Destroying the Space Elevator

Generalissimo

Destroying the Space Elevator  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Destroying the Space Elevator, should it be allowed to happen?
Can CNRP’s Space Elevator be destroyed?
Should we allow it to happen?[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1309451630' post='2745101']Do earthquakes, meteor strikes and tsunamis cause indiscriminate destruction? Yes. Do they happen in reality? Yes. But we do not RP them in CNRP. CNRP is a community project of many Roleplayers who create their own minicosms of creativity. Just because it tickles one person's fancy we must not inconvenience everyone else.

As regarding Space Elevator, it has a special inviolable status in CNRP, a status that has succeeded from its more historical times. It is as someone said a global common wonder whose present custodian is Rebel Army owing to its massive stats and geography. Destruction of Space Elevator is a destruction of a common community wonder and as such any threats to its existence could be liable to be wiped.

People have all the rights to be rebellious, some times it is quite warranted too. But there is a difference between being a rebel and being a vandal, the musings by some here about destruction of Space Elevator just because it exists seems nothing more than vandalism and would as such be sternly curbed.

Thus spake the GM.

Cochin - 30:06[/quote] Community consensus? Let’s find out.
Polls are useful to determine community consensus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1309458885' post='2745206']I am happy you made a pole to find out partner, but you should have made it "yes" or "no". "Maybe" doesn't seem like it should count.
[/quote]I don’t want anyone to make a hasty decision, the future CNRP’s Space Elevator’s depends on it!
Would a Miscellaneous option be better then an unsure choice?

Definetly depends on the role play. If it is a long, complex, well thought out RP, then destruction should be allowed. But no lolnukes or anything like that. I also think the community should first agree to a persons plan on destroying the elevator.

I love the elevator, but if someone is good enough to destroy them, then so be it.

If people want to do it as a result of a serious strategic conflict with Rebel Army I am fine with it being done. But it cannot be done by a lolnuke or rage quit. Get a serious organized coalition together and come at Lavo and his allies, why shouldn't you be able to destroy it. Roll into Africa, fire off 25 hydrogen bombs and the reroll some place else though? Hell no.

Is this it here? http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=40212

November 2008? I thought the great era of freedom and bull !@#$ technology you people speak so reverently about was way back in the beginning. You're grandfathering in bull !@#$ that recent? Cochin's explanation does read like he made it up on the spot, so it all makes sense.

If the space elevator is communal can it be used communally? Can I RP a group of strangers getting stuck in the elevator who, in order to pass the time and reassure themselves, reveal imitate details of their lives and grow together as human beings? (and then get sucked out into space, exposed to cosmic radiation and return to Earth with super powers?)

Should I make a poll first?

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1309459535' post='2745217']
If people want to do it as a result of a serious strategic conflict with Rebel Army I am fine with it being done. But it cannot be done by a lolnuke or rage quit. Get a serious organized coalition together and come at Lavo and his allies, why shouldn't you be able to destroy it. Roll into Africa, fire off 25 hydrogen bombs and the reroll some place else though? Hell no.
[/quote]

Why? Do not cities get destroyed in lolnuke RPs? How is something that is the property of Lavo any different? This community wonder nonsense wasn't voted on by the community (to my knowledge). Cochin can not just rule something to be immune to nukes because it's been on the map for a long time.

Edit: If it wasn't obvious, I voted yes.

Edit2: Admin dammit, but I do love you Sal.

Edited by Yawoo

The issue in my view is, is that if its been decided we can't rebuild the thing then should one person simply be able to act as a complete spoiler at the expense of everyone else's story. I do not think so. I'm not a huge space RPer, but I think that those that are and use it should be given some courtesy.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1309460913' post='2745234']The issue in my view is, is that if its been decided we can't rebuild the thing then should one person simply be able to act as a complete spoiler at the expense of everyone else's story. I do not think so. I'm not a huge space RPer, but I think that those that are and use it should be given some courtesy.[/quote]We should be able to build a new one, but only if the current one is destroyed! A solution that should satisfy everyone!

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309461157' post='2745239']
Grandfathered in tech that can't be rebuilt shouldn't be destroyed because BABYD and [b]Kankou[/b] want to be rebellious.
[/quote]
Now that's just biased. Check what I said above.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309461157' post='2745239']And Sal, get a nation or stop talking. You are not a part of this community.[/quote]Let's keep this civil, and stuff.

Postscript : You can have a character in CNRP without a country.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309461263' post='2745241']
Now that's just biased. Check what I said above.
[/quote]
I don't need to. You've proven that all you care about is upsetting things.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1309461285' post='2745242']
Let's keep this civil, and stuff.

Postscript : You can have a character in CNRP without a country.
[/quote]
He has neither, at least currently. We've always discounted votes or comments from people who aren't in CNRP, Sal is no different.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309461425' post='2745244']
I don't need to. You've proven that all you care about is upsetting things.[/quote]
On the contrary, you're the one who's always been doing such crazy things, Sort of like jet calling gray black

Hmmm.. I might just invest in getting some solar power from that elevator. Gundam 00 WTF!

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1309459271' post='2745211']
Definetly depends on the role play. If it is a long, complex, well thought out RP, then destruction should be allowed. But no lolnukes or anything like that. I also think the community should first agree to a persons plan on destroying the elevator.

I love the elevator, but if someone is good enough to destroy them, then so be it.
[/quote]
This.

RP it well, you get to level it. Lolnuke? Lol no.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309462533' post='2745258']
Jet black is like the blackest black. But what does it mean to have "jet call grey black"
[/quote]
A piece of jet calling the color gray as a black color. You know, pot calling kettle black and all that stuff.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309462586' post='2745259']
A piece of jet calling the color gray as a black color. You know, pot calling kettle black and all that stuff.
[/quote]

That's... I figured that's what you meant but it still just sort of boggles my mind :v: