Lafayette Escadrille DoW

Morte Vallta

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vukland' timestamp='1322241677' post='2851047']
And here is my point. We were at war with WAPA several of our nation were hit by PS. And now before anyone get get in a better defensive position here comes LE. I know of few people that aren't coming back next round. THE POINT HERE IT COMES!
Yes we may have the same amount of people playing but WE BY OUR ANTICS are scaring away quality players!
[/quote]
I think the game is dying in general because there are other (better) game that people play. Albeit, PS3/Xbox or PC, people would rather put time into those than they would CN.

No matter what changes Admin makes, both SE and TE have declined in the number of players. No matter if TE has AA wars or grudge matches or wars on the world, TE numbers will continue to go down.

People are always looking at how to fix the game, instead of looking at the game in its whole. The game just cannot compete with the others, especially considering the demographic this game is aimed at.

In the end, any changes that are made are going to be to make the game more enjoyable for those that plan to continue to play anyways, but I highly doubt it saves guys from quitting that were on the edge. Maybe it delays it by a short time, but once they see the game is still the game, it won't change their decision. I think Wes' graph shows that well (http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105927).

And agree about needing to stop saying that any action is causing people to leave the game.

I imagine there isn't just one big reason why there are fewer people playing CN in general, TE in specific. There are like 37+ small reasons. Add into the above rl stuff, like these days people with jobs work more and have better things to spend their time on. People without jobs have better things to spend money on than just for access to any game. Plus I don't think the game gets a whole lot of advertising, and as bc says, what it does get probably isn't for the right demographic. Seems to be more word of mouth among friends than anything else. Not to mention that TE takes more time in general than SE. I think you have to be more active.

I don't think it's any one specific of the reasons already listed.
I think it's more like a little bit of all of the above, and many, many more.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322250207' post='2851089']
I imagine there isn't just one big reason why there are fewer people playing CN in general, TE in specific. There are like 37+ small reasons. Add into the above rl stuff, like these days people with jobs work more and have better things to spend their time on. People without jobs have better things to spend money on than just for access to any game. Plus I don't think the game gets a whole lot of advertising, and as bc says, what it does get probably isn't for the right demographic. Seems to be more word of mouth among friends than anything else. Not to mention that TE takes more time in general than SE. I think you have to be more active.

I don't think it's any one specific of the reasons already listed.
I think it's more like a little bit of all of the above, and many, many more.
[/quote]
On the plus side, round 36 will see one on one battles between the remaining 10 nations: bc, cd, clash, kj, confusion, stevie, dogbite, paul, ernie, and bacon. Stelios will have given up the round before after being mercilessly whipped for 6 rounds.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1322254216' post='2851117']
On the plus side, round 36 will see one on one battles between the remaining 10 nations: bc, cd, clash, kj, confusion, stevie, dogbite, paul, ernie, and bacon. Stelios will have given up the round before after being mercilessly whipped for 6 rounds.
[/quote]
Please don't make all of us sell infra just to be in range of you..

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1322257850' post='2851138']
don't forget my minions. :awesome:
[/quote]

Don't think you actually have minions yet Ernie.
Yours are more like disciples.

Bacon is like Hitler.
DD is like Charles Manson.
And you would be more like Moses. :P

Edited by Victor Von Doom

[quote name='Victor Von Doom' timestamp='1322290484' post='2851988']
Don't think you actually have minions yet Ernie.
Yours are more like disciples.

Bacon is like Hitler.
DD is like Charles Manson.
And you would be more like Moses. :P
[/quote]

I :lol1: 'ed

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1322257850' post='2851138']
don't forget my minions. :awesome:
[/quote]

I only make my monies for Ernie.

[IMG]http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/Ayzhin/Untitled-2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1322373269' post='2853456']
Just say the word... :ph34r:
[/quote]

[quote name='Forgottenonez' timestamp='1322375440' post='2853480']
I only make my monies for Ernie.

[IMG]http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/Ayzhin/Untitled-2.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Like a boss :awesome:

[quote name='Forgottenonez' timestamp='1322375440' post='2853480'][IMG]http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/Ayzhin/Untitled-2.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
Awww look how happy your people are. They are in love with you!
HUGGER ftw :awesome:

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1322558065' post='2855734']
Awww look how happy your people are. They are in love with you!
HUGGER ftw :awesome:
[/quote]

Is it just me, or do his people also look like Rudolph? :lol1:

I have to ask, is all the !@#$%*ing that takes place on this forum just propaganda?

People can't be serious. Every war isn't going to be this perfectly set up, fair updeclare. Its almost impossible to do. There are different times between wars, unanticipated wars, planning, etc. The leadership for each alliance has to plan out a round without knowing what everyone else is going to do. If one particular alliance waited around for the perfect, fair war, they would end up sitting on their butts all round until they got attacked or got accused of . . . sitting on their butts.

I have been playing for multiple rounds and seen virtually every alliance get hit and hit someone else in a less than optimal time. I have also seen virtually every alliance just sit in build mode for extended periods of time. LE had a light round this round, but got murdered by war timing the last round. I have been on both sides of the coin and yeah, it really sucks when you get rougued or hit again shortly after a war, but over time it all evens out. TE is chaos. Just enjoy the bombing runs.

[quote name='coldfish' timestamp='1322670906' post='2857050']
The leadership for each alliance has to plan out a round without knowing what everyone else is going to do. If one particular alliance waited around for the perfect, fair war, they would end up sitting on their butts all round until they got attacked or got accused of . . . sitting on their butts.

[/quote]
Lies. I did it twice this round. One was to LE who sat out for over a month.. yet again. Now of course every war there will be those that complain. But that does mean their cant be legit wars.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1322678327' post='2857136']
Stelios, you don't count as a leader. BC runs RE, remember?
[/quote]
Nope we had to revoke his status.. he refused to wear a toga

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1322681319' post='2857171']
I was his VP and I love togas
[/quote]
You were not. You wish you could rule RE.

How is everyone in LE doing?

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1322681743' post='2857179']
So...paul runs RE now? Second in command and succession and all that?
[/quote]
Yes and Stelios is in denial. Looks like another Roman civil war in the making. By right of sucession and the fact that I look better than Stelios in a toga I claim the title of Emperor of Rome. :)

Edited by paul711

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1322681730' post='2857178']
How is everyone in LE doing?
[/quote]

We're doing well, enjoying the fight, both sides are really making that flag a piece of work to get to.

You better watch yourself next round Stelios, I'm coming for you... :ph34r: