The Treaty of Zurich II

Sargun II

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1303348763' post='2695066']
"we are liars yet the orders I can easily get faxed here and those satellite images confirm what I just said? How original. Please, use those satellites to see that our entire surface fleet is laid up in port with the exception of one assault ship which is in the Southern Atlantic. Moreover, those satellites will confirm the forces overseas are preparing for the same thing as forces in England. Hell, go the whole hog and give Simon Pegg in Maine why his military is doing exactly the same thing as ours. Here is his private number" said the Englishman, passing a hastily scribbled number to the Irish delegate.
[/quote]

The Scot would take the number intended for the French delegate and thank him. "I believe that my associate is astounded that while you do not take us at our word, you expect us to take you at yours. I'll go and confirm your claims."

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You see? All the information is right there that they have shown you, and if you all use your own satellites and intel agencies you will find that I speak the truth. The Western delegate is not interested in the facts, however. If anybody else wishes to call Simon and place the conversation on speaker... feel free. In fact, give me a minute."

Pulling out a phone he would ring an orderly in the ministry of defence.
"Bill? Yeah it's Andrew, fax the orders to the Zurich conference room. No, All orders issued to the military since the SAS threat. Dont ask why, just bloody do it Bill"

Snapping his phone closed he stood and walked to a nearby fax machine. A few seconds later it's whirred and a flurry of papers would slide out detailing the orders given to the military since the threat. Highly classified information such as the Pennine bunkers were blanked out.

"damn, bear with me please" he said before once more pulling out his phone.

"Bill, it's me again, send the satellite images of Svalbard and Franz Josef Land from the last month, yeah same number as before."

The fax whirred again and a second batch of paper slide out with satellite images.

Returning to the table he handed them all out to the delegations before returning to his seat.

"Look for yourselves. We do not lie, especially in the face of war against such a deadly enemy"

[i]"If I may,"[/i] The Livlander diplomat started. [i]"Why don't we try a compromise for the UK and of England & Maine? I'm sure there is a middle ground where the two nations can meet, so to speak. Such as the Western UK giving England a presence near the SAS base, in return England can lower troops levels and stay away from the EoPI situation whilst the UK can have the floor with that issue."[/i] He states.

[i]"I realize this is not my place to intervene, but I do not see any other options that do not involved hostilities between your two great nations. We can not allow Europe to be engulfed in another war. We are all from the same people, we are all human, we all have security issues. But we must work together, and so far England and the UK are not so friendly anymore in this discussion. Please consider the proposal we have offered." [/i]

"You do realize, that your issuing of orders is in now way a proof of anything, right? Now please, I appreciate the fact that you want to prove your orders from your government, but I have asked for a third time for Zurich to act and I would like to give the other representatives a chance to speak."

Edit:

"The Western Region will not ship English men to it's sovereign base in Miami. If you're referring to the Scottish base, that is not an SAS base, further, it is in the North Region's territory. "

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1303351869' post='2695127']
Zurich has offered several opinions already.

What is the Western regions suggestion? IE, what action do you request is taken against the Commonwealth?
[/quote]

"The Western region will give its opinion if and when the delegates decide to act on its request."

"Considering England has denied to remove its troops from the border, and so far Zurich has failed to act, the Western Region's Monarch had decided it is best to wait and see how Zurich would like to proceed before making recommendations. Now please, allow the other representatives the chance to speak."

It is our legal right as a sovereign nation to have troops on our Borders. Your inability to accept that we refuse to stand down until the threat has passed is breaking this alliance apart. Even the Slavorussian delegate has warned he will leave Zurich and the UK. All parties have given opinions and suggestions and even observers are offering solutions.

What more do you want?

"The block may well benefit from Livonia's fresh view."

The new "diplomat" becomes increasingly displeased, and watches the situation with evident distate. After a while, he clears his throat and begins to smile unnervingly.

"Alright. Let me put things differently. Is England really that afraid of UK that it feels that it must continue to place troops in such a manner? And is UK giving England's action such meaning, while they would in turn be unable to actually do any damage? I had been operating under the impression that both nations are those led by very self-secure, confident people who are more often than not able to resort to brain rather than muscle. But it might just seem that I am mistaken. I would hate to have to inform Berlin that we may have misjudged the caliber of our allies..."

He shakes his head, dissapointedly.

"I do believe that it is time for the English to withdraw their troops, and of course for UK not to bring up the subject again. If this is not acceptable we may benefit from renaming this Zurich Pact to the Zurich Circus. Let us start behaving profesionally, oui? We have both of your backs, after all...To the Anglosaxons, why not take this chance to show you can be the greater man?"

Edited by Kaiser Martens

I'll repeat myself for the last time.

We will not stand down until the threat made against England by the American rebels has passed. That is how it is unfortunately. We hold a NAP signed with the UK after an illegal invasion during the brief England-Athens war and we are allied through this very alliance.

It has been a standing protocol to fortify the nation and it's dependencies and as you can see, it's taking place all over the Commonwealth, not just in England. It is a general Act of military preparation because we are expecting to receive an attack if such a scale it will break apart the Commonwealth, as threatened.

[quote]"Alright. Let me put things differently. Is England really that afraid of UK that it feels that it must continue to place troops in such a manner? And is UK giving England's action such meaning, while they would in turn be unable to actually do any damage? I had been operating under the impression that both nations are those led by very self-secure, confident people who are more often than not able to resort to brain rather than muscle. But it might just seem that I am mistaken. I would hate to have to inform Berlin that we may have misjudged the caliber of our allies..."[/quote]

"With all due respect to the German diplomat, I must point out the United Kingdom is looking down at the barrels of thousands of guns from directly across the border. Any sane government would become ill-at-ease facing such prospects however large they might be. It does not please me to have to breach a subject such as this multiple times, but unfortunately events have put into place that have forced my hand. My government simply can not have thousands of soldiers increasing by the day on our borders. My King has decided to go about the diplomatic route, but if necessary, the Western Region will place its own troops on its border, a prospect my King wishes to avoid for the peace and prosperity of Europe."

For the record Sir. Feel free to militarise your own Borders. War will not be started against the UK unless the UK fires first. We are preparing for an attack by American rebels, your explanation of the relationship between the UK and the Empire was acceptable. We don't expect attack from the UK now.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1303354432' post='2695185']
"But, the threat to England is currently from America. If so, why strengthen the European border? Isn't that counter intuitive, at that?"
[/quote]

We don't know the form in which this attack will come, with the fleet laid up we have no way to easily halt a naval force, nuclear suitcase bombs et cetera. There are a host of methods to attack a nation and we are not taking any chances.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1303355858' post='2695208']
"Why don't you guys just make a 5 kilometer (2.5 on each side) demilitarized zone on your mutual borders and get over with this?"
[/quote]

"The United Kingdom holds a very small military presence on its border due to the fact English citizens are not allowed to cross over, so a demilitarized zone wouldn't mean much when the English bring in thousands of soldiers to sit on the other side and point their rifles at the United Kingdom."

It is our legal right to protect ourselves by any means. If it means making the UK nervous for a few weeks or months till the threat has passed, then so be it. They have our word we mean them no harm just like we have their word that they do not in any way support Harlands cause. You have their satellite images, and English images, you have copies detailing exactly what the forces are doing at the border aswell as across the entire commonwealth. They are digging in. Nothing more. And they will continue to do so until the threat of war has passed.

"If the English will not reconsidered, then I have no choice but to ask for them to be expelled from Zurich. They have shown no regard for the security of their allies. They have closed off all access to their nation for the entirety of Zurich, not just the United Kingdom. In short, the Western Region of the United Kingdom no longer feels that it can be expected to uphold the articles of this organization with regards to the Commonwealth of England and Maine. Therefore, I must officially call for the Commonwealth's removal from this pact."

The Commonwealth is curious as to why the UK launched a series of long range missiles into the mid Atlantic? Given the tensions in the region was it the wisest course of action?

I won't lie when I say until the trajectories were worked out in the first few minutes of launch, we were on the verge of responding with our own missiles.