The GM's Court

Centurius

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1346557600' post='3027308']
naturally, Triyun. ;)

But yeah, what WAS the IC motivation? I still don't get it.
[/quote]
IC motivation is needed? My last war was started from Volfruiebgaoevr losing their option for a military base because a nation that attacked me without reason collapsed IC months later. Even though I generally surrendered in that war.

Stealing land for resources can be a valid motive for war (See Iraq-Kuwait 1990), however, most rational nations would label you as a rogue dictator and very quickly expunge you from the land you just took (See Iraq-The Rest of the World 1991). However, if you have the support of the world's superpowers, you can simply ignore that (See Israel-West Bank 1967-2012).

Triyun, he didn't post that belief IC. :P

And yes, Isaac, even if the initial war is OOC-justified (discouraged, but not always provable), the attacker needs to find some reason for their nation to want to go to war with who you are targeting. Even if it's just provided in the actual DoW.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1346560515' post='3027332']
Stealing land for resources can be a valid motive for war (See Iraq-Kuwait 1990), however, most rational nations would label you as a rogue dictator and very quickly expunge you from the land you just took (See Iraq-The Rest of the World 1991). However, if you have the support of the world's superpowers, you can simply ignore that (See Israel-West Bank 1967-2012).
[/quote]Except he didn't even post why he did it...just...BAM. War. Out of the blue.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346559426' post='3027327']
IC motivation is needed? My last war was started from Volfruiebgaoevr losing their option for a military base because a nation that attacked me without reason collapsed IC months later. Even though I generally surrendered in that war.
[/quote]
Technically the collapse of an ally during a war combined with the potential loss of a naval base does constitute an IC reasoning.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1346560596' post='3027337']
Except he didn't even post why he did it...just...BAM. War. Out of the blue.
[/quote]
Patrick=Rogue Dictator. We really should all RP his leader as a mentally unstable war monger, and do what normal nations in this case would do and usher in a regime change. Of course we all know there were OOC reasons (patrick wanted to RP where he lives). But in the end, this thing was wiped, and it's all behind us.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1345874806' post='3025143']
I'd like two rolls on Sarah to begin ELINT/SIGINT operations against both the TAF and UGZF. I want to start mapping out the attacks she makes on innocent African citizens so I can begin piecing together where they are coming from. Video feeds and whatever as well, but this is pretty much just a usage of today's rolls. The real stuff comes in the next round of rolls when the UAVs come into play.

[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/GM/mee.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
1-70=Win
71-100=Loss

Roll 1: 77
Roll 2: 99

Wow, sorry bro

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1346599008' post='3027427']
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/zoots.jpg/][IMG]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5829/zoots.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Requesting two spyrolls on England.

SIGINT/ELINT
[/quote]
1-70=Win
71-100=Lose

Roll 1= 54
Roll 2= 75

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346489029' post='3027104']
[IMG]http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af349/Isaac-Johnson/spyops.png[/IMG]

Two rolls
One to find and track the positions and movements of the Scottish military using Sky Net
One to use a spy (part of the shipment of scientists and engineers) to head north to monitor the situation during the invasion.
[/quote]
1-90= Win
91-100= Loss

Roll 1= 57
Roll 2= 34

Spyroll request.

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1690/killem.png[/img]

Two. Both for using my existing infiltration of the Vaulian military net to retrieve coordinates/statuses/basing locations of all Vaulian military assets operating in my theater. If the first roll is successful, please use the other for the successful obscuring of the Princess' escape vehicle from Athenian sensors.

Edited by Mara Lithaen

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1346803915' post='3027909']
Spyroll request.

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1690/killem.png[/img]

Two. Both for using my existing infiltration of the Vaulian military net to retrieve coordinates/statuses/basing locations of all Vaulian military assets operating in my theater. If the first roll is successful, please use the other for the successful obscuring of the Princess' escape vehicle from Athenian sensors.
[/quote]

1-50= Win
51-100= Loss

58 = Loss
24 = Win

Only the coordinates/statues/basing locations are received.

@Mara:
I'd just like to clarify that regarding my military networks, I use two separate and mutually exclusive networks (technically I have a third network but the information you are seeking wouldn't be on that network): one for my regular armed forces and one for my OZ forces. Therefore I'd just like to clarify that you would have the information from one of those two networks.

[quote]

The virus codenamed "False Kneel" - slunk about the trashed security measures, dipping into files and identifying their contents, when it stumbled upon the Eastern Command files... a veritable treasure-trove of information on Vaule's deployed and eastern-based forces in the Imperium's vicinity, as well as their movements and orders, which the virus wasted no time in transmitting back to the Imperial Guard... who immediately authorized the launch of the LLASM-ER missiles along the coastlines once the satellite-recon verification was complete, the added boosters giving them the range to get the missiles themselves within range for their hypersonic sprint modes to engage the Zhukov, TF Beta, TF Gamma, and TF Delta, with a total of 100 missiles launched against the fleets, with more slated to be launched as they became available.
[/quote]

This is a blatant Godmod as the mere rp'ing that file exists is a godmod not even the requested spy rolls allowed as Mara ignored the fact she could only get the coordinates/statues/basing locations. Noone keeps their deployments in one mainframe file with its deployments and Order of Battle in it. I am giving a notice that this part of Mara's post should be wiped.