Announcement from The Order of the Black Rose

Neboe

To all sentient beings of digiterra, The Order of the Black Rose has taken on the ignominious task of re-evaluating and analyzing the depth and breadth of the Writ de Credo. We have found that the constraints contained therein do a disservice to ourselves and our allies. While we hold the basic tenants of the Writ de Credo to be true, and we continue to value the prosperity found in following a path lead by the light of honor, nobility and chivalry, The Order wishes no longer to impose these binds that tie ourselves and our allies. As such, it is with mixed emotion that I come before you today to announce that The Order of the Black Rose herby issues forth this proclamation dissolving forever the Writ de Credo. All nations and alliances previously bound by their word and signature to the Writ de Credo are absolved of any expectations laid forth in that document.

With this new day dawning on the affairs of The Order of the Black Rose, we hope that the former signatories of the Writ de Credo, though freed from the specific language contained within, will join us to continue to abide by the general sentiments of good faith, friendship and peace through which it was originally offered. The Order harbors no ill will toward any alliance on digiterra and we look forward to working with the leadership of each former signatory to regain and reaffirm our connection.

Let it be known that the general spirit of the Writ de Credo will continue to provide a direction for The Order. That we here remain dedicated to the guiding principles of honor, nobility, and civility, believing in absolute adherence to the code of chivalry to which each of The Order members is strictly bound. We now reaffirm the due appreciation of The Order’s achievements, individually and collectively, and endeavor to embark upon reestablishing an atmosphere in which we and our allies in other honorable alliances may thrive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No longer neutral? Is that what I am getting?

OBR was never neutral, just resting.

Also, to anyone who may think to take advantage of OBR's exposed nature, I highly recommend not. There are some of us who consider them extremely close friends who would take it very offensively if you were to attack them or Blackwater.

The Order is simply revoking the harsh distinctions drawn in the elaborate language of the Writ de Credo. The document served The Order and our allies well for its time, however we have seen a need for change and renewal both within our Keep and between our friends and allies. As The Order grows and changes so will our needs and thus we made the difficult choice to abandon the antiquities that bound us unnecessarily.

OBR was never neutral, just resting.

Also, to anyone who may think to take advantage of OBR's exposed nature, I highly recommend not. There are some of us who consider them extremely close friends who would take it very offensively if you were to attack them or Blackwater.

Ahh ok. I always took the WDC to be like GPA's DoN. Color me sheepish. Eh? Eh? No? :(

<FineGentleman> OBR just disolved the writ

<FineGentleman> o $%&@

<FineGentleman> !@#$ just got real

sums it up rather well. I trust the Order put the utmost thought into this unprecedented action. Good luck.

Edited by El Pilchinator

No longer neutral? Is that what I am getting?

The Writ de Credo was written is such a way that it it enslaved it's signatories and removed the right of self-defense if the OBR ever attacked them, whether justified or just out of boredom. They were called out on this and so they are backpedaling. <_<

Doubt this was something done by the general membership, but this is what happens when your alliance is lead by a lawyer. :lol:

Ahh ok. I always took the WDC to be like GPA's DoN. Color me sheepish. Eh? Eh? No? :(

They held a MDP with my former alliance, the Greenland Republic that was canceled in June/July of last year.

The Order is simply revoking the harsh distinctions drawn in the elaborate language of the Writ de Credo. The document served The Order and our allies well for its time, however we have seen a need for change and renewal both within our Keep and between our friends and allies. As The Order grows and changes so will our needs and thus we made the difficult choice to abandon the antiquities that bound us unnecessarily.

Good. I never did like that Writ de Credo thing. I don't believe in signing anything I can't read.

Good. I never did like that Writ de Credo thing. I don't believe in signing anything I can't read.

I felt the same way. Strange, we seem to agree more often as I get older, this has to be the third time this week.