The GM's Court

Centurius

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1347065679' post='3028491']
By the same token, nobody is obligated not to kick your ambassador or leader into a pit, yelling "THIS IS X NATION!" without preplanning.
[/quote]
No man, Persian or Greek, no man threatens a messenger!

[quote]Those are all acts of war. Preplanning isn't a shield.[/quote]
I'm going to have to go with Triyun here. If they wanted him out of the war, they would have declared it closed.

[quote]
Melech go get me a beer.
[/quote]
I'm going to have to disagree with Triyun here. He's a mean drunk, and I can't have him beating my girlfriend.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1347065679' post='3028491'] By the same token, nobody is obligated not to kick your ambassador or leader into a pit, yelling "THIS IS X NATION!" without preplanning. [/quote]
That happens to be covered by something else: No character may be harmed either without prior agreement, without placement in unreasonably dangerous situations, without actions of that character, or by sudden switches of RP plans without agreement.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1347065679' post='3028491']By involving me in basing and firing over your territory I'm already defacto in this fight. That entrance is further reinforced by Mara responding to my ultimatum with a threat of force and acknowledging we're in this fight. [/quote]
First, you involved YOURSELF in the conflict, basically putting people in an awkward situation; this is the opposite situation of Rota attacking an area which you had already established yourself publically. Furthermore, I see no indication that Mara is agreed to a fight with all restrictions off (basically, you've put words in her mouth). As I see it, preplanning has evolved to being a civil method of arrange a duel, meaning interruptions should also brought into the preplanning area.

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347073278' post='3028524']
No character may be harmed either without prior agreement, without placement in unreasonably dangerous situations, without actions of that character, or by sudden switches of RP plans without agreement.[/quote]
I was under the assumption that this simply applied to the leadership of a nation, not all characters.

You've basically railed about what you think it is and then used your own baseless ranting to claim that as reality when it reality thats never actually happened, and every person involved in that decision has said you are wrong, and every time its come before the GM court since then you've been said wrong. If evolution is based on the fact that you care far more than any other player in CN RP about posting in the GM court and every OOC topic ever made, then yes its evolved. If things though are based on the actual rules, their purpose, or any sort of opinion other than your own, then you're flat out wrong.

Second you're flat out wrong on the character thing. The rule is one can't assassinate a character based on a lucky spy roll if they're in their private apartments taking a bubble bath. The fact is, its a long established precedent that if one places ones characters in harms way (this includes going to other countries), they can be made to be at the mercy of the host country's whims. The most memorable example of this was Mogar landing his plane to negotiate with Cent, and Cent sending him off to hard labor in antarctica and then killing him in a plane crash.

Third, nobody forced Mara to fire at parts of Imperators forces. She chose to fire into areas where I hate forces operating. Now did I force her into a spot where it was pretty much impossible for her not to get into trouble with me, yeah, but it was totally legal the way which I did this. Now if you want to view it as a dick move IC, and send some NOAM reinforcements, I know of a number of players who would be absolutely giddy for a tango. :smug:

Character: Most of the time when we mean a character, I believe it means those that had a lot of effort invested into.

Mogar: Mogar surrendered, agreed to meant with Cent. That in itself is an OOC agreement to accept the consequences of moving his characters to Cent's turf.

Logs of a discussion on this topic

[spoiler][quote]20:38 Triyun Melech
20:38 Triyun the rule on characters
20:38 Triyun is any placed into Harms way
20:38 Triyun can be killed
20:38 Triyun so if you send them overseas
20:38 Triyun if the host chooses to be a dick
20:38 Triyun thats the risk of doing business
20:39 Triyun you can't kill them at home with a lucky spyroll though
20:39 Triyun but at the same time
20:39 Triyun there are rules against the Martens nuke to the chest thing again
20:40 KaiserMelech Yes
20:41 KaiserMelech But I thought the whole "Can't be killed for any reason" thing just applied to leaders
20:41 KaiserMelech Or, I should rephrase that
20:41 KaiserMelech "Can't be killed for no good reason)
21:16 Kankou Well, the thing is
21:16 Kankou if the host becomes a dick for no good reason
21:16 Kankou and I mean truly a good reason like the target country actually doing something
21:17 Kankou that would be putting the diplomat in harms way
21:18 KaiserMelech Like when Kevs stabbed Mael's guy in the eye with a pen
21:18 Kankou well
21:18 Kankou more like say
21:19 Kankou how Grand Papua was all anti-imperialist against Tianxia
21:19 Kankou that would be a legitimate reason for tianxia to be a dick to the ambassader
21:19 KaiserMelech Ah
21:19 Triyun what about me arriving with Boba Fett just before your ambassador did
21:20 Triyun in another country
21:20 Kankou Didn't get that
21:21 Triyun For example
21:22 Triyun Say you are old friends with Justinian and you go there to escape Tianxia's attack on your frigid ice colony.
21:23 Triyun and say that because he's a rich black man from selling gas, he invites you to lunch
21:23 Triyun and then you walk into the room
21:23 Triyun and one of my dudes is there and is like, "We would be honored if you could join us"
21:23 Triyun and then like Boba Fett and a bunch of storm troopers show up
21:23 Kankou Tianxia's attack on your frigid ice colony <- given this is a state of war, I don't see a problem with it
21:24 Kankou I'm more of say
21:24 Triyun and he totally sells you out
21:24 Triyun to me
21:24 Triyun with no IC reason
21:24 Triyun and then
21:24 Kankou I would think Justits wouldn't be that much of a dick to have no IC reason :v
21:24 Triyun your other characters which I told him I wouldn't take I take too
21:24 Triyun and then
21:24 Triyun when he complains
21:24 Kankou if you promised OOC-wise you wouldn't do so
21:24 Triyun I say, "I am altering our arrangement, pray that I do not alter it any further"
21:25 Kankou that should override any IC consideration
21:25 Kankou and situation that OOC promise mid-stream should be voided
21:25 Triyun should such a scenario
21:25 Triyun take place
21:25 Triyun would it not
21:25 Triyun be awesome
21:25 Kankou I think we can use Patrick's selling out of Eva back in Pefru
21:25 Triyun Yes
21:25 Triyun Patrick
21:25 Triyun totally pulled
21:25 Triyun a Lando
21:26 Triyun and it was pretty awesome
21:26 Kankou in that case, Patrick never promised Eva he wouldn't sell out Eva
21:26 Kankou then I would think it all fair and games, short of killing
21:26 Kankou now, if Patrick HAD promised Eva he wouldn't sell out
21:26 Triyun I mean
21:27 Triyun Lando
21:27 Triyun also promised
21:27 Kankou then that OOC promise cannot be changed midstream
21:27 Triyun he wouldn't sell out Leia and Chewie
21:27 Triyun !@#$ changed
21:27 Kankou Triyun, that's a movie, not CNRP :v
21:27 Triyun Empire
21:27 Triyun is CN RP
21:28 Kankou I would disagree
21:28 Kankou because OOC promise trumpts IC
21:28 Kankou that's what I'm getting at
21:28 Kankou if Patrick had not made an OOC promise
21:28 Kankou he can switch in IC
21:28 Kankou but if there was an OOC promise
21:29 Kankou any switch which is not agreed upon should be voided
21:30 Kankou See where I'm getting at?
21:31 Kankou IC-wise, you can lie, cheat, change your mind, whatever
21:31 Kankou but once there is an OOC agreement, that cannot be changed without consent[/quote][/spoiler]

I've always believed preplanning should be immediately waived in the event that an act of war has been performed. You shoot at me, there is no preplanning, just lots and lots and lots of dead people with no restrictions imposed on either party. Now I am going to say that some of you, namely Triyun and Kankou, need to calm down.

As this was posted as soon as I made my auto, I'll just say this: if I lied about what Curri said, I'm sure he'd be quite vocal about me lying. Otherwise, there is no logic for what you're saying here and your just insulting other peoples character for no reason other than to pick fights for the sake of it.

I'm just working to ensure that we have a systemized method of keeping records publically for everyone. Saying there is no logic to the general principles of public records and then accusing someone of insults is certainly not something a truly rightous person would do.

Also, I know Curristan granted you an autoadvance, since I was with you in IRC and also commented on it.

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1347626531' post='3030036']
[IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/quest2007/Capture1.png[/IMG]

Requesting two spyrolls at 70% odds.

Both will be intelligence gathering rolls.
[/quote]

[b]1-70: Success
71-100: Fail[/b]

[i]38
60[/i]

Two Wins

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347630231' post='3030062']
Request for "autoadvance" post in the Restoration thread, as was discussed with Curristan.
[/quote]

I confirm discussion took place, auto-advance granted.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347630231' post='3030062']
Request for "autoadvance" post in the Restoration thread, as was discussed with Curristan.
[/quote]

I have no issue with you posting, but I've not agreed to the 'hands off' thing if you do enter. Anyone who fights will be held accountable by the nation they play. Just be aware.

I'm sorry Mara, but you need to 1) Be respectful to other people and not curse them out 2) Actually take damage and not spend most of your post claiming the other guys can't hit you while you force damage on their stuff. None of your posts show you taking much damage of anything. Which is really odd, especially because with my posts in particular your ignoring a lot of the measures to ensure a lot more damage was taken. So no, you can't wipe others posts and you can't expect for us to treat you in a way you don't treat anyone else on the board. Its pretty easy not to be in the position you are in, you're in it because you insist on treating others this way. I'm especially unwilling to have to not just spend a huge amount of time waiting for your to post, but when those posts do happen, have to point out you need to actually take some [i]damage[/i] in every post, which means we're talking a month to go through a single turn. I don't mind you fighting, but if you never get hit thats no fun for anyone else its all about just making you the main character. Thats completely unreasonable, especially when you've been nothing but bitter and unpleasant every time you don't get exactly what you want. You made your bed, now go sleep in it.

And you, Triyun, need to stop acting like you don't do the exact same thing. If you were in my position, you'd be unhappy too. I HAVE taken heavy damages. It may take a little looking, but they are there, and rather specifically mentioned, too. You do, indeed, have a lot of measures to insure more damage is taken than there should be, granted - I also have a lot of measures taken to reduce it. I have taken damage in every single post, even if it wasn't as much as you think should be.

I used to respect you, Triyun. I really did. But when people force stuff like this on me, when I don't have the time to deal with it...