The Treaty of Zurich II

Sargun II

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hm. I suppose that such a thing is correct. We are of course in favor of both Livonia and Torun's entrance, but first, let's remove the supremacy clause once and for all."

He looks towards the Austrians,

"Can we still count on Austria, then? I am aware that for obvious reasons your Government has been considering departure...there should be no need now. Maybe we can even have a chat with Athens, they wanted to create a new bloc to oppose the UK, now, there is no need for such a thing."

"At the moment Excellency, Austria will continue its present withdrawal from European blocs. Her Majesty and Her Majesty's Government both believe that neutrality in this New Europe is best for our state and Commonwealth at this time. Perhaps in the future we will reconsider our thoughts, but at the moment Austria finds things much more comfortable in remaining outside of the political dynamic that is currently being built. We will judge when the time is right whether to break away from neutrality or not."

"Very well, but we have a request. Firstly, that you remain as an observer, for even if you were no member we would like to have Austria's voice of reason around. Secondly, that you allow Germanic Union and Austria to retain an Optional Defence Pact, for we would like to have a legal means of protecting Austria in the long term, bloc or no bloc. We are Brothers and Sisters, we would not have it any other way."

The representative smiled and brushed her hair aside. "My thanks to the German Ambassador for proclaiming Austria as a voice of reason, furthermore, Her Majesty and Her Majesty's Government will appreciate the gesture of kinship from the north. I can assure you that if the Germanic Union would ever come under aggressive attack that Austria will be there to defend her larger brother no matter what the cost."