How to Improve My Nation's Happiness

LexLuthor18

Lower Taxes, more land, select there most wanted government and religion, defcon 5 and lowest threat level.

Taxes need to be at 28%, I've bought more land, I've selected their preferences, and it's on the lowest threat level. I'll change it to DEFCON 5.

Whoever told you 28% is a idiot. move it to about 22%.

This is wrong. 

And to answer your question Lex, you're pretty much doing the best you can.  Your population is going to be unhappy because of the high GRL and there's nothing you can really do about it.

No, It shouldn't. It should always be lower, below 23%, for maximum happiness.

No.... you wouldn't make as much money as a person having 28% taxes. The happiness reward for a lower tax rate is not higher than collecting more taxes from your citizens.

Edit: nvm I forgot about the GRL, I guess all you can do now is build higher and buy more happiness improvements.

Edited by Eumirbago

28% is recommended because it gets you the maximum amount of tax money. The sole purpose of happiness is to get more revenue through taxes, so it's pointless to lower taxes to raise happiness which raises tax revenue...

Edited by Eridanus

I've built up infrastructure and my tech back up, but my people still aren't happy. Why is that and how do I make them happy?

While GRL's are undoubtedly lowering your collection, you have Rad. Cleanup which reduces the cap to 2.5. Your environmentally harmful trades are more likely to be hurting you than GRL right now.

There are a vast amount of things that affect population happiness, so I'll try to diagnose from what I can view. I don't know if you had maxed soldiers at the time of posting, but that is a culprit in lowering pop happiness. Make sure to decom as many soldiers without putting yourself in anarchy when you collect. This will bring your pop density down and make your pop happier. You could also switch some improvements around. I'd keep the foreign ministry to max on tech deals, and the harbor for your trade circle. Perhaps instead of the stadium and school, you buy 2 banks? Also, if you switch your 2nd government position to option B, when you collect you'll gain an income bonus from your uranium.

Like I said, these are just things that I can see. You can take a look at the [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Population_happiness]pop hap[/url] guide on wiki and get a better idea on what's causing you the most problems.

Whoever told you 28% is a idiot. move it to about 22%.

I'll consider the source and just say that according to the [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Tax_rate]wiki[/url], tax rates can be relative in the early stages of your nation. However, without knowing his avg. gross per individual per day, you cannot recommend one set tax rate. Everyone recommends 28% because for 99% of the life of your nation, 28% will benefit you most, and then 30% when you remember to manually switch your tax rate after buying a SSS. :P

If you believe that everyone is an idiot. Check it out for yourself. You can change your tax rate as many times as you want a day. Do a mock collection with your set tax rate, then do one with a higher tax rate. Go crazy.

Edited by Samwise

lets see what i remember.

highest tax rate, complete trade circle [beer, fast food- my preference], proper gov and religion.

then the improvements, some are geared to happiness, there are wonders as well. Dont run out of land.

I believe that about covers it.

Of course if the rest of the world is being a jerk and lobbing nukes about willy-nilly there is not much you can do about it, unless you have that bonus resource which provides a boost to your environment.

edit: Oops sorry Mr Mod. Did not read page 2 before responding.

Edited by Helbrecht