CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've made a 305mm SPA, an assault gun, a MBT on that gun's chassis, and a light tank. What else should I make? I can't do ships nor planes.

Still need to make a lever action rifle for somebody on the GPA forums. I don't mind working for free as long as the idea is interesting to me. Just ask Eva.

Generalissimo had an idea for a gyrojet tank, though I have no idea what that would be.

Edited by Uberstein

I don't mind working for free as long as the idea is interesting to me. Just ask Eva.

Indeed. and while some of the things seem quite lulzy (And I guess some things are even supposed to be), it generally is quite interesting stuff he comes up with that might actually be useful, if used correctly.

I mainly took inspiration from the AMX ELC and Object 416. The main place where I differed was keeping the driver out of the turret. That over-complicates things imo. I do have a soft spot for the CV33 though; it served me well in HoI2 and HoI3 whenever I played as Italy. It doesn't matter how !@#$ your tanks are when you storm with 6 divisions of them any all that's in Egypt are some unprepared infantry. :D

Edited by Uberstein

if you mean an IG alliance, that will never happen, we're all in very different political places and I doubt anyone really is interested in leaving their respective alliance.

That is why i said "In the CNRP2 walls". Sorry for the confusion. And was my nation accepted morgar?

Also as a note on the bitching from yesterday.

MODERATOR INTERVENTION IN ROLEPLAY

The moderation staff will take a hands-off approach to all roleplay affairs. Unless a poster is in violation of the forum rules or the guidelines outlined here no official action will be taken. Governance of individual RPs and their specific guidelines will be left to the RP creator(s) and the participants of the RP. However, where there is a dispute of the validity of the actions of a user or users a request may be sent via PM to an appropriate member of the moderation staff (see here) to make a non-binding objective judgment. Even after such a judgment it remains the responsibility of the participants to come to a resolution.

It's our RP, we decide the rules.

MODERATOR INTERVENTION IN ROLEPLAY

The moderation staff will take a hands-off approach to all roleplay affairs. Unless a poster is in violation of the forum rules or the guidelines outlined here no official action will be taken. Governance of individual RPs and their specific guidelines will be left to the RP creator(s) and the participants of the RP. However, where there is a dispute of the validity of the actions of a user or users a request may be sent via PM to an appropriate member of the moderation staff (see here) to make a non-binding objective judgment. Even after such a judgment it remains the responsibility of the participants to come to a resolution.

Highlighted important bit in plum. Because, the guidelines in that post also state that blanket statements (such as would be 50k+ NS being not allowed) are not acceptable.

To quote:

AUTHOR'S RIGHTS

Author's rights applies ONLY in the two IC RP subforums and ONLY there. They are relevant in no other area on the Cyber Nations Forums.

Locks - As the author of a thread, you are entitled to request a lock for your thread. A simple post with said request will suffice, as will a private message to a moderator, or a thread in Report Forum Abuse.

Closed RPs - Thread authors in the roleplay forums may restrict their RP to a select group of posters specified by forum name. This must be done in the original post and clearly labeled. Thread authors may not make blanket statements prohibiting or allowing only certain groups, alliances, or entities posting rights. Closed RPs MUST be done as above.

Post Removal - Authors may request that specific posts be deleted from their RP threads when a user posts in conflict with a designated closed RP.

Again, important bit highlighted in plum.

I'd hope it will be resolved in due time, in a reasonable fashion and that any kind of issues arising from it are solved equally reasonable.

That logic doesn't really hold up. By refusing to recognise a 50k+ NS nation, you are shutting it out. If I'd go and request map space, I'd not be granted such and my RP is treaded like an entirely seperate RP for all those who don't want to care about me. It is a closed RP, just like every other closed RP can stop recognising people not listed as participants at the start.

The moment people can freely join this RP, with full canon legitimacy, we can talk about this not being a closed RP.

we gave you a path to join with full legitimacy that puts you on even footing with the majority of players, play CNRisk or play CNRP2, its your choice. If RP is what you seek, we set up a whole new world for anyone who wants to actually RP to join.

Edited by Mogar

we gave you a path to join with full legitimacy that puts you on even footing with the majority of players, play CNRisk or play CNRP2, its your choice. If RP is what you seek, we set up a whole new world for anyone who wants to actually RP to join.

It's maybe acceptable as stop-gap measure, but not as a long-term solution, rules-wise. It's like saying, people should sell down to get into your NS range first. People with only one 50k+ NS nation in SE and no other nations have a fully legit account on these boards and should be accepted properly.

And before it's about me trying to force you to accept me as "new Triyun", it's not even like I did not offer to scale down my nation to a degree that is in compliance to your 50k NS rule. I also was not against the idea of hard caps or oversize restrictions. I have yet to do anything aggressive. What I get from you people is appeals to my patience, which grow inflationary from two days when I first asked to two weeks now, and a growing amount of suspicion, just because I'm large (though I agreed to downsize) and because I'm not vocal against certain people.

I've got no issue with waiting a reasonable amount of time for the issue to be discussed and for it to be worlked out. I'm a patient person, with quite a bit of tolerance and I can be very reasonable. But I am not going to sit here and be treaded like a second-class person and get accusations that I'm working to become a new hegemon in the world. That's when I get angry...

Go RP then, if people want to recognize you that's their choice, I personally would acknowledge you even if you're rolling across the world, because I happen to enjoy reading your walls of text. I still have 5 hours until I am even officially able to make half of a decision, and I have told you multiple times to just RP, there shouldn't need to be this much discussion about a collaborative RP, you want to write a story with people, go.

If you dont like the rules and keep complaining about it go play somewhere else.

But I am not going to sit here and be treaded like a second-class person

Feel free to feel what most of us think about what we are in Centurius & Triyun RP CNRP where you pretty much don't exist when you don't accept their instant win button or other !@#$.

Edited by xoindotnler

Feel free to feel what most of us think about what we are in Centurius & Triyun RP CNRP where you pretty much don't exist when you don't accept their instant win button or other !@#$.

May I point out that I've lost wars to them before, that I did struggle in most of my victories myself and had no insta-wins? Is it now a collective guilt of 50k+ NS people that you feel needs to be avenged? Feel free to lecture me about how it is to be small, I was there once too.

The secondary argument here is pointless. It is one people have had repeatedly. How about we focus on the issue of how to let larger nations play while maintaining the original idea of 50 K cap?

Personally, I like the idea of either using a tournament edition nations stats. That, or finding a nation that is at 50 K and allowing those stats to be used. Given that this game is based entirely on numbers, I am sure that it is possible to create a sample of standard 50 K templates. Having several templates would allow flexibility wall still keeping with the rule.

Sadly I am terrible at math, but I am willing to work with people who are better at math to help create these templates if this is an idea that people want to use. Also I apologize if I have type, I am on my phone.

The secondary argument here is pointless. It is one people have had repeatedly. How about we focus on the issue of how to let larger nations play while maintaining the original idea of 50 K cap?

Personally, I like the idea of either using a tournament edition nations stats. That, or finding a nation that is at 50 K and allowing those stats to be used. Given that this game is based entirely on numbers, I am sure that it is possible to create a sample of standard 50 K templates. Having several templates would allow flexibility wall still keeping with the rule.

Sadly I am terrible at math, but I am willing to work with people who are better at math to help create these templates if this is an idea that people want to use. Also I apologize if I have type, I am on my phone.

Just cap it. 750,000 soldiers, current-day tech. More tech than 3.5k means nothing here and all people are afraid of is infra-heaviness, where a cap on soldiers should resolve it. You can't go insane with ships and aircraft really, unless you use dumb multipliers.

Also, because I can.