NPO: Better With or Without?

gorgon

Would Planet Bob be better off without NPO?  

1,258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After doing some research about this currant situation NPO is in, I'm just gonna make an open and simple yes or no question. Do you guys think Planet Bob would be better off without NPO? Yes or No? Whatever answer you choose, feel free to give an answer why? (please try not to put any attempts to flame or be biased in your post, no matter how difficult that can be) And try to make an honest opionion without any sort of hatred or biased in your post.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the NPO is what can at least be considered a classy enough "bad guy" entity if not, sadly, otherwise different from any other alliance.

I voted that it doesn't matter but I would otherwise be inclined to vote that no, the world is not really better off.

At least their members can be arrogant and obnoxious in a classier way than just insulting you in netspeak -at least they, for the most part, have somewhat of a grasp on the English language.

I'd much rather prefer an unsophisticated bad guy over an intelligent one.

In Karmas perspective, NPO may not be your favorite on top... but they are no where near the worst. You will see how bad it will get soon enough.

And I mean even if someone capable does take over, like archon, you still wouldn't be better off without NPO at all. Without NPO on top? Hey I like change (and instability :D ) as much as the next guy.

No. Pacifica is a huge part of this game, and they do add an important dynamic. I'm not necessarily in favor of their being on top, but they do deserve to exist as a sovereign entity. I respect my enemy, and I value their input.

Quoting myself here:

Wow, what an interesting situation. IMO the worst thing that NPO has done is that they play the game so damn well. If they win, then everyone else losses, and that's just plain no fun.

I've even found myself defending their merits to my alliance mates as the greatest thing to happen to Bob. My argument is that we need to only look at the level of sophistication found in current politics to see their impact. They've played the game at a higher level for so long, it took Bob 3 years to finally catch up. Also, some of the greatest minds in this game come from or are in the NPO. Look at their leadership, NpO's leadership, NSO's leadership, Vox's leadership, and you will see what I mean. Then just look at the rest of the great players in this game, they've all been forged in Pacifica's fires; Archon and the rest of C&G for instance.

Have they screwed some people and alliances, sure, but that is the nature of the beast. Do they deserve this war? Honestly I don't know how you couldn't say otherwise. This war could be the best thing to happen to this game. I just hope this is kept in mind when things begin to settle down. Talk of destroying Pacifica is like talking about tearing down Rome. Rome fell, sure, but at the hands of barbarians, and that ushered in a century of horror. I hope that same mistake isn't replicated here.

Edited by eyriq

Voted no.

I can't say I like them, but that doesn't mean I don't want them in CN.

Unfortunately, though, they can't say the same for us, were we to get on their bad side. I can see the necessity in getting rid of them or crippling them so that they can't ever so aggressively pursue their foes... however, what I say still stands, though letting them live is a somewhat careless decision to be made.

Just noticed IRON is ahead of NPO in total strength by 56k. Gasp!

I'm sure most of it's because of damage from IOTA. They probably won't be going down much further since IOTA pulled out.

Just noticed IRON is ahead of NPO in total strength by 56k. Gasp!

I'm sure most of it's because of damage from IOTA. They probably won't be going down much further since IOTA pulled out.

I'm sure Gramlins had nothing to do with IRON's fall in NS. :awesome:

I will have to correct you for a moment.

The Fall of Rome was probably the best thing that could have happened for Europe.

Really? Could you elaborate more, I'm interested. (Also, good to see you posting more, these boards had a distinct lack of Tolkien for too long).