article IV clause ii of the Cochin-Pacifican Defense Pact.

~Michael Atrevier, Councilor Superior of Avalon
~The Council of Avalon[/i]
[/quote]

Edited by iamthey

[center][img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3708/530pxarcticregionalflag.gif[/img][/center]

"The Forces of the Kingdom of Cochin are out numbered, there is no need to see more declarations of war when they are this outnumbered. Any other nation declaring on The Kingdom of Cochin will be seen as over-kill and a breach of inhumane civilian treatment. The Federation of Arctic Regions seek to establish a peaceful solution to this conflict immediatly. We will lend whatever hands we can to help restore a peaceful solution. All government members of the United Federation of the East, Athens, Monaco-Valencia, Kingdom of Cochin, Rebel Army, and all other involved parties may use the capital building in Spitsbergen as a neutral zone to end this conflict if they would like. At the end of this conflict we will be assisting Rebel Army and Kingdom of Cochin to rebuild themselves if they shall accept our request to do so. The reason we are aiding both nations at the end of this conflict is to ensure our neutrality in the conflict."

[code]
TO: Kingdom of Cochin Government and Rebel Army Government
SUBJ: Reparations
DATE: 11/23/11

As was publicly announced... At the end of this conflict, we would like to assist you in rebuilding efforts. Please let us know of all resources you will need including humanitarian aid and financial aid and we will do our best to send it.

Thanks,
President Espen Varin of FAR[/code]

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322078196' post='2849891']
[center][img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3708/530pxarcticregionalflag.gif[/img][/center]

"The Forces of the Kingdom of Cochin are out numbered, there is no need to see more declarations of war when they are this outnumbered. Any other nation declaring on The Kingdom of Cochin will be seen as over-kill and a breach of inhumane civilian treatment. The Federation of Arctic Regions seek to establish a peaceful solution to this conflict immediatly. We will lend whatever hands we can to help restore a peaceful solution. All government members of the United Federation of the East, Athens, Monaco-Valencia, Kingdom of Cochin, Rebel Army, and all other involved parties may use the capital building in Spitsbergen as a neutral zone to end this conflict if they would like. At the end of this conflict we will be assisting Rebel Army and Kingdom of Cochin to rebuild themselves if they shall accept our request to do so. The reason we are aiding both nations at the end of this conflict is to ensure our neutrality in the conflict."

[code]
TO: Kingdom of Cochin Government and Rebel Army Government
SUBJ: Reparations
DATE: 11/23/11

As was publicly announced... At the end of this conflict, we would like to assist you in rebuilding efforts. Please let us know of all resources you will need including humanitarian aid and financial aid and we will do our best to send it.

Thanks,
President Espen Varin of FAR[/code]
[/quote]

"Not that you can actually keep anyone from getting involved, but wars fought by even sides often take longer to resolve and are therefore bloodier. Assuming you actually want to save the lives of civilians, you should be adding your forces to the strongest coalition as to further tip the imbalance and hasten a resolution. It also goes without saying that even wars often turn into nuclear ones." - Michael Atrevier, Councilor Superior of Avalon

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1322078708' post='2849899']
"Not that you can actually keep anyone from getting involved, but wars fought by even sides often take longer to resolve and are therefore bloodier. Assuming you actually want to save the lives of civilians you should be adding your forces to the strongest coalition as to hasten a resolution and prevent the high probability resort to nuclear weapons." - Michael Atrevier, Councilor Superior of Avalon
[/quote]

"But we believe the opinion of both sides, and personally we do not find jumping on the bandwagon to help someone because they're stronger establishes anything. Wars are fought over opinions and no nation should change it policies simply because a stronger nation wants it to. The Sovereignty of a nation should be within its leaders, not a nation that is stronger than it is."

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322078920' post='2849901']
"But we believe the opinion of both sides, and personally we do not find jumping on the bandwagon to help someone because they're stronger establishes anything. Wars are fought over opinions and no nation should change it policies simply because a stronger nation wants it to. The Sovereignty of a nation should be within its leaders, not a nation that is stronger than it is."
[/quote]

If only the Kingdom had recognized the sovereignty of Rebel Army from the start.

[quote][code]
To: The United Federation of the East

From outright enemies to edgy neutrals we had developed an amity and friendship. Do you seek to throw that all out over an issue of miscommunication? We do not wish to war you and throw the years of painstaking diplomacy all away. We hope that you shall at least remain neutral in this war.

Yours,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin[/code][/quote]

To: HH Kerala Varma

You seem to continuously failing to grasp the obvious here. You can't think that everything revolves around pleasing you and being subordinate to you. Your nation invaded another. And you are saying that the burden of peace is on them and that they need to contact you to prevent you from not entering their territory. If I sent my armies to liberate Tibet and Xinjiang, you would go ape !@#$ and shoot back. You would not say, "Excuse me would you please go back across the border." It continuously seems like you feel you are special. You are entitled to a different set of standards than everyone else. You've as an 'ally' continuously spoken down about our allies, and attempted to impose your will on others thinking your entitled to be the sole master of Central Asia. This attitude of yours is astounding. I do not know how you see it or how you think you don't have to put any effort into change and should be entitled to do what you want, and if it back fires you should get a white peace automatically. This makes little sense and seems hypocritical and conceited.

I've not seen a single ounce of contrition from you. I've not seen a single ounce of genuine regret. You invade another country and then try to play the victim. We even told you that this would happen and that Rebel Army was in one piece. What kind of ally is that? Are these things really [i]that hard[/i] to understand? How many times do you have to not take our advice and get burned before you realize what we tell you was for your own benefit but there is a limit to our patience.

Yuan Jia

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322078920' post='2849901']
[/quote]

"No one is demanding your nation change its opinion. On the contrary I am advising you in the best possible course to achieving your goals. Based on your prior proclamation it seems as though your primary interest in this conflict is the preservation of civilian lives, but your proposed remedy is to oppose those who would tip the scales. Balanced wars are often protracted and generally become nuclear, in this regard balanced wars maximize civilian casualties and the scope of humanitarian disaster. Instead you should seek the earliest possible resolution by rendering the war as unbalanced as possible, to do this you should support the strongest side. That was the substance of my position." - Michael Atrevier, Councilor Superior of Avalon

Edited by iamthey