The GM's Court

Centurius

[quote]Im not going to give him a break, I was never given a break.[/quote]
Nobile cause, I say we push away all new RPers from now on.

[quote]Im saying it how it is. [/quote]

No you are saying it how you want it to be.

[quote]I have NEVER claimed to control the islands or its people so pipe down, they are contested, NOBODY can claim them until the war is over.[/quote]
I meant you lack the ability to contest the entire island, he has military control over areas but I see where you are coming from.
[quote]His stuff would be possible if PD had not bombed the $%&@ out of him beforehand.[/quote]
Bombed cities yes.
[quote]Nut up or shut up, if you want to fight for him, then fight for him ICly.[/quote]
There is the big man losing an argument resorting to altercation.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the third time I am not arguing your reasons, I am arguing your means. I am also arguing that is more then likely that he has more then 200,000 troops, he is being invaded. He is only limited by his NS. The French amassed the first army of over 1 million men in total war in a VERY short time.

edit: in western history not world history.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1343857532' post='3017619']
For the third time I am not arguing your reasons, I am arguing your means. I am also arguing that is more then likely that he has more then 200,000 troops, he is being invaded. He is only limited by his NS. The French amassed the first army of over 1 million men in total war in a VERY short time.
[/quote]

As a GM now, im telling you to stop posting unless you have any GM worthy shens for Curristan or Lynneth to rule on. Your contributing nothing. Takee to the OOC thread if you wish to continue.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343856326' post='3017606']
It means Adolf, that because the land is disputed, you can only control your military. The civilians remain undecided on ownership. Furthermore, as it is contested, and coming directly out of another war, I cannot accept that a quarter million people have military grade equipment, I cannot accept the usage of a full airforce, let alone 90% of the defences your deploying against me right after Ireland attacked them all.

I will not accept the casualties your posting for me, I decide how much I lose. In short, 90% of your anti air stuff will be ineffectve against most of my airforce, but I will play ball for obvious reasons and allow a few of them to be shot down. Same for your missiles against landing craft. I am hitting Britain everywhere at the same time. You dont have nearly a quarter of the missiles you would need to inflict 75% casualties on me, especially whilst under attack, with already reduced effectivness equipment due to Irelands previous attacks and my own opening air assaults

Here is a list of everything I am attacking you with, bearing in mind, I landed/am landing nearly all of them at the same time by landing craft and aircraft.

[snip]
[/quote]
Zoot, play fair. You need to give the guy a fighting chance. Unless you can point out to me exactly where PD bombed 90% of the british everything to nothing, Kral will be able to pull what he can have as per IG stats out of nowhere. Don't deny him his stats.
As for effectiveness of his stuff against you, that's debatable, though I do agree it's not good of him to post what casualties you sustain.
Please also note that most of your planes probably won't be able to get in the air after the first or second mission, unless you magically capture enough airfields with full and -compatible- fueling capacities for everything you have, which I find somewhat unlikely.
You outnumber him by almost 3 times his forces. Unless he managed to pull a miracle off, you're not going to lose much, anyways, so I'd like to see you go and work with him to make a good, engaging story. Regardless of your ultimate goal.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1343856561' post='3017609']
That said, its not unprecedented for one nation to completely transfer their entire territory including their leaders to a wholly unrelated part of the world. Lynneth's been the person who is most infamous for it with his current crop of leaders having ruled Southern Germany, then Sri Lanka, then Brazil, then Africa, and now solely the Moon and a few islands. I personally find it in poor taste stylistically to do it so easily, but its not without precedent.
[/quote]
I'd like to point out:
South Germany never was de facto ruled by my current characters. Sri Lanka was at first a democracy, and I set up proper RP for that take-over. Brazil was a conquest of literal no-man's land without -any- sort of organised resistance to where some people immigrated and the old government was given back to Cochin. The Brazilian territories didn't have -that- many immigrants from India/Sri Lanka, either. Africa had justification as my rulers consider themselves heirs to Leclerc, who built that elevator there, and it was given to them. Most of what I did had plenty of RP to back it up and while perhaps out-of-place IRL, none of it is anywhere on the scale Zoot is doing right now.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1343858016' post='3017623']
Zoot, play fair. You need to give the guy a fighting chance. Unless you can point out to me exactly where PD bombed 90% of the british everything to nothing, Kral will be able to pull what he can have as per IG stats out of nowhere. Don't deny him his stats.
As for effectiveness of his stuff against you, that's debatable, though I do agree it's not good of him to post what casualties you sustain.
Please also note that most of your planes probably won't be able to get in the air after the first or second mission, unless you magically capture enough airfields with full and -compatible- fueling capacities for everything you have, which I find somewhat unlikely.
You outnumber him by almost 3 times his forces. Unless he managed to pull a miracle off, you're not going to lose much, anyways, so I'd like to see you go and work with him to make a good, engaging story. Regardless of your ultimate goal.
[/quote]

Im not denying him stats, I dont mind him have 200,000+ effectives, its the full military grade gear he is toting, aswell as the other stuff like anti air defences, radar et cetera, not to mention the airplanes, doing all this whilst shooting my own aircraft, 75% of which are more advanced than a F-22. Secondly, I am using FoB's in Portugal and my aircraft carriers, (6 supers, 9 Amphibious assault carriers) for refuelling and rearming as more than half of my airforce is sea based.

I am also in PM's with him now, im waiting for a reply so we can build a plan up, unless he wants to freefall this war and see how it goes for him.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1343857828' post='3017621']
It would take a GM to rule in favor or against the fact that you have these abilities and he doesnt have the abilities to do what he is doing. You may be a GM but that doesnt mean you can just say "hush cus I haz powa."
[/quote]

Im fighting my case, not ruling on it, I CANT rule on my own case. Just leave the thread and go to the OOC thread and stop cluttering the GM court with your whining. Post again without anything GM relative for Curristan or Lynneth and i wont be happy

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Aiden Ford' timestamp='1343845941' post='3017565']
Requesting 3 Spy rolls against MostGloriousLeader

[img]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5715/spyodds.png[/img]

Looking for a Schedule for Air Patrols, and Radar Frequencies for the border regions.
[/quote]

Mean't 2, not 3 >.>

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343858257' post='3017626']
Im not denying him stats, I dont mind him have 200,000+ effectives, its the full military grade gear he is toting, aswell as the other stuff like anti air defences, radar et cetera, not to mention the airplanes, doing all this whilst shooting my own aircraft, 75% of which are more advanced than a F-22. Secondly, I am using FoB's in Portugal and my aircraft carriers, (6 supers, 9 Amphibious assault carriers) for refuelling and rearming as more than half of my airforce is sea based.

I am also in PM's with him now, im waiting for a reply so we can build a plan up, unless he wants to freefall this war and see how it goes for him.
[/quote]
AA, radar and what are possible, in reasonable amounts, I'd say. You're on the beaches, and I'd wager PD concentrated his fire on the areas he attacked, so there should be plenty of installations still in relative working order. Largely inland, I suppose.
And 'more advanced' generally means little if you don't have the maneuvering or stealth capabilities to evade missile attack or radar locks. Unless those are so vastly superior that he couldn't possibly get a lock - unlikely, even with Triyun's planes, imo - he will be able to down [i]some[/i] of your stuff, if he just fires enough stuff into the air.
Carriers: Assuming 72 planes per super, that's 432 planes. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp_class_amphibious_assault_ship"]Amphibious assault ships[/url] (your landing ships IG I presume) carry at most 20 harriers each, and that's after you remove all helicopters. Do you have appropriate VTOL planes? If not, you won't be able to utilise those easily. And that's still half your airforce having to go 1000+ km from portugal to southwest britain, doing their mission and then going 1000+ km back. Those planes are gonna be running on fumes half the time.
But regardless of what you two decide, I'm looking forward to what happens in RP. I don't think every brit will be happy about the sudden SAmerican overlords.

[quote]Im not denying him stats, I dont mind him have 200,000+ effectives, [b]its the full military grade gear he is toting[/b], aswell as the other stuff like anti air defences, radar et cetera, not to mention the airplanes, doing all this whilst shooting my own aircraft, 75% of which are more advanced than a F-22. Secondly, I am using FoB's in Portugal and my aircraft carriers, (6 supers, 9 Amphibious assault carriers) for refuelling and rearming as more than half of my airforce is sea based.

I am also in PM's with him now, im waiting for a reply so we can build a plan up, unless he wants to freefall this war and see how it goes for him. [/quote]
Really... while I see that fixed anti air systems may have been taken out by the Irish, I see no reason to assume that he has not the gear to arm all these people. PD did not RP the destruction of weapon stocks or weapon manufacturies to this degree. And just because Shidners troops got defeated does not mean Adolf can't hire new ones or draft them.

On the part of PD destroying installments, we got [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112129&view=findpost&p=3010248"]this post[/url], which seems like point strikes, while Zoot attacks all over the place. I do not think that PD bombed the Isles all over the place, nor did PD attack anti-ship defenses. I see these capacities not all too shrunk by Ireland.

On another note:

Shidner would have gone inactive on the 8th of August. Before that, everyone attacking him would need a preplanning session. Was there such a session between Zoot and Shidner?

This can be overcome if it can be shown that there were 2 attempts that did not work out. After how much time without reply is it deemed unsuccessful? Dis these two attempts take place and how much time was between these two attempts and the waiver?

Now, Zoots [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112507&view=findpost&p=3017327"]post from the 31st of July (GMT)[/url] does in my opinion read more like him being granted an autoadvance, as he assumed Shidners defenses and used the assumption of in his opinion adequate defenses. Now, either: why is there only one day between the day before and the day of the advance? Or, if one discounts the first post, as lacking in open hostility, why was there an advance without Shidner being able to do a thing? To me this seems a bit strange, even more so with arguments that British defenses would need to be reduced, even those based on stats, a statement that thankfully has been countered.

I did state when Kankou brought up this very point one page ago, that as SS had made no effort to defend his land or fight this war, which lead everyone at the time to believe he was ignoring it,(now shown to be invalid due to he was in hospital), that I moved on.

As at the time I believed he was ignoring the war and choosing to not respond, the long time that PD had to wait after pre-planning didnt work out and he requested two auto advances, I simply got on with it as if he was inactive. I also said that if Curristan and Lynneth object, then I will put the post in escrow, or just edit the first post so I am immediately attacking Albion and not richtenberg.

While I say, that I understand partly the reason, I think in hindsight, it should be a lesson to not just think people are ignoring stuff, but may actually really be busy to the point they cannot tell. additionally, I do not think that we should hand out waivers AND autoadvances in one go. This is just pushing it. Especially here, it can be seen that with Shidners return, he would have been able to reply to the results of the waiver, but was now robbed of this ability, due to an auto-advance. While stagnation is surely not desireable, I do not think that rushing the thing is any less bad.

Next, I think that it may be for the best to use one of the two alternatives proposed. Here, I'd guess attacking Albion directly may be the better idea, given that it eases things by making it between you and Adolf, where I'd still recommend, that you plan it out and make something interesting out of this.